View Poll Results: On which class would a player be better?

Voters
104. This poll is closed
  • Warlock

46 44.23%
  • Mage

58 55.77%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    If you cannot figure out how to contribute to your raid group as a Warlock, don't play a Warlock. Pretty simple stuff, guy. We'll see you again when we're overtuned and you all of a sudden stop caring about "fun" and utility.
    Gotta love you throwing this shitty assumption in every thread as if it was gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Seriously, what would it take before you would deem it okay to discuss on forums? That warlocks no longer had an interrupt at all no matter what they did? That warlocks did half damage of everyone else in every situation? What issues would make it okay to finally talk about it on this forum?
    For all the Jondars and Gaidaxes of this world to start seeing problems with Warlocks Blizzard would need to outright delete them. And that's only 10% probability.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    1 Spec affliction
    2 sweet souls
    3 profit
    Unless tanks can get Sweet Souls trait, this isn't what was talked about.

Good lord. Warlocks do not have any issues with our kit in Mythic dungeons. We have everything we need to do well in them at high levels. This argument has no substance. Warlocks do have interrupts, you just don't like them. The cast times are fine, just learn them and react accordingly.
    CC isn't interrupt. And lo and behold, CC isn't magically exclusive to Warlocks, so other classes can CC on top of having instant interrupts.

So if one class had to spend 3 seconds to mount instead of the usual 1.5, you think that would just be perfectly fine and noone would complain? You keep handwaving it because YOU don't feel it is an issue, but you STILL haven't explained WHY it should be that way.
    Wait, wasn't this actually the case for Warlocks (and Paladins) when they initially lowered the mounting speed? I think for a while that did not apply to spell mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Classic Jondar-ism here. You just have to work harder and play more skilled than a mage!

Of course, it overlooks the fact that if the mage matches your skill and work he will beat you hands down, every time. It make sme laugh every time Jondar trots this out, warlocks are not topping charts because they are bad players, logical conclusion, the warlock playerbase is in some weird way all composed on lazy bad players and the mages are all played by top notch people
    What do you mean if the Mage matches your skill? It is known that in any guild with a Warlock Mages are played by monkeys. So even if you are worse than the monkeys at start, you will scale infinitely through self-improvement while the monkeys won't, because Mages can't improve their play. It's unique Warlock mechanic.

Learn how to use the tools you have or go find another kit. You know what the cast times are so react accordingly. It isn't worth this much crying and borderline spamming on the forums. We aren't always going to have everything, just like many other classes don't have everything. We haven't even gotten to tier yet and people are acting like things aren't going to ever get better.
    Ah, yes. Tier will fix it. The last step in the circle of bullshit excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, especially in SWP as Destro. I was Affliction before that. But because mages could reliably sheep, while we only had seduce - my memory is that if a group chose between a mage and a lock, they'd take the mage. At least as long as heroics were still challenging and packs relied on CC
    Well, Warlock CC was godlike in the last part of MGT. Made the trash there faceroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Well,
    1. both classes can have interrupt, with the exact same cooldown no less. That being said, you usually have melee with shorter cd interrupts in the rotations and ranged act as a backup. Having one more or less long cd interrupt in the raid will rarely make a difference.
    1. What the... You clearly haven't played or seen warlocks I guess. So I'll just stop reading here since your opinion is irrelevant.

Having healed some mythics on my Priest I prefer Warlocks than Mages, they do more AoE damage and is one less person I have to heal.

Deleted
    That is very very niche though, and an invis pot could do the same.
    Yes invisib potion fits the deal, true. So i can just take drums of war and have BL. This thread was supposed to compare mage and warlock and why bring a warlock over a mage in a group/raid and it has evolved to "Why cant warlocks do what all other classes do together".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Yeah sure its a 50% dps loss, come at me with another SIM and pretend it reflects the real context of a fight with YOU in it. Of course you don't, you prefer to not even try. Thats how baddies think
    In mythic+ it is actually pretty close to a 50% dps loss haha, grimsac is ridiculously better for mythic+ when trash is the most time-consuming ( and often hardest) part. Sacrificing all that damage for an interrupt is not worth it when all other DPS can interrupt instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Having healed some mythics on my Priest I prefer Warlocks than Mages, they do more AoE damage and is one less person I have to heal.
    must not have run any with good mages, their AoE as fire is very good without even having to spec all into AoE talents like warlocks do. We are more tanky though, you're welcome Xd

OT, as far as interrupts go, I'm just sad that they took away our interrupt (without having to sacrifice a lot of DPS) leaving us as the only DPS without one I believe...
    Last edited by Azarak; 2016-10-11 at 10:47 AM.

the whole discussion is pretty useless imo.
    Like we say in germany, you are compairing apples with pears.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Anyone else remembers Warlocks have that too?

Also, all Guilds take Warlocks gladly as well as Mages, this is no either or situations.
    Destro does not. Demo does not. The only way those 2 specs have an interrupt is by sacrificing dps since demo is supposed to use the felguard and destro is supposed to use an imp. You lose 2 cooldowns by going doomguard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorelie View Post
    the whole discussion is pretty useless imo.
    Like we say in germany, you are compairing apples with pears.
    What the... Here are the most comparable classes:
    Mage and Warlock
    DK and Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Oh look, another warlock complaining thread..

The grass is always greener on the other side.
    Your retarded post makes no sense when comparing these two things since Mages are literally >>>>>>>>> Warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You only played with the worst mages on the planet I guess. Fire AoE annihilates Warlock unless you're autistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Destro does not. Demo does not. The only way those 2 specs have an interrupt is by sacrificing dps since demo is supposed to use the felguard and destro is supposed to use an imp. You lose 2 cooldowns by going doomguard.
    Yes demo has a ranged stun, which you can use while casting and even your Global cooldown doesnt affect it at all. Pretty shit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You only played with the worst mages on the planet I guess. Fire AoE annihilates Warlock unless you're autistic.
    Either he played with the worst mages in the world, or you dont know how to aoe. not sure which. As demo, mages annihilate warlocks for like 6 sec. After the second imp pack lands u start getting higher and when doom ticks there is no contest anymore. The difference in the sustain is huge. I guess there must be to many autistic mages around.
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-10-11 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Your retarded post makes no sense when comparing these two things since Mages are literally >>>>>>>>> Warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look, another butt hurt lock.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Yes demo has a ranged stun, which you can use while casting and even your Global cooldown doesnt affect it at all. Pretty shit, right?
    You can stun bosses now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You can stun bosses now?
    Are you implying that with all the interrupts the melee have, they are not enaugh to keep rotations on kicking a single targets certain ability? On a boss interrupt rotation even if you had baseline silence you shouldnt even need to use it. Now if you play with groups that overlap kicks nad suddenly are like "WTF WHY NO INTERRUPT" thats another story

Quote Originally Posted by rvd1ofakind View Post
    Last time responding to you before ignoring you as a troll since you've contributed nothing of value to this topic on top of actually stating that you won't.
    Mind flay tentacles are the easiest example I can think of of the top of my head. Either way the interrupts are more of a M+ issue. Where I ran a dungeon with 2 locks and wiped because we just couldn't interrupt enough and had to kick the other lock. Banish is restricted and is therefor worse than mage poly (once again).

SS cast time wiped us about 3 times (hard to find a time to actually use it since everyone else has a better brez). A tank can easily die during that time if the healer dies. A healer/dps can ever die even easier is the tank dies. Bye forever.
    So because you can't stack a class to a limited player activity, then it automatically makes a class worse when they're not stackable? Mate, you have this thing called a brain, it allows you to process external information input, and in turn react to it. Some classes are better for some things.

No, warlocks are NOT perfect, and they need some new things to play with/optimization, but saying that they bring nothing to a raid compared to mages is just you being willfully obtuse. Mages cannot CRes, mages cannot move the entire raid in a matter of seconds with a gate, mages cannot sustaun themselves consistantly in any given fight w/o stopping their dps. Mages can do other things, just like a warlock can do other things. Weather these things are significant or not can be argued, since other classes can do some of these things too, so you really are just being a drama queen over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has literally said warlock are less mobile, tankier mages

So you made a post asking people why take a warlock, they give you points and then you just argue every single post? Stay with the mage, no one gives a shit.

This post is worthless, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Sucks that we aren't tanky then
    We are as tanky as tanky gets for casters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Sucks that we aren't tanky then

"tankier" than mage not a tank. Don't expect to be horribly broken like destro was during MOP. I've played the class at that time, it had so many ridiculous advantages besides mobility.
    And I don't see many ranged classes that are tankier than a warlock currently. Maybe Moonkin against pure physical damage

Mages iceblok is not being tanky, its a "emergency button", it doesn't provide mages with consistent self sustain. The only good thing is their shield which has 30 seconds cooldown, they can't evocate/heal anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    So you made a post asking people why take a warlock, they give you points and then you just argue every single post? Stay with the mage, no one gives a shit.

This post is worthless, good job.
    Its a common tactic in subforums about classes. People who have their mind fixed on hating their class and secretly wish to FOTM to some DH or mage just ask for opinions in hope that everyone agrees with them and start raging when they get diverging opinions. Confirmation bias at its best.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-10-11 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    "tankier" than mage not a tank. Don't expect to be horribly broken like destro was during MOP. I've played the class at that time, it had so many ridiculous advantages besides mobility.
    And I don't see many ranged classes that are tankier than a warlock currently. Maybe Moonkin against pure physical damage

Mages iceblok is not being tanky, its a "emergency button", it doesn't provide mages with consistent self sustain. The only good thing is their shield which has 30 seconds cooldown, they can't evocate/heal anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a common tactic in subforums about classes. People who have their mind fixed on hating their class and secretly wish to FOTM to some DH or mage just ask for opinions in hope that everyone agrees with them and start raging when they get diverging opinions. Confirmation bias at its best.
    Strange how I find you have an even bigger case of class hate than the OP. Every other post I see you barging in and saying warlocks were broken in some xpac and such. Do you have some kind of grudge against warlocks that you feel the compulsion to "shut down" any warlock complaint whether valid or not?

Warlock "tankiness" is an illusion. Any raid mechanic that obliterates DPS will also obliterate Warlocks. That "tankiness" doesn't do shit when you still get one shot by mechanics that matter. The name of the game in competitive raid content is evasion and immunity spells. It is also non-existent in PVP where melee absolutely blow up warlocks, and melee even prefer to seek out warlocks in BGs first because they have few escape mechanisms.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    We are as tanky as tanky gets for casters
    Which is not much really, so why promote the tankiness when it sucks.