Thread: Kick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriahari View Post
    They didn't specify if they were going to be using the item or not. If i get a drop and i want to experiment with it then its my right to keep it. Just cause I CAN give it to someone else doesn't mean I should have to.
    exactly right. the entitlement some groups feel that they have towards items is out of this world.

Personal loot is personal. its your choice what to do with it.
    Hi

I only kick people who go afk without saying anything and people who refuse to teleport to the dungeon ( and healers who think they are the shit )

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm sure it happens now and then but I think the vast majority of kocks are legit.
    Sometimes typos bring to light the truth so beautifully.

Yeah, I have been kicked for no reason before, but the vast majority of kicks I have seen or have been apart of have been legitimate.

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I like the kick option for 1 reason. I have had plenty of guild majority groups that are just trolling other ppl, hunters md to healers stuff like that. So trolling them back is great, prompt a vote kick for ine of them and put your own name or class in the description and they always end up kicking their own friend.
    Lol does this really work tricking people?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it happens now and then but I think the vast majority of kocks are legit.
    Happens a lot, some aren't even 'legit'. Seen people kick for doing more dps, seen people kick for telling the group the right direction, seen people kicked for trying to do their quest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Kind of a dick move mate. You deserved a kick for that.
    No he didn't. Personal loot is personal.

Your attitude is cancer and you should feel bad.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Kind of a dick move mate. You deserved a kick for that.
    Kind of a dick move to expect someone to give you something you didn't earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Happens a lot, some aren't even 'legit'. Seen people kick for doing more dps, seen people kick for telling the group the right direction, seen people kicked for trying to do their quest.
    I don't deny these happen at times but when I see people kicked from dungeons it's almost always because:

A. We have a moocher not even trying. I don't just mean a newbie who doesn't understand their class yet or someone who still needs to gear out, but someone who seems to be constantlt alt tabbing etc or barely doing more than auto attacking.

B. Someone dcs and doesn't log back in within a few minutes.

C. Someone goes afk for a while without saying anything or does say something but is still gone for half the dungeon etc.

D. They're being an ass.

E. Pulling mobs without the tank asking, or trying to wipe the group etc.

I'm not saying bad kicks don't happen but they seem to be quite rare from my experience compared to legit kicks.

I don't deny these happen at times but when I see people kicked from dungeons it's almost always because:

A. We have a moocher not even trying. I don't just mean a newbie who doesn't understand their class yet or someone who still needs to gear out, but someone who seems to be constantlt alt tabbing etc or barely doing more than auto attacking.

B. Someone dcs and doesn't log back in within a few minutes.

C. Someone goes afk for a while without saying anything or does say something but is still gone for half the dungeon etc.

D. They're being an ass.

E. Pulling mobs without the tank asking, or trying to wipe the group etc.

I'm not saying bad kicks don't happen but they seem to be quite rare from my experience compared to legit kicks.
    This is my experience too. I'm trying to recall if there's been any unjustified kicks, but I can't think of any atm (there could have been of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Then again it's also possible some would be bs kicks just don't stick out in my memory because my default reaction is to click no unless I've noticed a good reason to mick, but even with those they would be in the minority for me.

Was kicked today for being discipline. The DH tank didn't seem too good at the game and was spiking a lot during the very first pull, after which he questioned my spec and ability. I told them to consider using their defensive abilities (they didn't use anything, since I track them for m+). Then I was kicked. It was the first time I've been removed for no reason at all. I mean we just pulled 1 trash pack and no one died.

Kicked a tank last week for telling the dps l2p, and generally being elitist.

Got kicked 2 xpacs ago due to being mistaken for the guy who was actually AFK.

I was tanking an instance with a hunter, he pulled EVERYTHING (barrage monster), Got himself and the healer killed 3 times. I finally said, "if you are going to barrage pull the instance, at least use MD" I was booted.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

While leveling, I did a dungeon with a friend. As a joke he tried to kick me. Everyone else clicked yes and I was out. No reason, good dps, no issues...

people either dont read or dont care. The kicking system is easy to abuse and easy to manipulate.

I've voted to kick people on a number of occasions .. every single one of them was for AFK / DC'd for long period of time.

I've been kicked once in my life, for not being able to do a magic invisible pixel jump in The Everbloom which would enable the group to skip one small trash pack.

The latter bummed me out, but honestly, I can't see any evidence of widespread kick misbehaviour, in my years of experience queueing for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Lol does this really work tricking people?
    Almost every time. Turns out most of the people acting like idiots in groups are actual idiots and fall for the simplest of things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    No he didn't. Personal loot is personal.

Your attitude is cancer and you should feel bad.
    Same goes for that stupid fucking addon being used lately which spams if someone doesn't need an item, people using that go straight to my ignore list.

I've never seeb someone in a dungeon get kicked for no reason.
    99% of the times I've seen it, it was for no reason or total crap reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Same goes for that stupid fucking addon being used lately which spams if someone doesn't need an item, people using that go straight to my ignore list.
    Several people in my guild use it. It can be useful but they all turn off the announce.

For instance, our Warlock plays a lot more than one of our Fire Mages, and has used the addon to quickly identify what he can pass over in Mythics. It's like Gearscore - not inherently bad, people just abuse the shit out of it.

When people pester me for gear (i.e. in the five seconds it takes me to relink and ask if it's an upgrade for anyone), they get a fixed 20k sell price. Pay it or fuck off.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

I once got kicked for calling people by their class.
    Instead of writing their complex names with weird symbols i referred to them as "priest please dispel" or "warlock taunt off".

10 minutes into a very good (and rather quiet) dungeon run i suddenly got yelled at by two people for not using their character's names.
    I did not even get to write a response, i got kicked from the party - and i was the tank, we had no deaths or ninja looting... smooth run.

That happened to me back in Cataclysm.
    The event confused me so much i actually remember it rather well.