Deleted

Channel demonfire

is there a point where you have so much shard regen that channel demonfire > soul conduit?

Deleted
    I suppose if you have Feretory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Does each tick have a chance at a shard or just once for the entire spell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienz View Post
    Does each tick have a chance at a shard or just once for the entire spell?
    No, the Feretory procs of each casting, not each tick - but as it proccs of each spell you cast (well, 90%) you're drowning in shards.

Deleted
    Can you get more than one shard per cast? Because the way Havoced Conflagrates work I am guessing no. Also, does Chaos Bolt apply since chaos includes fire damage?

We should take into account that we risk capping during Channel Demonfire as well. With so much shard generation it would be difficult to use it at anything more than 2 shards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuvatar View Post
    is there a point where you have so much shard regen that channel demonfire > soul conduit?
    I think you got that backwards. The benefit of channel demonfire is that it doesn't cost a shard, if you had infinite shards you would always want to cast chaos bolt. CB procs eradication, benefits from artifact traits, and has a slightly higher base damage.

Also, it is easier to havoc chaos bolt properly. If you have immolate up on two targets and you try to havoc channel demonfire, you won't be havocing the bolts that hit the havoced target. Which means you would need to immolate one target, havoc the other, and then you would get full benefit of havoc but not have immolate running on both targets during that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    No no and no.

I have Feretory and CDF is literally a dead talent for me, simply because Feretory and Soul Conduit have a simple and effective synergy - you get more shards with Feretory > you refund more shards with Soul Conduit.

And no, even with Feretory and Soul Conduit together - I am not really swimming in shards to the point where it is literal non-stop Chaos Bolting, you will still incinerate plenty, unless you have Immolate up and running on several targets, then yes - it's non-stop CB, but in this case again Soul Conduit is better because it scales with amount of shards you generate and unless it is some very special case like last phase Xavius - you are never really permanently capped on shards.

Basically, you can be certain that any encounter I take Soul Conduit to also excludes the above possibility of truly not being able to spend all the shards you get.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-12 at 09:56 AM.