Thread: Necrotic Rot?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I actually prefer Necrotic over Skitterish as a Warrior Tank. But some boss encounters just make it hard to remove your stacks.

I've gone as high as +8, with high DPS you can power through it, but I'm wondering how people deal with it when Tyrannical is on.

The fact this week is Fortified rather than tyrannical kind of sucks. Big packs of mobs that do more damage, enrage, have a ton of health and debuff the tank... not fun. I'd rather get creative on bosses with tyrannical than slog through Raging/Necrotic/Fortified trash.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wants every tank to be a bear apparently. It's probably the only tank that gets fucked the least in M+ and is the strongest in raiding as well.

I ran some 9s last night and it's not too bad as a DK, and ran a 10 court of stars. My butthole puckered a lot when we pulled the mini boss in Vault 9 though, especially when she hit 30%. She already does a metric shitload of damage, which is further amplified by raging. Fortified raging dreadlord in court of stars is interesting too, I would suggest pushing him to 30% after he just cast a shadow bolt volley lol.

Necrotic on trash really isn't that bad as a DK but you need stuns in your group. Normally we run with two and you can do it two ways. Open with a stun so necrotic stacks aren't as bad, then proceed to tank them until they just about hit 30%. At that point you stun again, throw DnD down and prepare to kite. Or you can just open with AMS, proceed as normal for about 10 seconds to which you stun at roughly 30% and have a follow up stun right after. If mobs aren't dead you just proceed to kite again, which is absolutely necessary. Some mobs, even as a DK you can face tank when raging is active, but you can't really face tank too many of them.

The absolute shittiest thing about necrotic is how weak it makes DKs going into the next pack. I don't mind the healing reduction, what I mind is the fucking dot. DK is sort of a momentum tank, in which that you're suppose to pull with some RP banked and relatively high boneshield stacks going in. This allows you to focus more on heart strikes on the pull, which allows you to death strike more when you spike. Necrotic is fucking awful because every 1.5 seconds you lose a boneshield stack regardless, and you can't pull after you're done a pack because you need to wait for necrotic to expire. This means that normally you're entering each new pack with 0 or few boneshield stacks, which amplifies how shitty you are each pack.

I like that affixes change how we play, I think kiting to a degree and finding ways to drop stacks is interesting. What I don't think is fun is that affixes are heavily skewed towards a couple of the tanks while literally the rest of them have no bearing (GET IT BEAR) on some of the other.

It's a design issue with DKs that shitty passive dots and auras eat boneshield charges and that needs to be fixed, but I ask why does necrotic even need a dot component at all? It really shouldn't.

Raging should probably be looked at as well, either a lower damage % or it only effecting mob melee hits. It's not that raging is hard, it's more that some affixes are just way more difficult than others. Either make the strong ones weaker, or make the weak ones stronger. Difficulty between weeks shouldn't change that much IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    but I ask why does necrotic even need a dot component at all?
    Look clearly a long ass to drop (11-12 second from full) stacking dot that reduces healing, stacks super fast, and EVERY mob in the dungeon applies it just wasn't enough so they added the damage component because you know it just needed that little bit extra to be enough for an affix.