sin poison: try for envenom buff uptime or EP uptime?

I swapped to poison sin... should I focus more on trying to keep EP up all the time, or the envenom buff?

Someone suggested I would probably be doing 3-4 cp envenoms if I shoot for EP uptime... but that doesn't seem right given my regen.

113% mastery, 37% crit at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    I swapped to poison sin... should I focus more on trying to keep EP up all the time, or the envenom buff?

Someone suggested I would probably be doing 3-4 cp envenoms if I shoot for EP uptime... but that doesn't seem right given my regen.

113% mastery, 37% crit at the moment.
    You'll most likely benefit if you get 3~4 CP and pool to ~110 before an Envenom, that way you can fit 2 Mut ( hoping you get to 6 CP with two :P ) + Envenom while you have both Envenom and EP up

i see; ill try that tonight. thanks!

You should focus on the 5 second windows of both surge of toxins and elaborate planning matching up with when your rupture will be doing the most damage. Are you mid-nightstalker-rupture? Keep high EP uptime, no matter what. Is it a normal rupture? Then go for energy efficiency and use envenoms at 4+ CP after saving enough energy for at least one mutilate after it.

During buff windows, vendetta or full AP/nightstalker rupture, go for keeping 100% uptime on EP. During KB windows, 100% envenom uptime. Outside of those I don't envenom without 5-6 which usually has my envenom uptime around 60%. Using AP there really isn't that much of a reason to drop to 4 pts because after the first envenom you should have 5 and keep 5 AP up for the remainder of the fight. If you are running with exsang instead of AP then there maybe a reason to seek higher uptimes on envenom as deadly actually does damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    You should focus on the 5 second windows of both surge of toxins and elaborate planning matching up with when your rupture will be doing the most damage. Are you mid-nightstalker-rupture? Keep high EP uptime, no matter what. Is it a normal rupture? Then go for energy efficiency and use envenoms at 4+ CP after saving enough energy for at least one mutilate after it.
    This seems to be accurate. Pinch one of the top parsing characters on warcraft logs is doing refreshes with only 4 cps when needed.