Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Sorry but by reading the article i linked, you understand that patriots have good performance?

4% and 2% are pretty low if you ask me

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i remember. That was idiotic moderation. I am skeptic about the whole moon thing, from the first day i hear it. I will become a believer when the next country lands and sends some pictures. I think its my right to believe w/e i feel like. I am sorry if that insults you or any other poster in here.
    So, you do not believe in the moon landing, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    So, you do not believe in the moon landing, correct?
    I am skeptic, i am not sure if i believe or not. What does that has to do with the thread?

I am skeptic, i am not sure if i believe or not. What does that has to do with the thread?
    Nothing. Nothing, at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Read more carefully:
    And no, not all a/a are proximity fused.
    4,156 apartments were destroyed
    three Patriots were fired into the air
    Riiiight, totally caused by those three and not the Scuds.
    Sorry but by reading the article i linked, you understand that patriots have good performance?

4% and 2% are pretty low if you ask me
    95% is the rate for successful interception. Again, interception versus warhead disabling rate. That GAO report is rife with the words "destroying warheads".

Defense spokesman Pete Williams:
    Williams said part of the problem is determining when "a successful engagement" occurred. "Does the Patriot have to destroy the Scud warhead in the air," he asked, or can the Patriot hit the Scud "anywhere and knock it off target?" Part of the issue in determining Patriot's effectiveness means "going back and reconstructing the (missile) engagements" and how well they worked.
    From that actual report. They hit their targets and at least disabled the missile part of the SCUDs 95% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read more carefully:

And no, not all a/a are proximity fused.
    Most of the time the target SRBM was hit, however because of the large CEP of the SCUD and the robustness of a unitary warhead the overall effect was minimal.

Generally only very small SAMs are not proximity fused unless they are fitted with a kinetic warhead.