Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

I can't spend all day farming to raid mythic

I open this thread to see if I am the only frustrated raider here

I enjoyed a lot mythic raiding last expansion, it was the first expansion I raided, and I found it extremely challenging and good fun

I can't play this game all day 24/7, and last expansion I could just log 12 weekly hours for raiding + 2 hours weekly for farming and it was more than enough to complete mythic content

At the moment I find that I have to spend the same time farming than raiding and its turning this game into a job, I raid 12 hours weekly and according to my calculations I have to farm 10-15 hours only for the flasks, pots and food

If we include runes, gear and making some gold to pay for enchants, gems, repairs and stuff it turns into 15-20 hours of farm weekly... plus 12 raiding hours its like a job

I don't know why blizzard went back into the 24/7 grinding chit to raid, now I am seriously thinking about stop raiding and unsubbing as I completed all heroic content

What do you think about this guys?

Deleted
    I think: make a step back, you dont need any stuff for heroic mode, that would suite yourslef much better.

its annoying and its what people asked for grindy vs garrisons that simplified the tasks (probably to much so though). <tinfoil hat> Blizz did it all on purpose to sell game tokens so people would just spend more money vs farming </tinfoil hat off>
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

i'd rather people quit than a garrison give them everything on a silver platter.

though i do agree the amount of herbs required for flasks and pots is completely fucking insane.

since when does a dps potion need 10 herbs? or a single flask 27 herbs? even vanilla wasn't this grindy.

20 dps pots in wod, 60 herbs readily available from your herb garden, 20 pots in legion, with procs probably 150 herbs, all of which you have to farm or pay like 15k gold, DAFUQ.

it's gone from 1 extreme to another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    I think: make a step back, you dont need any stuff for heroic mode, that would suite yourslef much better.
    Yeah, I know. You are completely right, but I enjoy a lot raiding mythic. Heroic feels too easy and I can complete all heroic bosses in less than a week... I would like to enjoy mythic too.

I understand that some farm is needed in order to complete the highest difficulty, but I find that 2 hours daily farming is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    its annoying and its what people asked for grindy vs garrisons that simplified the tasks (probably to much so though). <tinfoil hat> Blizz did it all on purpose to sell game tokens so people would just spend more money vs farming </tinfoil hat off>
    I have never understood why people kept all WoD asking for grinding herbs to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i'd rather people quit than a garrison give them everything on a silver platter.

though i do agree the amount of herbs required for flasks and pots is completely fucking insane.

since when does a dps potion need 10 herbs? or a single flask 27 herbs? even vanilla wasn't this grindy.

20 dps pots in wod, 60 herbs readily available from your herb garden, 20 pots in legion, with procs probably 150 herbs, all of which you have to farm or pay like 15k gold, DAFUQ.

it's gone from 1 extreme to another.
    Yeah. I understand that the highest difficulty requires some grinding of the consumables. But I find this quite extreme... Mythic raiding it's really fun and I am disappointed that it's so time consuming.

Not because of the raiding part, which I accept it's time consuming (and fun), but the farming... I don't see the point of the high farm requirements.

Don't really feel the same struggle you do, i log on to my herbing alt for about 2 hours a week farm up on him, send it to my main, and do whatever i want. i have the binding enchants, neck enchant, best food, its not really that bad. you are either doing something horribly wrong, or not getting any help at all from your guild, which is also wrong.

If only Blizzard gave you a full year and garrisons to stockpile gold before this expansion.

Deleted
    The first thing i did when i dinged 110 was going to AH. After that, i removed myself from all scheduled guild raid and stepped down as social.
    Easy as that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumo View Post
    Yeah, I know. You are completely right, but I enjoy a lot raiding mythic. Heroic feels too easy and I can complete all heroic bosses in less than a week... I would like to enjoy mythic too.
    I know what you mean.
    I know I can do better than "only" hc, but I am much to bound-by friends and stick to my guild who somehow manage though hc while my and my brother/co-tank reach min 97% ratings in a group of DPS that hardly breaks 75%. If they at least would enchant their stuff every fight would be so much smoother and shorter ^^

I enjoyed a lot mythic raiding last expansion, it was the first expansion I raided, and I found it extremely challenging and good fun

I can't play this game all day 24/7, and last expansion I could just log 12 weekly hours for raiding + 2 hours weekly for farming and it was more than enough to complete mythic content

At the moment I find that I have to spend the same time farming than raiding and its turning this game into a job, I raid 12 hours weekly and according to my calculations I have to farm 10-15 hours only for the flasks, pots and food

If we include runes, gear and making some gold to pay for enchants, gems, repairs and stuff it turns into 15-20 hours of farm weekly... plus 12 raiding hours its like a job

I don't know why blizzard went back into the 24/7 grinding chit to raid, now I am seriously thinking about stop raiding and unsubbing as I completed all heroic content

Our guild, while not the best currently, recruits farmers specifically because of this. These farmers provide us food/flasks etc. And when we clear heroic/mythic content, they are carried through. They aren't even bad players, they just don't like raiding 3 nights a week. We also help them through mythic+ content and such. Healers/tanks prioritize at least bringing in one farmer per dungeon group (if one wants to).
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2016-10-12 at 04:27 PM.

I have never understood why people kept all WoD asking for grinding herbs to be honest.

same i loved that i could be self sufficient 95% of the time for raid items and never touch the AH or waste time getting ore/herbs/other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Our guild, while not the best currently, recruits farmers specifically because of this. These farmers provide us food/flasks etc. And when we clear heroic/mythic content, they are carried through. They aren't even bad players, they just don't like raiding 3 nights a week. We also help them through mythic+ content and such. Healers/tanks prioritize at least bringing in one farmer per dungeon group (if one wants to).
    that's awesome!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    havin to herb for potions and flasks is good, but they cost so much right now, its retarded

not to mention the 3star recipe is super rare
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patoneil94 View Post
    Don't really feel the same struggle you do, i log on to my herbing alt for about 2 hours a week farm up on him, send it to my main, and do whatever i want. i have the binding enchants, neck enchant, best food, its not really that bad. you are either doing something horribly wrong, or not getting any help at all from your guild, which is also wrong.
    I need this mats weekly:

400 roses
    600 fjarnskaggl
    500 dreamleafs
    80 foxflowers

Can you explain how you farm that in 2 hours a week?

I have researched, and its 8-10 hours with really good farming numbers... Of course I am not talking about people that farm 400 herbs per hour or goblins with insane tricks... just the average raider

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    havin to herb for flasks is good, but flasks right now cost so much to make its retarded
    The sink is in the pots, flasks are acceptable to farm.

I think its great the the highest tier content requires more farming and prep, like the old days.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I think its great the the highest tier content requires more farming and prep, like the old days.
    So people with a normal life can't enjoy the highest difficulty? I don't see the point. Only the elitism of guys who can play this a lot of hours and want to feel special.

What makes the highest tier special is the skill requirements, not farming herbs like a robot for 2 hours a day in my humble opinion.

Because some people like to farm....It was pointless in WoD because the garry pooped it out.

i don't see how you need that many each week. i got 50 dps pots last night, 40 of the good haste food, and 2 flask (guild uses cauldrons mostly) and it took me maybe an hour of farming. i went to suramar and gather like 80 rose, went right outside the raid and killed the plant mobs to get about 150 dream leaf in under 30 mins, and then i had like 400 fjarn on me because i find it on the AH cheap/ pick it. you needing that many of the mats either means you are using them ineffectively (why have everyone bring flask when 2 cauldrons will cover a 3 hour raid night) or you are giving mats to people that don't have 3 stars and can proc off stuff. i farm maybe 30mins to an hour each raid night, and then sometimes my guild does a gather night where everyone gets together for 2 hours to farm mats using seeds and such. our bank has like 7 stacks of each plant and 8 stacks of each food product. farming is not that bad if everyone does it and does it right.

The prices are pretty bizarre. While I've stepped out of the Mythic scene since the 20m static, I would always have pots/flasks/food on me at all times and use them in any group content I'm in (whether it be a normal dungeon or a heroic raid). Now, however, I'll just keep selling the herbs/ore I pick up and hold onto my gold.

So people with a normal life can't enjoy the highest difficulty? I don't see the point. Only the elitism of guys who can play this a lot of hours and want to feel special.

What makes the highest tier special is the skill requirements, not farming herbs like a robot for 2 hours a day in my humble opinion.
    I do not raid mythic, I raid heroic, I, with ~30 min of farming a day or a couple hours on like a Sunday farm enough herbs for 8 people to have pots and flasks. Its not as bad as you are all making it out. Admittedly the pots are doled out as I see fit, not stacks per raider for 2 every attempt. I dole em out on attempts where I know that extra dmg is the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    The prices are pretty bizarre. While I've stepped out of the Mythic scene since the 20m static, I would always have pots/flasks/food on me at all times and use them in any group content I'm in (whether it be a normal dungeon or a heroic raid). Now, however, I'll just keep selling the herbs/ore I pick up and hold onto my gold.
    The prices reflect the obscene amount of gold Blizz let flood the economy for ~2 years.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why raiding, especially Mythic raiding, is a very niche activity. Despite only spending a couple of hours in the raid each week, the time commitment to be ready for the raid and then also to do other things you enjoy doing in-game is absolutely massive.