Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Mythic+ 4 and beyond talents

Hey guys,

Decided to roll an alt lock, going to get it from 100-110 asap in the coming days.

My main reason for rolling is my main is a Druid (Restoration as main and ST balance as off). Now I love doing the Mythic dungeons I honestly have a much better time doing these than EN raid and my group are hovering around the +5 - +6 mark in terms of in time completion where I heal. I want to also have a dps class to run dungeons with and I find balance is good for ST but the talents to make it more aoe relevant I don't really like and the cleave is lackluster.

So here I am. Now I know I have to level and then grind some mythic 0 but I can sort that myself I'm pondering what spec to go and suggestions to talents for cleave an aoe (we never seem to have issues taking down bosses so ST focus is unnecessary).
    Im leaning towards Destruction just wondering what people think would be a good set of talents for entry level mythic and then +4 onwards if the talent choice changes. Ideally I want to level as the spec I am running dungeons with.

Any general hints, tips, talent choices with explanations all welcome.

Not to sound like a douche but there are several posts with in-depth information and there is also icy-veins if you want quick information. soo.... no point writing stuff here. just dont pick fire and brimstone. its god awful and i have no idea how people can recommend that talent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aff is the god king of higher m+ trash dps when compared to other warlock specs. When it comes to single target bosses in m+ i can sustain 250k. If a pack of 4 or more adds live long enough for all of them to have a 20 stacked agony of them(and they do in higher m+'s) I will be doing more damage than destro can do with my talented seed spamming.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    Aff is the god king of higher m+ trash dps when compared to other warlock specs. When it comes to single target bosses in m+ i can sustain 250k. If a pack of 4 or more adds live long enough for all of them to have a 20 stacked agony of them(and they do in higher m+'s) I will be doing more damage than destro can do with my talented seed spamming.
    What are you even on about. What trash lives for over 30 seconds? 250k dps sustained is low even if they were to live that long. Sorry but affliction is horrible in pve right now. I can sustain 400-500k with perma havoc. Yes its only 2 targets, But if you want to AoE as destro you'd have to spec for it (and if you do, you'll do way more than 250k aswell) i can assure you if there is like alot of mobs to tag with RoF spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    Not to sound like a douche but there are several posts with in-depth information and there is also icy-veins if you want quick information. soo.... no point writing stuff here. just dont pick fire and brimstone. its god awful and i have no idea how people can recommend that talent.
    Uhm I can sustain 500k aoe dps in Mythic+ and only take a 8% dps loss from not having eradication so iono what you're talking about lmao
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Uhm I can sustain 500k aoe dps in Mythic+ and only take a 8% dps loss from not having eradication so iono what you're talking about lmao
    Honestly, arguing with people on this site just isnt worth it. Play with your fire and brimstone in your Level 2 mythic+ dungeons and have fun.

Depends on the affix and your group but this build is usually pretty safe:

Back Draft/Reverse Entropy/Shadow Fury/Erad/Dark Pact/Sac/Havoc

Browse logs here:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/9

7+ Year Old Account
    What are you even on about. What trash lives for over 30 seconds? 250k dps sustained is low even if they were to live that long. Sorry but affliction is horrible in pve right now. I can sustain 400-500k with perma havoc. Yes its only 2 targets, But if you want to AoE as destro you'd have to spec for it (and if you do, you'll do way more than 250k aswell) i can assure you if there is like alot of mobs to tag with RoF spam.
    I know 250k is low. Im saying that's pretty decent when you're talented for full aoe and your single target is expected to be dog shit. m+7 aff will shit all over destro in trash dps. I really don't give a shit about your single target boss dps as the real challenge in higher difficulties are the trash pulls as the bosses become an after thought. 500k sustained aoe is the low end of what aff can do in m+
    Better busy than dead.

I know 250k is low. Im saying that's pretty decent when you're talented for full aoe and your single target is expected to be dog shit. m+7 aff will shit all over destro in trash dps. I really don't give a shit about your single target boss dps as the real challenge in higher difficulties are the trash pulls as the bosses become an after thought. 500k sustained aoe is the low end of what aff can do in m+
    Just no. I'm done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just no. I'm done.
    kk bai bai. Aff shits on destro in high m+ as thats the only thing aff is doing well in atm...well nightmare drags too.
    Better busy than dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    lulwut?

F&B is absolutely amazing must pick for M+ of any kind. Eradication is nothing in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

kk bai bai. Aff shits on destro in high m+ as thats the only thing aff is doing well in atm...well nightmare drags too.
    It sure does in whatever alternate reality you live. You know why Destruction > Affliction in any serious M+ difficulty? Shadowfury... I'm not even saying that you ain't gonna gather those crowds for your glory AoE at proper difficulty, while Havoc is amazing in just about every pack.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-13 at 07:19 AM.

Destro is the most versatile tool kit in one spec. F&B is a cheap talent in cost of single target trade off. Destro is great at 2 target, great at AoE with F&B+RoF, and can swap between AoE/cleave/single on the fly as the pull evolves. That is the true strength of the spec.

Aff is sort of a one trick pony and even in that niche it isn't so strong to anywhere near offset its weaknesses. The only other versatile spec is a implosion soul conduit demo build which tends to get outshined by destro due to demo taking far more finesse and setup.

Deleted
    Yes I fully realize there was class guides, the reason I made a thread is because that guide is one opinion and caters one ilvl setup. Its nice to see peoples opinions on what they feel works and doesn't - proof of the pudding being there is already a debate on the worth of F+B.

For example my basic understanding seems to be that F+B would be great an entry level Mythics at the very least, once I get the gear to go beyond that then again I can look at into changing it.

Im thinking backdraft/RE/F+B/GoSac/WH as a starting point for the aoe and decent cleave.

Once I get to higher keystones maybe changing a couple like trying Erradicate etc

Destro and Afflic are the best for Mythic+ Dungeons. Demo might be better in the higher difficulties where Doom has a chance to detonate on trash. You can also probably play Demo if you already have good AoE dps, and just be the single target guy for bosses and kill targets.

Honestly, arguing with people on this site just isnt worth it. Play with your fire and brimstone in your Level 2 mythic+ dungeons and have fun.
    Sure, I'll also take my mythic 8 piece (done within the time limit) and walk away. Thanks for the advice!

/s
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Deleted
    Great choice picking a warlock, I am enjoying myself a lot!

In the discussion of which spec is best for mythic+>4 I think the demonology spec is rocking mythic keystones. I have had better results with demo (trait25) than destro (trait20). With implosion and soul conduit you can pull a lot of aoe - more than destro does for me - and my singletarget never gets beaten by other than our arms warr, who sucks at everything else but singletarget.

I think a lot of you guys are afraid of embracing the amazing demonology spec - go do, perhaps you will reduce the whine. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Sure, I'll also take my mythic 8 piece (done within the time limit) and walk away. Thanks for the advice!

/s
    Not sure what he is salty about, I find it silly to slot Eradication which is what, 8% increase best realistic case under some specific circumstances, vs F&B which is your only real AoE choice, which also generates a lot of free damage in typical 3-4 mobile pack as well.

I am clearing high level M+ all the time and I do not feel any particular need to slot Eradication, except for maybe extreme cases like +10 Tyrannical CoS where Melandrus is Ursoc-lite race vs soft enrage.

Deleted
    The raging affix probably lends itself quite highly to Eradication so you can WH cleave two mobs down to reduce the amount of trash you have enraged at once that is a danger with maybe pure AoE F+B.

I'm going to go F+B for Mythic 0-3 purely because it has zero ramp up time for trash that doesnt last all that long anyway.

Then the big debate comes when trash takes longer -> Do you keep F+B and continue to AoE down mobs or do you go Eradication with WH to burst down trash mob by mob instead of all at once. Both seem to have their merits.

Also it is interesting to see the guide highly recommends Cataclysm but most people are saying RE is the go to talent for that line.

Just play destro. It is flexible and powerful.