Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Volcanic WA? For mythic+ HALP

Hey like the title says, I was wondering if someone has a addon / WA for the mythic+ affix (fire on the floor "volcanic")!

...That does what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    ...That does what?
    Shows a ICON if you are standing in the area off explosion. Or shows you how close you are to explosions maybe

I don't think it's possible to create

Or is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    This affix killed me more than I am willing to admit

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    I don't think it's possible to create

Or is it?
    Unless standing in the area before the explosion triggers some sort of event (combatlog, debuff etc) then no. I'm guessing it works like Tyrant's fire seeds (not been into M+ yet myself), meaning no debuff, and just a tick of damage when they explode. If that's the case, then no, you can't have a WA yell at you when you're stood in them. Gotta use eyes .

Deleted
    Would be really nice if this existed, especially since it is currently impossible to see the vulcanoes on some of the more difficult undergrowths (DHT, water in DHT/EoA, islands on second boss in EOA) however it doesnt give a debuff or anything, so it will be difficult to make something like this.

Just download GTFO. It tells you when you're standing in bad in anything, not just Mythic Plus. Everyone doing any serious content should have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Just download GTFO. It tells you when you're standing in bad in anything, not just Mythic Plus. Everyone doing any serious content should have it.
    I'd rather walk into oncoming traffic

Aaaaand it doesn't work on these. GTFO relies on the same inputs as a WeakAura would - it can't spot anything you can't make a WA for.

Deleted
    rip whac-a-mole healers

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Aaaaand it doesn't work on these. GTFO relies on the same inputs as a WeakAura would - it can't spot anything you can't make a WA for.
    at least it warned me when I stood in the healing blood dead mobs leave behind. Sanguine affix.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2016-10-13 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    at least it warned me when I stood in the healing blood dead mobs leave behind. Sanguine affix.
    Yes, of course. Those pools do constant damage to you, and GTFO and WA can both spot that. Can't spot Volcanic because there's nothing in the combat log until it hits you, and then it's too late. (GTFO will at least still give you that "you just took avoidable damage" ping, for all the use that is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    I'd rather walk into oncoming traffic
    Don't let me stop you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    GTFO notifies you when you take damage. Why doesn't it work?
    Last edited by Ham on Rye; 2016-10-13 at 03:04 PM.

GTFO notifies you when you take damage. Why doesn't it work?
    because when you've taken the damage it's too late? :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    because when you've taken the damage it's too late? :thinking:
    Then open your eyes and avoid the bad?

Then open your eyes and avoid the bad?
    Then why do you need GTFO in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Then why do you need GTFO in the first place?
    The OP posted asking for help because he's not good enough to avoid the bad. GTFO will help him get out of it quickly.

The OP posted asking for help because he's not good enough to avoid the bad. GTFO will help him get out of it quickly.
    But GTFO doesn't work for that. And then your suggestion would be "open your eyes and avoid it". But then he wouldn't ever need GTFO making your suggestion void. You see where I'm going with it?

PS: I'm mostly teasing you because I find your original "Everyone doing any serious content should have it." ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    But GTFO doesn't work for that.
    That is incorrect. GTFO works *exceptionally* well for helping people get out of the bad quickly.