Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What is stopping Sargeras from coming to Azeroth and destroying it?

Can someone explain this to me?

I have read wiki but can't remember it explaining anything besides that it's location is unknown?
    But there are already a lot of Sargeras allies on Azeroth who could easily pinpoint the location of Azeroth and communicate it to Sargeras.
    I haven't read chronicles/comics etc so maybe it was explained there?

He's far away and it would take a long-ass time for him to get there in person, so he'd rather have the Legion summon him there instead. If I recall correctly he also doesn't know Azeroth's exact location.

I think that's the gist of it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, big-ish demons like Archimonde (formely, since Gul'dan summoned him with his right arm alone), Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras require extensive summons to materialize from the Twisting Nether.

Key point: They are not on the reality. They are on the Twisting Nether. I have no idea how the transition from Material Being (he was a Titan) --> Twisting Nether being (he resides there now) happens, but he's there now.

One could probably ask: Why not summon in in the nearest planet and then travel by space to Azeroth? Well, I can bullshitsprout some reasons too:
    - The summoning requires artifacts of power, and Azeroth has the stuff, while there's nothing near this planet with enough power to summon the devils.
    - Maybe demons can't Space Travel very well? This one Eredar managed to follow the Exodar, tracking Velen for Kil'Jaeden... I don't know.

It's more a plot device than a lore-accurate thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    It take too long to even do so. Hundreds and hundreds of years. Much quicker to invade via portals and such. By the time Sargeras could reach(Wherever Azeroth is in the cosmos) well Azeroth would look very very different and all of the characters we know will have long been dead. That and he would rather not let the Old Gods/forces of the Void overtake Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    he's too far away from the planet and doesnt know azeroths exact location if im not mistaken, it would take ages to come here, he needs a portal.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Apparently, big-ish demons like Archimonde (formely, since Gul'dan summoned him with his right arm alone), Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras require extensive summons to materialize from the Twisting Nether.

Key point: They are not on the reality. They are on the Twisting Nether. I have no idea how the transition from Material Being (he was a Titan) --> Twisting Nether being (he resides there now) happens, but he's there now.

One could probably ask: Why not summon in in the nearest planet and then travel by space to Azeroth? Well, I can bullshitsprout some reasons too:
    - The summoning requires artifacts of power, and Azeroth has the stuff, while there's nothing near this planet with enough power to summon the devils.
    - Maybe demons can't Space Travel very well? This one Eredar managed to follow the Exodar, tracking Velen for Kil'Jaeden... I don't know.

It's more a plot device than a lore-accurate thing imo.
    Sargeras is not stuck in the Nether... Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras aren't even remotely the same dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    he's too far away from the planet and doesnt know azeroths exact location if im not mistaken, it would take ages to come here, he needs a portal.
    Pretty sure they know the location now that they've sent their space armada to it.

Never understood this either. He's had 10,000 years to get into his space pimp-mobile and drive here.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Because hes like all the players who will rather spend 10 mins begging for summons than just 5 mins to to get there themselves.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Sargeras is not stuck in the Nether... Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras aren't even remotely the same dude.
    Realistically, we only know that he's "out there". And they are similar (did you even read my post? Never said they are the same): Need a portal to come to Azeroth. Sargeras' portal used the Well of Eternity as a conduit, Kil'Jaeden's portal used the Sunwell as a conduit.

he only had 10 000 years and now he's late so is grabbing a taxi

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was because he's scared of the titan world soul waking up and kicking his ass.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Can someone explain this to me?

I have read wiki but can't remember it explaining anything besides that it's location is unknown?
    But there are already a lot of Sargeras allies on Azeroth who could easily pinpoint the location of Azeroth and communicate it to Sargeras.
    I haven't read chronicles/comics etc so maybe it was explained there?
    kind of a two fold reason on this one with what we know now. initially it was because he was basically on the other end of the universe. even in all his power it would take forever for him to just travel to Azeroth (hence the repeated attempts at portals)

currently it's grown even more complicated as it's unknown if Sarg even has access to his titanic form anymore with some sources seeming to say he's gone missing from the physical universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure they know the location now that they've sent their space armada to it.
    it isnt a space armada. They were also summoned/teleported there. They didnt "travel" like our space ships. Those are dimensional ships. if you stand them on their rear, they look exactly like the portal buildings. its basicly a giant floating dimensional ship that teleports demons onto the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's super far away.

Wasn't he cast in to the Twisting Nether at the end of the War of the Ancients, when the portal collapsed on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyfish View Post
    kind of a two fold reason on this one with what we know now. initially it was because he was basically on the other end of the universe. even in all his power it would take forever for him to just travel to Azeroth (hence the repeated attempts at portals)

currently it's grown even more complicated as it's unknown if Sarg even has access to his titanic form anymore with some sources seeming to say he's gone missing from the physical universe.
    Yeah his physical body was destroyed and I believe because of his power it takes a very long time for him to grow a new one so he instead has been possessing others like Medivh.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Wasn't he cast in to the Twisting Nether at the end of the War of the Ancients, when the portal collapsed on him?
    Yes, he was. Being ripped back into the Nether and being stuck there (implying he can't get out of it) are different things, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah his physical body was destroyed
    No longer true after Chronicle and Legion release.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

First off, there arent SPACE TRAVELS, Exodar and the burning legion ships do DIMENSIONAL TRAVELS. I already saw on wowpedia that they dont milenium falcon to planets.
    Second, it would take alot of time to manually go here. Then u say ''man it has been 10000 years since the war o the acients, we woud have arived already'', but would he? Goinmanually could be 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 years. We dont know. All we know is that he needs a portal, and a big one.
    What u should be asking is: How the hell he fought Aegwyn in the past? How did he got here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    Never understood this either. He's had 10,000 years to get into his space pimp-mobile and drive here.
    The Burning Legion doesn't have FTL spaceships.

Dimensional ships. Or they are being summoned too. The three at Broken Shore appear only after Vizuul finishes the spell he's been channeling into air. Or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.