Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Personal loot. Getting people to research fights/look over logs is hard enough without trying to enforce them to do some arbitrary BiS list that will be made redundant by titanforged procs

Loot council. It's the best system and ensures the loot gets to whoever will make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky2910 View Post
    Guilds who use personal loot, please explain me if 3 items drop and all 3 people dont need their items how do you distribute loot than? All 3 people want to give the loot to other people and all 3 start talking in Voice, i see much chaos there. Who do you handle this scenario?
    We used PL in normal / hc and masterloot in mythic. With PL a person links an item they don't want and interested people roll for it, then next one, then next etc. Only problem are people who are slowpokes on rolling, for example I handed gloves to a dps warrior who rolled, then I asked "noone else?" waited like 15 sec and traded away and then the second warrior rolls higher... Well it was too late.

You could handle this in whispers as well maybe, like interested people whisper the owned of the item and then decide?

Personal loot. If someone doesn't need an item, they call it out in raid chat and those that want it roll for it.

Simple, effective, very little time wasted and no loot drama thus far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    Personal loot. If someone doesn't need an item, they call it out in raid chat and those that want it roll for it.

Simple, effective, very little time wasted and no loot drama thus far.
    And what if 3 people dont need the item and all call it out at same time?

The fact that with personal loot some could have bad luck and dont get an item for long time but a new player have luck and gets an item at his first raid disqualify the personal loot i think. Also you cant force someone to handle the loot out and if he dont need the loot but havent better ilvl he cant trade it so the loot is lost.

I dont like personal loot also because it dont have the old flavor of beeing a unit in the raid, be a guild. I believe in old values such beeing a guild and doing things together, ID look for guild and having a loot distirubtion that makes the raid stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    If you're casual then just do personal loot. If someone doesn't need an item that drops, and multiple people need it, get them to /roll on it? Not really seeing the issue here. What's so 'unfair' about personal loot exactly?
    PL and /roll is very unfair, because it relies on RNG and therefore could theoretically give someone 5+ items while someone else of the same class gets nothing, all in the same run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    I actually was about to make a post about this, but may as well ask/rant/bitch here.
    So. My guild is using RCLootcouncil. I am Raidleader (and therefore part of the Lootcouncil) in this guild and we´re doing fairly well. Its a new guild, so we ofc have some problems, but every time we kill a boss and loot is being distributed, I really really want to punch my fellow Lootcouncil.
    Our guild leader is the one who actually distributes the loot, while we vote on who gets items. But, he really doesnt have a clue on who should get items. Last night w had a 870 ring drop, and he wanted to give it to a member with 895/870 rings because "it has more haste"...
    Maybe I´m in the wrong here, but shouldnt we give items like this to ppl with e.g. 840 rings? Some ppl just arent lucky in m+ and dont already have all 860+ items. The same for items one of our Lootcouncil needs. Had two 850 chests drop in our first normal run, both went to LC Members who had 845 and 840, while our resto druid with his 810 chest got nothing...
    This leads to differences in iLevel up to 20 between our raiders... and a lot of complaints. Even the ppl getting loot are starting to complain.
    I tried to talk to them, but they wont listen (we actually discussed this "Problem" multiple times, but nothing changes). I am not really sure what I want to hear from you guys, guess I just need to let some steam off...
    ^^ Perfect example of a corrupt guild/LC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

^^ Perfect example of a corrupt guild/LC.
    Nope. Perfect example of people not understanding that itemlevel on jewelry tells you absolutely nothing about ist usefulness. The difference between a 830 blue ring/neck and 860 epic one will only be about ~100 stats. It matters much more, how useful theses stats are for any given class.

Anything but loot council. I always preferred some points system, DKP or something. The best system I've used, was something where when you get an item, you immediately fall to the bottom of the priority list. If you want something else and no one above you wants it, you can get more items. This works, since you build your way up to the top, if you are holding out for a particular item. But, it doesn't ultra reward you for being there for 6 months, never taking an item, then taking all the items cuz your points are so high. I can't remember what it was called, but that worked the best. Loot council absolute worse by a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Nope. Perfect example of people not understanding that itemlevel on jewelry tells you absolutely nothing about ist usefulness. The difference between a 830 blue ring/neck and 860 epic one will only be about ~100 stats. It matters much more, how useful theses stats are for any given class.
    Yeah, I'd agree here. Didn't sound like a corrupt LC in that instance. Someone with very optimized 830 wouldn't "want" a 860 with the worst stats. Especially, if that 830 barely gives you a breakout value. Especially on Jewelry, as we don't even get our primary stat on them anymore to "well I guess it sort of could be an update" to kick up the ilevel.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    never taking an item, then taking all the items cuz your points are so high.
    Hows that bad? In the end you still get the same amount of items as those who take items everytime they can, no more and no less.

Deleted
    Loot council all the way, brilliant system when the ground rules are in place and everyone knows the score.

It fits perfectly in with the philosophy under which I run my raid team, as no EPGP/DKP system could work effectively.

A loot council system isn't meant to be a fair, round-robinesc approach to loot in that everyone will get something. It lets you shore up weaknesses, it lets you emphasise strengths, it lets you factor in certain fights and prepare for them by enhancing the gear of those who will play a pivotal role on that fight.

Only downside with a loot council system is the argument always has to be made that with myself distracted with raid leading I'm generally a non-useful recipient of gear. I could push for myself to be awarded more but I decided this in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Hows that bad? In the end you still get the same amount of items as those who take items everytime they can, no more and no less.
    If I am there early and late, every boss kill and get maximum points, never putting in a bid for any items, then one day we get a new tank or healer, I can shit on them and just everything. I mean, that's me being a dick. With decay and some sort of mechanism that says "yes, you are #1 and can have it" but then the next boss fight that is NOT the case, i've felt works best. More like dick prevention.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

EPGP. I am a firm believer that unless you are literally in the world first race, loot distribution should be for social reasons first and optimising the raid second. If player A always performs better than player B, he will continue to out perform player B no matter who gets that trinket.

EPGP also gives a strong incentive for your benched players to remain available (and in the guild). It also means they usually end up top on priority when they get brought to farm, so it works better when everyone is a potential candidate for progress.

And what if 3 people dont need the item and all call it out at same time?
    Then 2 of them will have to wait a minute, no big deal. Still takes much less time than, say, rolling for every single item.

Also you cant force someone to handle the loot out and if he dont need the loot but havent better ilvl he cant trade it so the loot is lost.
    This is a problem, however it occurs rarely enough to not be a major issue IMO. I really hope Blizz reintroduces reforging which would solve this (i.e. the fact that sometimes higher ilevel items aren't upgrades)!

I dont like personal loot also because it dont have the old flavor of beeing a unit in the raid, be a guild. I believe in old values such beeing a guild and doing things together, ID look for guild and having a loot distirubtion that makes the raid stronger.
    That's perfectly fine - AFAIK you can still use Master Looter if 80% of the raid is from the same guild.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Always loot council if your raid's goal is killing bosses. Loot, for us, is nothing more than a tool used to reach that goal and thus we distribute it in whatever way we feel will give us the best chance of downing the encounter we're currently working on. It's not a gold star reward system for performance.

Use whatever system you want if your raid members are more concerned about receiving purples than anything else.

We just switched back to ML with RC Loot Council from PL as last week had roughly 50%-60% of the drops we had not used due to bad stats but weren't able to trade due to higher ilvl.