Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    I literally posted something that solves his problem. Also... when your personal prefernce is main reason of your problem then you should change it or stop whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    It's not the resolution of the picture it's the fact that he has huge icons covering a good portion of his screen. Or do you think that the resolution makes the screen size smaller but leaves the icons the same size so in the screenshot they cover more?
    As horrible and ugly as his UI may be, that's totally besides the point, so your comments offer nothing relevant, insightful, or helpful at all.

His character isn't blocked by his UI. His character is blocked by the stupid spell effects cluttering up everything right now. Standing on a rune of power with cooldowns active, you can't see that tiny volcanic crap appear below your character unless you're just sitting there staring directly at it the whole time.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

The affixes do need a balance pass... some like necrotic require huge changes in strategy along with good timing and utility in your group comp. On the other hand stuff like Sanguine may as well just no exist. Same with overflowing for my resto druid... it does essentially nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    The affixes do need a balance pass... some like necrotic require huge changes in strategy along with good timing and utility in your group comp. On the other hand stuff like Sanguine may as well just no exist. Same with overflowing for my resto druid... it does essentially nothing.
    Yeah, I agree with this.

There is too big of a difference in difficulty between affixes, either tune some of the very hard ones out of line or tune the easy ones up.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=rrjstudio;42803312]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Did EoA +11 with Tyrannical with an average item level of 867, which is easily reachable through only Mythic+ dungeons. The boss starts in execute range for any class that has an execute mechanic, which means 300k+ dps isn't incredibly difficult to sustain. Most groups incorrectly use Heroism on the pull. This pushes the boss from 20-10% very quickly with cooldowns and Heroism. This leaves the group with nothing to push 10%-0%, which is the hardest part of the fight.

We had me fire mage, hunter and a dps monk and a resto druid I think the massive part of the problem was our tank being a monk (was great cheese wise for the first 3 bosses) but the healer could not for the love of god keep us and him alive with 380k hps we actually were using hero around 7-8% and I was blocking any of the aoe slams that should be soaked, we were even double pre potting just couldn't do it.. maybe setup is key
    IF you are on US, this week with necrotic pretty much you want a druid/dk tank. Other class is gonna suck and monk is the worst imo. resto druid will be always the best healer with any affix and pretty much mages, monks and dhs are best dps to bring, rogues are nice too if you just need cleave and not aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    As horrible and ugly as his UI may be, that's totally besides the point, so your comments offer nothing relevant, insightful, or helpful at all.

His character isn't blocked by his UI. His character is blocked by the stupid spell effects cluttering up everything right now. Standing on a rune of power with cooldowns active, you can't see that tiny volcanic crap appear below your character unless you're just sitting there staring directly at it the whole time.
    It essentially is though, his second pictures look slightly better but that's because he hasn't potted and doesn't have the two buffs or debuffs, what ever are to the right of combustion in the first picture, those come far, far too close to covering the character. There are spell effects that would literally be half hidden behind weak auras that are to close to his character, anyone with a UI as clusterfucky as that and complains about not being able to see something should be told that their UI is probably half the problem.

brutalised

OT: Yeah, its fucking dumb tbh. First week EU had Teeming, it was like a non existent change. Second week raging. Holy fuck. Third week Bolstering.

Each week seems to double in difficulty without even changing the actual level. And its not like say, one is just harder or easier with a certain group, because all of them seem to be entirely tank damage related and nothing else.

Bolstering - Tanks job
    Raging - Tanks job
    Teeming - Tanks job

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    brutalised

OT: Yeah, its fucking dumb tbh. First week EU had Teeming, it was like a non existent change. Second week raging. Holy fuck. Third week Bolstering.

Each week seems to double in difficulty without even changing the actual level. And its not like say, one is just harder or easier with a certain group, because all of them seem to be entirely tank damage related and nothing else.

Bolstering - Tanks job
    Raging - Tanks job
    Teeming - Tanks job
    Bolstering and raging are things the tank needs to be aware off, but handling them properly is imho mostly a DPS thing.

Raging: Dont mindlessly aoe, but put a prio on important targets and ST them instead of having a full grp of mobs go raging at the same time.
    Bolstering: Don't mindlessly aoe, but keep all targets at around the same HP before killing them, so if you have a pack with lets say a 10 million, 16 million and a 20 HP million mob, first bring them all to +- the same HP amount, then aoe or cleave them.

Atleast thats how we handled them, there might be better ways though.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Bolstering and raging are things the tank needs to be aware off, but handling them properly is imho mostly a DPS thing.

Raging: Dont mindlessly aoe, but put a prio on important targets and ST them instead of having a full grp of mobs go raging at the same time.
    Bolstering: Don't mindlessly aoe, but keep all targets at around the same HP before killing them, so if you have a pack with lets say a 10 million, 16 million and a 20 HP million mob, first bring them all to +- the same HP amount, then aoe or cleave them.

I mean in terms of who it effects most. A dps will be effected on some packs, the tank will be effected on EVERY pack.

Tanks get hammered into the dirt because that DH cba'd to not press throw glaive and instead just use chaos strike until all mobs are equal HP.

With your link I looked in to your wipe on Wrath of Azhara it looks like you pugged the healer and tank, maybe they're your friends, whatever.
    Problem 1, the monk tank is offspec
    Problem 2, the resto druid is possibly offspec, but if not he is at best, just bad. For my personal preference (as a resto druid) he's using the wrong talents but he also did no damage to the boss, he could've precast a wrath and put both dots up on just one attempt and done more damage than he actually did for all of your attempts put together. His up time on Rejuvenation's and Lifebloom on the tank are bad considering the tank dieing is the problem every attempt and so on.

I didn't look in to the dps of the group but basically your complaint about stuff being unbalanced isn't compelling, your group was just not good enough and that's fine because the content is supposed to be difficult. Killing the first mythic boss in a relatively easy raid doesn't entitle you to be able to go and smash through any mythic+ you want because "it's 5man content lul". You failed because your tank was offspec and probably shit, your healer was shit and I'm going out on a limb and saying your dps was mediocre.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the affixes aren't that bad, but compared to others they do need a balancing pass.

Bolstering REALLY isn't as bad as people think, aside from a few problematic non-elite mobs in a few of the instances, it's mostly fine. It's simply a check of bringing everything down evenly, and killing it at roughly the same time. Generally, aside from some mobs that have more health, this will happen naturally anyway as long as your DPS aren't mindlessly tunneling a single target the entire time.

Necrotic is absolutely cancerous, but perhaps I'm biased because I play a blood DK. I generally don't have an issue with how it stacks or that it encourages kiting, my problems mainly lie with the dot it places on you. It already punishes DKs pretty hard, the fact it 100% is going to rip our active mitigation to pieces on a measly dot is pretty infuriating. That's the norm right now though, so I guess it is what it is. I don't think there is an issue outside of that. Making you weary of composition for clearing it is intended and does change it up. If you're doing high M+ with necrotic in mind, is it really too much to ask to bring a DPS that is capable of taunting to help clear stacks? I don't think so.

Raging again is fine mostly. My only gripe with this affix is how it's fairly inconsistent in what mini bosses it actually applies to. The first mini boss in vault of the wardens will rip you to shreds, whereas the stuff in Halls of Valor doesn't get raging at all. Some consistency would be nice, and some balancing in this area would probably be appreciated. Again, raging enforces you to play differently as well. Is 100% too high of a number? Maybe. But it's suppose to deter you from mindless AoE, and it's suppose to deter tanks from face tanking such a pack when they all enrage at the same time. Kite when they approach that threshold, priority target, or mindless AoE but have stuns when they approach that threshold.

Overflowing is a bit unbalanced, but it's actually more balanced at higher M+ where more damage is going out. It favors resto shaman and resto druids a lot, and penalizes holy paladins greatly. The difference between running with a holy paladin and a resto shaman was night and day from my experience with it.

Teeming isn't bad, except when it is bad. The only instance I noticed that was incredibly bad with teeming was Halls of Valor, and I likely would never want to touch that place with teeming ever again at higher M+ levels. Suffice to say I wouldn't want to touch it with these weeks affixes of raging/necrotic either. I think that's more of a problem with Halls of Valor though and not necessarily the affixes.

Sanguine is incredibly easy, it's only annoying in some of the instances where mobs like to sit still and favors people who can move mobs around (DKs, shaman, druids, hunters).

Skittish is whatever. Helps to have rogues and hunters in your party, and it also helps to run a heavy range group. Generally as a DK I don't have problems holding threat aside from DHs who know how to do damage.

Volcanic I haven't tried, but it's likely the range version of sanguine, but likely a bit more worse. Probably favors range who can be more mobile while doing DPS.

Fortified is mostly fine while Tyrannical is pretty hit or miss. For the most part Tyrannical is fine because it actually makes boss fights last around 4 minutes. The only boss I experienced so far with Tyrannical that simply wasn't fun was Xavius. I think in some instances Tyrannical shouldn't be a flat increase and some bosses generally should be tuned individually. At higher M+, unless you have a really geared group, you sort of have to hope that he picks the right people with nightmare bolt or that he continually picks the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post

people figured this out easily, its the fact, that compared to teeming and sanguine, it forces you to slow down and/or clear alot less efficiently than the other two, which is frustrating, when youre running against the clock. teeming, while on some packs provides significant threat boost (eye, BRH, nelths from what i have seen), doesnt really slow down clear speed and sanguine is a joke compared to the rest. It really is a question which one of these 4 is the balanced one and then adjust the rest, hopefully teeming will be the balance point and raging/bolstering are slighlty toned down (at 25% and 15/15%) as they are just frustrating to deal with, while sanguine gets a serious buff/rework

I agree, once you get 9+ getting the easy instance for that week really matters. Get a shitty one and you're fucked. Idm that with certain affixed some are easier or harder. But The difference now is huge.

Overflowing as holy paladin - impossible.
    Overflowing as druid/shaman/monk - like having no affix.

There won't ever be perfect balance, someone will always get cucked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    With your link I looked in to your wipe on Wrath of Azhara it looks like you pugged the healer and tank, maybe they're your friends, whatever.
    Problem 1, the monk tank is offspec
    Problem 2, the resto druid is possibly offspec, but if not he is at best, just bad. For my personal preference (as a resto druid) he's using the wrong talents but he also did no damage to the boss, he could've precast a wrath and put both dots up on just one attempt and done more damage than he actually did for all of your attempts put together. His up time on Rejuvenation's and Lifebloom on the tank are bad considering the tank dieing is the problem every attempt and so on.

I didn't look in to the dps of the group but basically your complaint about stuff being unbalanced isn't compelling, your group was just not good enough and that's fine because the content is supposed to be difficult. Killing the first mythic boss in a relatively easy raid doesn't entitle you to be able to go and smash through any mythic+ you want because "it's 5man content lul". You failed because your tank was offspec and probably shit, your healer was shit and I'm going out on a limb and saying your dps was mediocre.
    I think you should go learn to read logs buddy and understand them, that way you would understand there bugged for that record. Also all who mentioned logs still haven't got a clue why they where posted to show off kills you think? What haha .. It's to show percentiles to prove I can play my class which just shrug off any get gud comments
    Last edited by mmoc0e3e295a69; 2016-10-15 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    I think you should go learn to read logs buddy and understand them, that way you would understand there bugged for that record. Also all who mentioned logs still haven't got a clue why they where posted to show off kills you think? What haha .. It's to show percentiles to prove I can play my class which just shrug off any get gud comments
    Shouldnt really be flaming people that are trying to help you because you got 3 orange ilvl ranks across 15 bosses and 40+ kills on WCL though tbh.. Colour me impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Necrotic is absolutely cancerous, but perhaps I'm biased because I play a blood DK.
    You do realize you can use AMS to prevent new stacks of Necrotic from being applied. Unless the mob is hitting you with magic damage, it will clear your stacks entirely.

It's also applied on hit, so DRW will usually give you enough parry for another stack clear.

That said, Raging/Necrotic week has really made M+ a whole hell of a lot less fun. Honestly I think it's more an issue with the dungeon design than the affixes. Certain dungeons are pretty much guaranteed fail past 7, like BRH. Others are still laughably easy, like Nelth Lair (which is really undertuned in general).
    Last edited by Farabee; 2016-10-17 at 06:58 AM.

I will admit, Tyrannical 10+ shade of xavius casting Feed on the Weak for almost 1 million damage a second for 5 seconds over and over is just crazy.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    the only boss i find it impossible as Tyrannicall 10+ is court of stars last boss

we spend like 2 hours trying everything, its just not possible with this gear, like he is tighter than ursoc

Dude...it's Mythic + for a reason. It's MEANT TO BE HARD. IT'S MEANT TO KEEP GOING HIGHER UNTIL IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! All 10s have been done within time limit. It's meant for those super hardcore players that can do that content and want an extreme challenge...they are doable. Second of all, they will be a joke at higher ilvls.

Deleted
    No, not really.

With time passing these dungeons get progressively easyier (with the rising ilvl and such).
    I am not denying the difficulty spike some of the combinations provide; which they do without a doubt, BUT wasn't this exactly the point of the whole system?

As is anything beyond level 10 can be considered "cutting edge", as the rewards will not increase beyond it anyway.
    And as such you really shouldn't complain on how much harder it is for you.