Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    There'll be spearfishing in SB so that'll probably take a lot of the quest focus. Curious how that will work since you can't exactly mooch with a spear. "Stab a small HQ fish, then stab a larger HQ fish..."
    "If you manage to impale a HQ fish, it becomes a fish-ka-bob you can use to mooch for and impale an even larger fish!"

My checklist for Stormblood is pretty short.

1) Complete story - Done!

2) Get WHM to 60

3) Get FSH to 60

4) Farm up gil.

Unsure what else to add to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Maybe they'll change it to "chum" and you'll be glad you have a spear?
    There's already a Chum ability.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the launch wont be as bad as Wow was its my first time seeing a new expac launch and Wow launch has left a bad taste in my mouth other than that I look foreward to leveling my DRK main and alt SAM/DRG and wondering what lore and story they will drop on us

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    I just hope the launch wont be as bad as Wow was its my first time seeing a new expac launch and Wow launch has left a bad taste in my mouth other than that I look foreward to leveling my DRK main and alt SAM/DRG and wondering what lore and story they will drop on us
    Heavensward launch 2 years ago was buttery smooth...but I was also on a lower population server at the time (Goblin). That being said, usually when one particular server in a datacenter is having issues, all servers in said datacenter have issues, and considering that my old server is in the same datacenter as my current one, Balmung, along with Gilgamesh (the two most populated NA servers by far), I'm thinking things should be ok.

Furthermore, they are moving the NA datacenters next week to an upgraded datacenter, so hopefully that goes a ways to prevent any sort of major issues...but only time will tell.

If you'll be playing on JP or EU datacenters, you can kinda take my anecdote with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Heavensward launch 2 years ago was buttery smooth...but I was also on a lower population server at the time (Goblin). That being said, usually when one particular server in a datacenter is having issues, all servers in said datacenter have issues, and considering that my old server is in the same datacenter as my current one, Balmung, along with Gilgamesh (the two most populated NA servers by far), I'm thinking things should be ok.

Furthermore, they are moving the NA datacenters next week to an upgraded datacenter, so hopefully that goes a ways to prevent any sort of major issues...but only time will tell.

If you'll be playing on JP or EU datacenters, you can kinda take my anecdote with a grain of salt.
    oh wow I forgot about that. I was thinking of resubbing this weekend for a month only but will probably wait.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    What launch are you referring to as bad? Legion was the best expansion launch I've ever seen Blizz do. It literally went without a single issue for me or anyone I know. (IIRC 7.1 was a complete cluster fuck though, laughably bad).

If you're referring to something from years ago, then that's hardly relevant these days.

I also recall having no issues with HW launch. Very smooth.

I got the early access from pre-ordering so I was playing on Friday before launch day on Gilgamesh and it was buttery smooth for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I got the early access from pre-ordering so I was playing on Friday before launch day on Gilgamesh and it was buttery smooth for me too.
    I just remember having a few issues getting logged in on launch day (disconnects, unable to connect to the server, launcher authentication bugs)...like minutes after it launched. But was easily able to get logged in within ~1 hour and didn't see any issues after that. So yeah, super smooth as far as MMO launches go.

Ok, so it wasn't simply a factor of having been on a lower pop server that made HW a smooth launch experience. That's good to hear.

Yoshida decided to post a few screenshots of some new tank abilities. No idea what exactly is going on with the WAR and DRK, but that PLD animation though...we Link now? Pretty much wouldn't care what it looks like, so long as it's spammable AoE damage for PLD.

Warrior is super saiyan now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok so got nothing to worry about launch phew.

Almost looks like the DRK is doing a full frontal spin dark passenger lite?, tough the PLD seems to get an AOE thats nice to have
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2017-05-10 at 08:18 PM.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what exactly the DRK move is supposed to be. A front conal attack makes little sense, seeing that they have Dark Passenger already.

WAR ability looks similar to the graphic for Infuriate, only it's on crack and steroids simultaneously.

While the WAR one looks the coolest from the screenshot, the PLD ability is the one that is most exciting, if it turns out to be a spammable AoE attack that does damage. Our luck it's Circle of Scorn 2.0.

39 days to go and Yoshi p is saying they are almost done with raid testing and getting ready for the press tour.

IT BEGINS

The next Live Letter is their last big opportunity to really wow people and sell them on Stormblood, so hopefully some portion of that press tour makes it's way into the LL along with the combat/class/job changes.

Deleted
    When is the press tour? And I really hope they reveal info on anima armor grind.. is it the weapon grind for each armor piece? Or is it the armor grind for a full set, as in quest completes a full set... Cos if each and every piece, its retarded xd

E3 is the week before launch. Didn't realize they're basically right next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    E3 is the week before launch. Didn't realize they're basically right next to each other.
    You can follow up disappointment and cringe with a fantasy weeb vacation adventure!

Deleted
    Bit late to get said info when Im considering to pick up the game again, but 1 week is not enough to do all the dumb shit you have to do to get to the endgame.

15+ Year Old Account