Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Aye, but that's not the typical case with those who are typically "power gamers" (though that phrase is fairly new to me) in such discussions. I think that's why the negative perception comes in. Most don't suggest the broader view ideas.

I'd wager most haven't thought about a full "dream MMO" with the intricacies and headaches of designs and systems interacting and balancing with each other either, though.
    What can I say, sometimes I just have ideas floating around in my head. I like to chat here when works slow and I'm not WFH to pass the time. It may or may not be obvious I'm not challenged at work :-\.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Squadron is basically a glorified retainer ventures as well, but I think it's the groundwork for their plans to expand on it. Hopefully more along what you're thinking since they've teased the FFXII gambit system being evaluated as part of the idea.

Like I said, I didn't meant to be laying it on you as the culprit, but more of why people may typically have a certain perception of power gamers based on the initial comment with danny.

I've got a bit of the same after... hell, I think at LEAST 12 months of debate and arguments with them on the WoW forums in the 7 official Appearance Tab thread debates. Still kinda crazy how adamantly opposed people were to that feature being suggested and requested for WoW.
    Yeah, I just want people to judge me based on content. It's annoying when someone says you just want FF14 to be WoW instead of actually refuting or discussing my ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    10 days is too long for me. I plan to get it up in 1 day Although....I really have doubts of being able to grind in potd for 11 hours straight...afking in fates is much easier, which is what I did to lv drk to 50.
    Not sure it will be the same once Stormblood releases, but FATEs are completely barren now. So unless something changes there's no way to level with them efficiently by doing them, so there's no way in hell AFK'ing through them will be an option.

Deleted
    I know I've asked about PoTD but, doing 10floors = 1 real level almost, at higher difficulties? It feels so weird. Don't 10 levels take quite some time? I do guess if you just group up, it goes faster though.. If my goal is just to level, get Kinna weapons and V materia. Does it matter if I reset floors 1-20? Or must I go higher and higher.

As a TANK, are dungeons really faster? So much conflicting info on reddit. Even though I guess regardless of faster or not, PoTD Giving your fresh 60 a 255 weapon, alongside with V materias, its going to be better regardless.
    Last edited by mmoc96f3bf9e48; 2017-05-18 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    I know I've asked about PoTD but, doing 10floors = 1 real level almost, at higher difficulties? It feels so weird. Don't 10 levels take quite some time? I do guess if you just group up, it goes faster though.. If my goal is just to level, get Kinna weapons and V materia. Does it matter if I reset floors 1-20? Or must I go higher and higher.

As a TANK, are dungeons really faster? So much conflicting info on reddit. Even though I guess regardless of faster or not, PoTD Giving your fresh 60 a 255 weapon, alongside with V materias, its going to be better regardless.
    Don't run POTD solo unless your trying for the challenge. Just join random matched. It takes 15-20 minutes on average to run the 10 floors with a full group. As you get higher level, yes it will slow down. Also, i think the higher floors give more xp. But i'm not 100% sure on that. If anything, I'd recommend clearing up to 50, then doing 51-50 over and over again. Once you do them once, you can choose to reset and start at 51 instead of 1.

I would say always run your leveling roulette. After that, i'm not sure if the tank q times makes dungeon running better then potd. I will say, while a bit boring, potd is easier. So if you just want to mindlessly grind levels while watching netflix or something, thats the way to go. Not that dungeons are that hard, they just take a little more focus.

Deleted
    51-50? I assume you mean 41-50? That's what most seem to suggest one should do. I also gotta get 90/90 for the big weapon freebies apparently, but I guess its better to get the 30 aetherstack stuff out of the way, to increase success chance or something. Not sure I understood all the mechanics. Final question; Can I say, level my Warrior who is higher level, whilst playing a Summoner inside the PoTD? Does the same class inside PoTD gain the XP outside of PoTD? Or is it what you queue as. You can queue as an Archer in the world, but play a White Mage inside PoTD and the Archer gets the XP, cos you queued as an Archer?

And thank you kindly for the information and advice

51-60 is what they meant. When you reset you go back to level 1 or level 51. You can't reset specifically to level 20/30/40, only 1 or 51. And you have to play what you queue as, otherwise the queue won't let you join. The only place you can do that is in PvP where it gives you a short amount of time to changes jobs before the fighting starts.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-05-18 at 03:34 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

- - - Updated - - -

51-50? I assume you mean 41-50? That's what most seem to suggest one should do. I also gotta get 90/90 for the big weapon freebies apparently, but I guess its better to get the 30 aetherstack stuff out of the way, to increase success chance or something. Not sure I understood all the mechanics. Final question; Can I say, level my Warrior who is higher level, whilst playing a Summoner inside the PoTD? Does the same class inside PoTD gain the XP outside of PoTD? Or is it what you queue as. You can queue as an Archer in the world, but play a White Mage inside PoTD and the Archer gets the XP, cos you queued as an Archer?

- Higher floors give more xp, but not to where 1 set of floors = 1 level; even if you were able to spam run, say, 91-100, you'd still need 4ish runs to gain a full level.
    - Floors 51-60 are the current choice for speed running for xp; to cap your stats in there, I believe it's 60/60; any points over that won't really apply.
    - The same class inside PotD is the one you'll gain xp on outside of it. Run it as the job you want to level.

There's a checkpoint after finishing floor 50 so you can start right at floor 51. The xp for that set of 10 is better than 1-10 and you can just keep starting over.

Doing floor 41 to 50 requires going through 1 to 40 first each time.

Here's a ling to a guide on reddit that does a decent job going over all of the mechanics and things to understand for PotD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...hing_you_ever/

One thing to keep in mind, there are only 2 starting points for a party once you reset the progress, floor 1 and floor 51 once you clear floor 50. So you can't spam just floors 11-20, or say 81-90 you can only "spam" floors 1-10 and 51-60, which is why floors 51-60 are spammed. Once you've gone from 1-100 and done a reset a few times you'll understand it better. I didn't know wtf was going on either until I just ran it and tried it myself and it's really pretty simple.

I enjoy it, personally, and am leveling an alt character using PotD for the "sub classes" for Summoner (Thaumaturge and Archer) to get the cross class skills. I'm only leveling the alt to experience the MSQ again, since it's been 2+ years since I've seen it.

Deleted
    Thank you kindly for all the information. I guess leveling a fresh char is super chill in there then, semi explains why fates are dead. Farming Materia V and XP at the same time as you get a freebie semi high weapon at end game is always a kinky bonus. I'm guessing raiders will likely have better substitutes, but me coming into the game fresh, its going to be nice. I hated fate grinding to get B4B and Provoke/Awareness and bladibla. Dungeons I didn't mind but it really wasnt that fun...

I did like the digest they released today, making the new Materia in SB very easy to obtain, its very good.

Im mostly going to focus on fixing classes I want to play right now and clearing the entire MSQ on my Warrior to be SB ready. Its level 29 right now and there's plenty of time if I get my nerd on.

All I've got to do now is find a good/decent FC on Cerberus that I can be social and pleb around in...How hard can that be!

Added the videos for Revolutions (Stormblood theme song) and the new actions vid from today's Live Letter.

Bit of spoilers in the Revolutions video, so avoid it if you haven't completed all of the MSQ up through 3.56.

Speaking of Live Letter, fairly decent write up here.

My general hype level went from 7-8ish out of 10 to 11 as of today...the jump potion announcement being completely overshadowed by all the new job actions, UI changes, stat revamp (bye parry and accuracy, hello versatility and multistr...er I mean Tenacity and Direct Hit), among other changes (2 Fast 2 Furious mount speed, lol).
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-05-22 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Added the videos for Revolutions (Stormblood theme song) and the new actions vid from today's Live Letter.

Bit of spoilers in the Revolutions video, so avoid it if you haven't completed all of the MSQ up through 3.56.

Speaking of Live Letter, fairly decent write up here.

My general hype level went from 7-8ish out of 10 to 11 as of today...the jump potion announcement being completely overshadowed by all the new job actions, UI changes, stat revamp (bye parry and accuracy, hello versatility and multistr...er I mean Tenacity and Direct Hit), among other changes (2 Fast 2 Furious mount speed, lol).
    Jump potion seems like a quick fix from the players perspective. Because we all know 15+ jobs in there will come a point they will all go "im sick of dungeons and dep dungeon 2, im just gooing to level through the HW quests on this job" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Jump potion seems like a quick fix from the players perspective. Because we all know 15+ jobs in there will come a point they will all go "im sick of dungeons and dep dungeon 2, im just gooing to level through the HW quests on this job" anyway.
    Definitely a quick fix; heck, with it only being a whopping $7 more, I can see a fair amount of people who are fed up with the 2.1-2.55 slog simply going "fuck it" and skip all of that along with all of HW.

Great for someone wanting an alt, too, I suppose.

Cleric stance is now baseline and the skill is just replaced with a 5% damage buff

yuuuusss no more annoying stance dancing
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Cleric stance is now baseline and the skill is just replaced with a 5% damage buff

yuuuusss no more annoying stance dancing
    Not exactly. Cleric Stance is now a short duration dps buff and healer dps actions now scale from mnd instead of int. Cleric stance didnt just swap your mnd and int it also gave you a 10% damage buff and reduced healing by 20%. You're right to cheer about no more stance dancing but keep in mind healer dps is basically reduced by 10% barring however much is made up by the new Cleric Stance dps cooldown... which you may or may not even want to take depending on the skills in the shared role action pool, which judging by the icons, some of which will be highly desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Not exactly. Cleric Stance is now a short duration dps buff and healer dps actions now scale from mnd instead of int. Cleric stance didnt just swap your mnd and int it also gave you a 10% damage buff and reduced healing by 20%. You're right to cheer about no more stance dancing but keep in mind healer dps is basically reduced by 10% barring however much is made up by the new Cleric Stance dps cooldown... which you may or may not even want to take depending on the skills in the shared role action pool, which judging by the icons, some of which will be highly desirable.
    That's what I said, it's replaced with a 5% damage buff. And you do know the level cap is going up right? There is no "healers lost 10% damage" everything is being reworked.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's what I said, it's replaced with a 5% damage buff. And you do know the level cap is going up right? There is no "healers lost 10% damage" everything is being reworked.
    We got no info regarding anything about a reworking of healer dps potency. Just trying to be realistic. Don't be surprised if healers are doing 10% less dps at *60* at the beginning of 4.0 than they are right now. We can't say anything about dps at 70 because we have no way to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    We got no info regarding anything about a reworking of healer dps potency. Just trying to be realistic. Don't be surprised if healers are doing 10% less dps at *60* at the beginning of 4.0 than they are right now. We can't say anything about dps at 70 because we have no way to compare.
    We know that the dmg formula is changing. We don't know for sure that the MND to dmg ratio will be the same as INT to dmg was before. No way of knowing in any direction.

At least there should be some potency gain from dots being full strength all the time.

I'm thinking that if a healer slots CS as one of their role-specfic (formerly cross class) skills, using that on cd will essentially even things out vs. the current model, where it's a 10% damage increase (on top of flipping MND and INT stats).

Combine this change with the fact that accuracy (as a stat on gear) is going away...the door has been kicked wide open for allowing healers to contribute meaningful dps. Whether they choose to or not remains another story. I primarily play WHM when I heal, so know good and well I am going to put Holy, Aero 3, and Assize to good use.