Front Page Bonus Roll Comment

Right now the bonus roll system can't give you anything other than gold when you don't win something.

Has this always been the case? If so I had never noticed, or did Blizzard just admit to letting thousands of people piss away thousands of gold on tokens to use when they didn't get loot only to get gold again?

It's been that way since it was implemented. You either get loot or you get a small sum of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Right now the bonus roll system can't give you anything other than gold when you don't win something.

Has this always been the case? If so I had never noticed, or did Blizzard just admit to letting thousands of people piss away thousands of gold on tokens to use when they didn't get loot only to get gold again?
    Its worded weird. He's saying if the Bonus Roll doesn't roll a piece of gear its automatically substituted with gold as a parting gift.. An they feel it should reward other worthwhile things like Ap and such.

15+ Year Old Account

I try and use Order Resources or like last expansion Apexis Crystals so I was rarely paying with gold. Don't you see people who use Bonus Rolls go "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD again."?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

All he's saying is: "We know the piddling amount of gold you get for a failed bonus roll has just been salt in the wound since MoP...but we didn't bother to code it to do anything else."

Deleted
    As @darklogrus said, its worded weird.
    If you don't get gear you get gold but you can get gear.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-14 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Did you read it wrong, or am I reading your post wrong?

They basically said that the bonus roll will only give you gold, if you don't win a piece of gear from it. It was in connection with a question of people asking if we could get anything else than gold, when we don't get anything from the bonus roll.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    All he's saying is: "We know the piddling amount of gold you get for a failed bonus roll has just been salt in the wound since MoP...but we didn't bother to code it to do anything else."
    I think the worst part is how far apart the coin cost and the consolation prize are. I mean, if you get one of your coins with gold, it's gonna be 1k at a minimum, but the bonus roll is 30 g. Even in WoD, when it was 300-500 gold per coin, it felt like you literally wasted a good chunk of gold.

I don't know why they moved away from the system they had in MoP, which was "do patch specific outdoor content for your 3 weekly coins", and get them relatively easily for mogs and mounts once that patch ended.

Pricing a bonus roll at a few hundred to a few thousand gold only underlines how shitty it is to get gold for it. Even with AP, I don't think it would be meaningful enough to be worth it, since it will probably be the equivalent of a boss drop AP token.

I mean, it's a fine idea, but I think the real problem here is the pricing of the coin. You don't have as many alternatives as you did in WoD, so I'm pretty sure a lot of classes who can't research it in their hall buy their third coin with gold in order to avoid the OR grind.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2016-10-15 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted

If you think this means "you can only win bonus loot if you get actual loot from the boss" this is not what they mean.

It means the system can only give you gold (or loot) as it stands, not AP items, consumables etc etc

Deleted
    No issues with it giving small amount of gold, if only it didn't cost 1k gold to purchase in the first place.
    Yes I know it's not alot, and theirs other ways of getting them , be it the resources, class hall peek or the raid quest bonus that gives a seal.
    If anything they should bring the gold in line to at least half the cost
    Ideal world, pay with gold get half back, pay with resources get half back