wow stuttering on high end graphic card

wow is stuttering while i play wow with high end graphics card and the game seems to be stuttering while my fps is 90+. When i play overwatch on ultra the game runs very smoothly and i never get any fps drops. i will put my PC info below:

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    CPU SPEED : 3.5 GHz
    ram: 8.0 GB

the only thing "can i run it" did not recommend was the fact that i have windows 8.1 so that might be it?

Deleted
    My first advice would also be that you turn on Vsync.

The choppyness could also come from loading times for models and textures, do you have your WoW folder on a ssd?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by irongear View Post
    wow is stuttering while i play wow with high end graphics card and the game seems to be stuttering while my fps is 90+. When i play overwatch on ultra the game runs very smoothly and i never get any fps drops. i will put my PC info below:

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    CPU SPEED : 3.5 GHz
    ram: 8.0 GB

the only thing "can i run it" did not recommend was the fact that i have windows 8.1 so that might be it?
    Have you tried it without addons? it sounds stupid but some addons (whether from a bug or they just work that way) can severely impact your fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My first thought as well. And then I wondered when a 1060 became high end...
    I mean it's stronger then your precious 980

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    I mean it's stronger then your precious 980
    By that logic a 750Ti also is a high end card.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the OP was looking for a hardware jerking off contest when he is looking for help because of something he said.

Whenever my game goes in to the dumps with performance, it's usually ElvUI which is several revisions old. That said, under what circumstances is it being choppy? Sitting in a city? Raiding? Looking at the sky? I'll echo what others have said and say disable addons. If you're using SMAA or a taxing AA combination, disable them. In fact, if the issue persists, turn all your settings to low and work your way up.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I enabled the vertical sync and that seems to have fixed the problem of stuttering but i will continue to play to see if the game starts stuttering again. In the OP i forgot to mention that the loading screen takes a long time to load, is there anyway to fix that?

Thanks for the replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by irongear View Post
    I enabled the vertical sync and that seems to have fixed the problem of stuttering but i will continue to play to see if the game starts stuttering again. In the OP i forgot to mention that the loading screen takes a long time to load, is there anyway to fix that?

Thanks for the replies guys
    Get an SSD and use less add-ons

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk