Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Go tell your friend he's a dick.

/thread.

Too early for what? This thread is pointless.
    Too early because they are setting the same precedent they set with the last two expansions. They drop the first patch too early, then it leads to a long content drought later on. They can't give new patches every 2 months (at least they never have been able to), so the concern is that we will see the same thing as the expansion goes on, longer and longer patch cycles because they aren't spaced properly.

I mean I'll be happy to eat these words if Blizzard can really generate patches more frequently. Praise be. But history has shown we shouldn't hold our breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Don't care about the loot.
    It is completely diffrent instance aka should not happen this early, what is the point you do not get?
    3 bosses or 1 boss it doesn't matter either release everything at once or in due/proper time.
    So we should get only one dungeon pet patch? Nice logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    most mythic guilds didn't even get close to cleaning the nightmare on mythic difficulty
    If by "mythic guild" you mean "a guild that has downed a boss in the mythic version of the raid", then won't that always be true?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

the faster the patches the better. 6 months gaps per patch is too slow and boring.

In WoD, I spent 6 months subbed before I got tired and unsubbed. I'll admit, I spent the first month getting my main through the open-world content, then the next couple of months getting my alts as far as Talador and slightly into Spires of Arak (only one alt ever made it to Nagrand). Then the last three months just cycling through garrisons every hour or two.

For Legion, there's so much content that I DON'T want to do. So much so, I even don't want to do stuff I've done the last two expansions. I don't want to do professions. I don't want to do archaeology. I don't want to do fishing. I don't want to work on my alts.

The stuff I DO want (e.g., working on Pathfinder) are gated behind stuff I NEVER want to do (dungeons/raids and rep-grinding).

Is 7.1 too early? I don't know. It doesn't matter to me. After only two months, I'm taking a few months off until I get the urge to play again. (Note: Yes, I WILL be back. I'm just saying the side-content I usually do every expansion is even less appealing to me than WoD was, because so much of it is gated behind stuff I abhor.)

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    A bit too early yes. Most people haven't cleared EN in their desired difficulty let alone had a chance to farm it for gear.
    But why do you say that? This is a minor patch. Not super crazy big. I think it's perfectly fine. The new raid is only 3 bosses and I think it's mainly just a raid for trinkets anyway. Nighthold is probably coming out January-February so they kinda had to release it this early. I think the only reason for this raid at all is simply because they realized that trinkets in 7.0 are really bad. Many classes BiS is literally the stat stick trinkets from the world bosses. I don't think that they wanted that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    . I don't think that they wanted that.
    I'm pretty sure that they actually said that they wanted that.

I'm pretty sure that they actually said that they wanted that.
    They specifically stated that they wanted BiS trinkets to be item level 860 trinkets that need to upgrade to 895 and are attached to bosses on weekly rotations that we won't see every week and all have different loot tables? I'm pretty sure their intent was for the best raiding trinkets to come from raids but they made all the ones in EN so bad that players who are searching for their BiS list realize they now have to get incredibly lucky whenever their certain world boss is up.

If I remember correctly they didn't say anything about wanting trinkets to be stat sticks. They said they wanted trinkets to be powerful and feel exciting so they wanted to make a lot more trinkets with on use or with cool effects like the one trinket that does damage only when it procs and you take a step. They did say that they wanted to remove some of the frontload in raiding encounters. I'm not sure the two are completely related.

7.1 is jsut the stuff they werent done with making for release, so i dont think its too soon

they probably have it soon cause people are stopping cause they are getting bored

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    7.1 is jsut the stuff they werent done with making for release, so i dont think its too soon

they probably have it soon cause people are stopping cause they are getting bored
    Any evidence to support that ToV and Karazhan were intended for release?

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Kind of.

Shit ton of people still progressing on EN. They said they wanted to avoid the situation of HM and BRF where BRF came out too quickly, but eh.
    yes but trials of valor is still a small raid its not a tier HM and BRF was a non tier jumping to a tier....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grizz92 View Post
    yes but trials of valor is still a small raid its not a tier HM and BRF was a non tier jumping to a tier....
    also TOV doesnt come out for 2 weeks after 7.1 which is still a little bit more time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nileroze View Post
    i'm fine with the date.
    asked a friend and he said its too early...so
    do you guys think the patch is too early?
    I kind of felt this way in MoP content came out quicker than I could consume it.

It is better than the reverse though.

I would much rather have content I am not quite ready for, vs long content droughts, where I spend most of my time leveling/gearing an alt.

there really is no pleasing people these days. too late? too early? what do you want?
    no its absolutely not to early to add a supplemental patch

Deleted
    Like I said. Blizzard could find a cure for cancer and ppl would still complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    I think the better question is WHY 7.1 is coming so soon.
    because the vocal minority who played non-stop for the first month are bitching they are bored, while the majority of players are still working on leveling and gearing.

Go tell your friend he's a dick.

/thread.

Too early for what? This thread is pointless.
    this thread didnt needed 17 pages. this answer was enough.l