Where is the Legion?

Leading up to Legion we were dealing with invasions everywhere, and we even had to teleport Dalaran in the middle of a siege because the demons were overwhelming. Now we're much closer to the Tomb of Sargeras, but there's no demons anywhere around Dalaran.

Did I miss some lore event or is it unexplained why the Legion is chilling right now?

Eh, I'd just chalk it up to graphical limitations. The framerate in and around Dalaran is bad enough as it is already, and a bunch of flying demons all over the place would only make it worse.

Lorewise, in WotLK, the Blue Dragonflight was laying siege to the outside of Dalaran a lot, but we never saw that depicted in-game, only in the Mage manga. That was likely for similar reasons. Whereas the inner workings of Wyrmrest Temple were far less intricate, so it wasn't too much of a drag to have dragons flying around fighting there.

They are preoccupied with the Army of the Light's invasion of Argus, most likely. Hard to focus on an invasion when you've got an army on your doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They are preoccupied with the Army of the Light's invasion of Argus, most likely. Hard to focus on an invasion when you've got an army on your doorstep.
    That's actually a good theory.

My theory is that the invasion has been mostly pushed back for now, and we're currently on the upswing of our resistance. Like a game of tug-o-war. If you Headcanon that chronologically every class has now finished their order hall campaigns, lots of major blows have been dealt..

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    That's actually a good theory.

My theory is that the invasion has been mostly pushed back for now, and we're currently on the upswing of our resistance. Like a game of tug-o-war. If you Headcanon that chronologically every class has now finished their order hall campaigns, lots of major blows have been dealt..
    In this case the Legion would be nothing more than an average villain. Surely the idea is for the Legion to feel overwhelming, especially after the Broken Shore where we lose for the first time ever?

The Army of the Light could be the reason, but if it isn't that it's just simply badly done as there's no overarching Legion presence in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Stalled for the moment, would be my guess. They've got a strong beachhead in the form of the Broken Shores area around the Tomb of Sargeras, but they've not proliferated in force anywhere else just yet. The current Legion agenda seems to be mostly clandestine, with Gul'dan insinuating his way to the Nightwell to use the power do whatever it is that's required to bring Sargeras across the Nether and into Azeroth proper (and whatever is happening within Karazhan). When and if that occurs the Legion will then attack en masse with the full might of the Dark Titan behind them, and both the Horde and the Alliance would likely be swept aside like ashes in a hurricane. They don't want to take the chance with a piecemeal invasion of Azeroth yet again, as they did in the War of the Ancients and the Third War - they're waiting until all the relevant pieces are placed before they sweep across the world unchecked.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-10-20 at 10:32 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Because hunters stopped an invasion of Dalaran:

They are massing force at the Broken Shore, around the temple which is their stronghold. Also, defending it and doing stuff like recruiting and corrupting (Feltotem, Nightborne).

Deleted
    I mean we've seen they attack many places across Azeroth including Pandaland. I don't think its to bigger stretch to say that these sort of attacks are still continuing (possinle reduced as the Legion will try to defend the Broken isles) just not shown in game as the Heroes are far more concerned with breaking the Legion Stronghold on the Broken Shore. Since the only way to 'win' against a Legion Invasion is to kick them out your world fixed the gap that let them in and change the locks if possible. who cares if a few farms burn around Crossroads if we can close the gateway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graphical limitations and well the genre having flaws of showing everything. That said, they really should of just left the pre expansion invasions all around so at least people leveling up could experience it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi