Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    While everybody else in his army seems to get there instantaneously. Kil'jaeden and Archimonde and company.
    Justified by how Sargeras is not a plain demon, nor an Eredar. He is a massive cosmic entity capable of cleaving planets asunder (literally). As has been proven before, greater summon rites require greater summoners/efforts.

To call in Sargeras requires a monumental effort and preparation, because not even Gul'dan or Kil'jaeden can just snap their fingers and he'll appear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    First off, there arent SPACE TRAVELS, Exodar and the burning legion ships do DIMENSIONAL TRAVELS. I already saw on wowpedia that they dont milenium falcon to planets.
    Second, it would take alot of time to manually go here. Then u say ''man it has been 10000 years since the war o the acients, we woud have arived already'', but would he? Goinmanually could be 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 years. We dont know. All we know is that he needs a portal, and a big one.
    What u should be asking is: How the hell he fought Aegwyn in the past? How did he got here?
    Was an Avatar of Sargeras, which are easier to create/summon than the actual thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    they does, just look up if you were a Horde
    That's not FTL, that's dimensional jumping.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    it's FTL if you believe it
    you are just in denial
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    it's FTL if you believe it
    you are just in denial
    It's not a matter of believe, it's a matter of fact. The Legion doesn't have FTL technology that permits them to travel through the Great Darkness Beyond at great speed. They instead use the Twisting Nether as an anchor for dimensional hoping, being it with portals and summons or Fel engines.

Deleted
    wouldn't you end up in the same location but in a different dimension then if you don't travel through space?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    wouldn't you end up in the same location but in a different dimension then if you don't travel through space?
    No, because the chaotic nature of the Twisting Nether. That's why it's possible to open portals between far distant planets.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-10-16 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Because hes like all the players who will rather spend 10 mins begging for summons than just 5 mins to to get there themselves.
    JA!

/10chars

too big for portal

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a matter of believe, it's a matter of fact. The Legion doesn't have FTL technology that permits them to travel through the Great Darkness Beyond at great speed. They instead use the Twisting Nether as an anchor for dimensional hoping, being it with portals and summons or Fel engines.
    it was meant as a joke
    Never mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Portal is to small. He can shatter planets with the swing of his sword.

I'm sorry for everyone that thinks that whatever Blizzard says is like God's word but they've done mistakes in the past and they sure will in the future. Saying that Sargeras is "too far away" is poor writing. They could have thought of something better than that. My reasons. Well Azeroth can't be that far away it's impossible. First a Titan discovered Azeroth, then he returned to the Pantheon and came back to Azeroth. Lot of years after, the draenei came through space from Draenor, from Draenor! I mean if the Legion have so much influence over Outland then they can travel to Azeroth. There must be a reason of why Sargeras have not traveled to Azeroth. And not only him. Every Legion soldier has to be teleported even the spaceships so something is going on. Sorry for being to direct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    I'm sorry for everyone that thinks that whatever Blizzard says is like God's word but they've done mistakes in the past and they sure will in the future. Saying that Sargeras is "too far away" is poor writing. They could have thought of something better than that. My reasons. Well Azeroth can't be that far away it's impossible. First a Titan discovered Azeroth, then he returned to the Pantheon and came back to Azeroth. Lot of years after, the draenei came through space from Draenor, from Draenor! I mean if the Legion have so much influence over Outland then they can travel to Azeroth. There must be a reason of why Sargeras have not traveled to Azeroth. And not only him. Every Legion soldier has to be teleported even the spaceships so something is going on. Sorry for being to direct.
    Until Blizzard says something else that's the word we have to go on. A random player's speculation isn't higher then what Blizzard says, regardless if they make mistakes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Too far away as an excuse is fine. Do you know the size of the universe? I'd imagine it would take a long ass time to reach Azeroth even at warp speeds. Sargeras figures that it's better to wait for a portal, than to travel physically.

or rise up as Undead Sargeras leader of the infinite Scourge

Sargeras risen as a deathknight of the Ebonblade to fight old gods/voidlords confirmed xD

You clearly don't seem to have any idea of what "canon" means. Anything Blizzard says is God's word when it comes to their stories, no matter how ridiculous it is - heck, people call authors' words (not just limited to Blizzard's) "Word of God" for a reason. Until they say something else, it's the truth. If it conflicts with existing story, the existing story will have to change itself to suit what Blizzard said. It's that simple. Whether it's poor writing or not doesn't matter. Blizzard can say "Hey, Sargeras is a moon rabbit and everything we experienced was just a dream" and that will be the truth (until they say otherwise) even though it sounds extremely stupid.

Not to mention your arguments against Blizzard in this matter isn't even correct. "Azeroth is too far away" is technically NOT impossible. Let's go through it one by one:
    - The fact that Aggramar discovered Azeroth, came back to meet the Pantheon, then they came to Azeroth again doesn't really mean anything. There is no indication that Sargeras is where the Pantheon was during that time. For all we know, Sargeras could have been advancing on the wrong direction, and now the Legion would be anywhere between 15,000 and up to millions / billions+ years of travel away from Azeroth. (I tried get a rough estimation of the time between the Pantheon's departure and when Sargeras first found out about Azeroth's physical location here when Chronicle was just released).
    - Secondly, the Draenei never came through space. What are you talking about? They flew in using Exodar. Exodar is a dimensional ship, part of the large dimensional fortress. Those don't fly normally, they teleport through realities - quoting Metzen
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Metzen
    To be clear, we're not talking about having the Millennium Falcon cruising around the Twisting Nether. The draenei 'nether-ship' you've been hearing about is far more than it seems. It's part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities
    Warp-drive, basically. Since Sargeras and his Legion couldn't do that, they had to wait for the portals and summons.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-10-16 at 03:45 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    You clearly don't seem to have any idea of what "canon" means. Anything Blizzard says is God's word when it comes to their stories, no matter how ridiculous it is - heck, people call authors' words (not just limited to Blizzard's) "Word of God" for a reason. Until they say something else, it's the truth. If it conflicts with existing story, the existing story will have to change itself to suit what Blizzard said. It's that simple. Whether it's poor writing or not doesn't matter. Blizzard can say "Hey, Sargeras is a moon rabbit and everything we experienced was just a dream" and that will be the truth (until they say otherwise) even though it sounds extremely stupid.

Not to mention your arguments against Blizzard in this matter isn't even correct. "Azeroth is too far away" is technically NOT impossible. Let's go through it one by one:
    - The fact that Aggramar discovered Azeroth, came back to meet the Pantheon, then they came to Azeroth again doesn't really mean anything. There is no indication that Sargeras is where the Pantheon was during that time. For all we know, Sargeras could have been advancing on the wrong direction, and now the Legion would be anywhere between 15,000 and up to millions / billions+ years of travel away from Azeroth. (I tried get a rough estimation of the time between the Pantheon's departure and when Sargeras first found out about Azeroth's physical location here when Chronicle was just released).
    - Secondly, the Draenei never came through space. What are you talking about? They flew in using Exodar. Exodar is a dimensional ship, part of the large dimensional fortress. Those don't fly normally, they teleport through realities - quoting Metzen

Warp-drive, basically. Since Sargeras and his Legion couldn't do that, they had to wait for the portals and summons.
    Yey I know if Blizzard says it's canon it is, nothing can change that. I was too heated haha sorry for that. The first point about Aggramar you're totally right and yes Sargeras could have gone to the wrong direction. But about the Exodar. First it was damaged and for it it had to go to the closest habitable planet, Azeroth in this case. Secondly, the dimensional ships, and yes the "Legion ships" are dimensional ships, are able to navigate through the Twisting Nether. And the only thing for sure is that the Nether normal it isn't. Remember that Metzen forgot about Falstad so in a story that big anyone can forget about anything. And, more or less I'm not sure about it, in the Nether time passes far quicker than in Azeroth or that seems for now and I would also add that you don't age if you are in the Nether since Turalyon is still alive. What I want to say, if the Legion controls the Nether and Draenor is the closest planet to Azeroth. Then the Legion should be able to get to Azeroth finally instead of teleporting.

Secondly, the dimensional ships, and yes the "Legion ships" are dimensional ships, are able to navigate through the Twisting Nether. And the only thing for sure is that the Nether normal it isn't. Remember that Metzen forgot about Falstad so in a story that big anyone can forget about anything. And, more or less I'm not sure about it, in the Nether time passes far quicker than in Azeroth or that seems for now and I would also add that you don't age if you are in the Nether since Turalyon is still alive. What I want to say, if the Legion controls the Nether and Draenor is the closest planet to Azeroth. Then the Legion should be able to get to Azeroth finally instead of teleporting.
    The Legion does not control the Nether. The Nether is vast, all the Legion controlled are some worlds / planets inside there. The mages in Azeroth sometimes open portals into the Nether and go there to toss their trashes. If the Legion controls the Nether, no one in their right minds would do so (or would be able to do so). Furthermore, there isn't any indication that they even control the area near Outland in the Nether, either. They still had to use the portals to assault Outland instead of just flying in from the Nether. Outland is all cracked and falling apart, so I doubt there is any functioning device prevent them from doing so.

If they are nowhere near Outland and had to use portals to get there as well, why should they be able to get to Azeroth? Assuming that their ships are as advanced as the Naaru ships and can just port in and out of the Nether without the need of a portal, that is (I'm not even sure if this would be the case, to be honest). At very least, the Legion main base - Argus (supposedly, since KJ is there) - is "a thousand worlds in the distance, through a thousand portals" away from Draenor.

Also, note that Outland and Draenor are technically different. Draenor was a planet in the physical universe, Outland was Draenor after it fell apart and started falling in the Nether. Outland is now in the edge between physical universe and the Nether - there is no indication that it is anywhere near Draenor's physical location anymore.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-10-16 at 05:01 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The Legion does not control the Nether. The Nether is vast, all the Legion controlled are some worlds / planets inside there. The mages in Azeroth sometimes open portals into the Nether and go there to toss their trashes. If the Legion controls the Nether, no one in their right minds would do so (or would be able to do so). Furthermore, there isn't any indication that they even control the area near Outland in the Nether, either. They still had to use the portals to assault Outland instead of just flying in from the Nether. Outland is all cracked and falling apart, so I doubt there is any functioning device prevent them from doing so.

If they are nowhere near Outland and had to use portals to get there as well, why should they be able to get to Azeroth? Assuming that their ships are as advanced as the Naaru ships and can just port in and out of the Nether without the need of a portal, that is (I'm not even sure if this would be the case, to be honest). At very least, the Legion main base - Argus (supposedly, since KJ is there) - is "a thousand worlds in the distance, through a thousand portals" away from Draenor.

Also, note that Outland and Draenor are technically different. Draenor was a planet in the physical universe, Outland was Draenor after it fell apart and started falling in the Nether. Outland is now in the edge between physical universe and the Nether - there is no indication that it is anywhere near Draenor's physical location anymore.
    Well when the Tempest Keep appear and the Draenei escape with the Exodar it was already Outland. And maybe they do not control all the Nether but a great part of it yes since I think that with every conquered world they have expanded the Nether. It is a really interesting thing the Twisting Nether and I like were it's going. Also yes poor Outland, once a shiny world and now, well, "a falling apart kind of refuge". But maybe the Legion could teleport to near Outland with their cool ships and from there maybe get to Azeroth that it is suppose to be close. Pfff it's really complicated all this for sure.

not only is sargeras too far away, but he is also probably been taking out every planet between him and azeroth. which would slow him down.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor