Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Resto] Mythic + advice

Hey,

Just looking to hear some thoughts on mythic+ as a resto Druid.

First of all, what talents have people been using?

Tier 1 the obvious choice seems to be Prosperity but has anyone been using something different?

Tier 5 I'm undecided on incarnation vs cultivation. I've never used cultivation, is anyone finding it's useful? The fact it's constant and passive vs a CD means maybe it's more sustained healing throughout.

Tier 6, germination for double rejuv seems too good to pass up.

Tier 7 I've been using flourish but I'm feeling this might be the weakest choice. Thoughts?

Also how are people contributing to DPS? I've been applying sunfire on packs so it spreads and moonfire blanket as many mobs as I can. Then wrath spam when I can fit it in.

Any other tips or best practices throw them out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cenarion Ward, Displacer Beast, Feral Affinity (for 2-9, Guardian Affinity for 10+), Typhoon, Cultivation, Germination, Moment of Clarity.

Moment of Clarity is (or was, Living Seed and Regrowth took quite a hit today) by far the best one in the last tier. Flourish is completely useless - especially without Cenarion Ward.

I dps as a cat - moonfire+sunfire as caster, then to cat form.... Sunfire+Swipe spam is quite effective in aoe packs.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Moment of clarity is definitely the alternative choice to flourish but interested to hear why you think it's useless? I've found when things get hectic and you you're stuck for GCD's it's invaluable to buy yourself 6 extra seconds of hots, especially when I've got 2x rejuv across each player about to drop

I really like Abundance in 5s healing generally, especially with Germination, and even more so with the recent Prosperity changes. With 4-6 rejuvs out, Abundance makes HT effectively a cheap flash heal and it feels like some old school small group healing.

I have been going for higher Mythic+ lately (+8) and I am "only" ilevel 860.
    Used to run with prosperity and SotF for lower mythic+. Changed that to Cenarion Ward and Cultivation. The change is IMO amazing, and I love it.
    I also use germination of course. You cant change that whatsoever!

Reason: I didnt "need to" use swiftmend that much, and SotF just didn't do. Cenario Ward is a HUGE hot with a short CD (for tank healing), and getting the group up, while they have Rejuv and Cultivation on them using WG works perfectly fine. (given that u have enough mastery, 15%+)

I also use Stonebark instead of Flourish, cos I dont have any trouble keeping the group up with cultivation, G'Hanir and enough mastery.
    However I noticed that at about +8 / +9 keeping the tank up is pretty hard, so I focused on that. (e.g. Cordana at +9 is a bitach!)

So...

Tier 1 - Any of the 3 is actually a viable choice although I would only take prosperity if you are also taking soul of the forest. Typically CW is probably the most straight forward and easiest to use and is what i would recommend if you have the legendary bracers. Abundance is an amazing talent sometimes and other times pointless... either because you don't have enough rejuvs out or you just don't need that much single target (quite common issue). It shines best in high group damage situations like CoS end boss where you're likely to have 10 rejuvs out and being able to supplement with quick efficient heals means you can maintain 500-600k HPS for a few minutes(it also pairs very well with flourish).

Tier 5 - Depends on the content you are doing, cultivation is amazing at higher mythic+ as things tend to drop people below 60% in one hit so it's up all the damn time. My last 10 Maw had cultivation at 7.67% of my healing which was above lifebloom... so it's really nice. Incarnation is more of a raid-spam rejuv on all the things talent. If you need to spam instant regrowths non-stop something is terribly wrong. SotF is an excellent choice at lower levels and really needs to be paired with prosperity from tier 1 but the setup time can be a bit of a pain in the ass and you may run into GCD lock issues.

Tier 6 - Yep, germ is life.

Tier 7 - Flourish is typically your default choice however stonebark is a good choice with a spikey tank (DH, DK or Pally) or when dealing with very high burst like say raging fortified packs? Yea... they suck(your tank should just kite that). Flourish works very well with pretty much our entire kit and is what allows you to save a LOT of GCDs high damage situations. MoC is not even worth considering in mythic+.
    Last edited by Drekor; 2016-10-31 at 06:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Tier 5 - Depends on the content you are doing, cultivation is amazing at higher mythic+ as things tend to drop people below 60% in one hit so it's up all the damn time. My last 10 Maw had cultivation at 7.67% of my healing which was above lifebloom... so it's really nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I have been going for higher Mythic+ lately (+8) and I am "only" ilevel 860.
    Used to run with prosperity and SotF for lower mythic+. Changed that to Cenarion Ward and Cultivation. The change is IMO amazing, and I love it.
    I also use germination of course. You cant change that whatsoever!

Reason: I didnt "need to" use swiftmend that much, and SotF just didn't do. Cenario Ward is a HUGE hot with a short CD (for tank healing), and getting the group up, while they have Rejuv and Cultivation on them using WG works perfectly fine. (given that u have enough mastery, 15%+)

Cultivation is also really good because it adds a mastery stack making the rejuvenation/germination/wg even stronger.

7+ Year Old Account
    For Mythic+ I've been running:

Cenarion Ward - I don't run SotF so Prosperity isn't necessary. I like the Cenarion Ward for additional Mastery stacks. Between this on 30s CD and Stonebark on 1 min CD I barely have to worry about my tank now.

Displacer Beast - IMO necessary relative to the other talents.

Guardian Affinity - I run Feral Affinity in lower level Mythics just for more DPS. Guardian is better though to make sure I stay alive so I can keep my group alive. I always rather my tank pull ridiculous amounts and we AoE/cleave them down anyway so Feral Affinity becomes useless when I'm spam healing the group.

Typhoon - Enough people have Stuns and Stuns have DR. Why not a useful knockback? Helps a lot getting Mobs out of healing runes (HoV), interrupting a whole groups cast, re-positioning the enemy army or simply getting stuff off your tank for 1-2s.

Cultivation - I find SotF build to be a little underwhelming when pushing Mythic+. I like to use my Swiftmend for spot healing. Cult gives free passive healing and once you start pushing higher Mythic+ just about any damage taken is knocking people below the 60% threshhold. The added HoT is great for Mastery and it's all FREE. Less managing spells and you can use your WG and SM whenever you feel it's necessary without requiring the other. Tree is just not great IMO.

Germination - not even touching on this. It just has to be here.

Stonebark - I love this talent for 5-man content. When I'm the only healer and I look at what external CDs I have to help I whimper. Bringing Ironbark to a 1 minute CD, increasing all HoT healing 20% AND the fact it counts as a HoT anyway (Mastery yay) this is amazing to help your tank. Since you're basically chain pulling in Mythic+ you can essentially use it every minute on cool-down and if you're VOIPing with your tank you can communicate CDs and rotate with them. This talent is the reason I was able to even get through +10 VoW healing an i848 prot pally. Saved the day so many times. Flourish is decent too if you don't NEED the CD but I find Stonebark so damned useful for 5-man content I won't use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffytoy View Post
    For Mythic+ I've been running:
    Stonebark - I love this talent for 5-man content. When I'm the only healer and I look at what external CDs I have to help I whimper. Bringing Ironbark to a 1 minute CD, increasing all HoT healing 20% AND the fact it counts as a HoT anyway (Mastery yay) this is amazing to help your tank. Since you're basically chain pulling in Mythic+ you can essentially use it every minute on cool-down and if you're VOIPing with your tank you can communicate CDs and rotate with them. This talent is the reason I was able to even get through +10 VoW healing an i848 prot pally. Saved the day so many times. Flourish is decent too if you don't NEED the CD but I find Stonebark so damned useful for 5-man content I won't use anything else.
    How do you mean "It counts as a hot"?
    I like Stonebark too but I don't think it adds a Mastery stack.

Deleted
    My personal experience:

Tier 1:
    I currently run Prosperity, mainly because I got the legendary bracers which extends my HoTs whenever I use swiftmend on them, so having two of 'em can be quite handy. Else I'd probably got for Cenarion ward.

Tier 5:
    I mainly run Cultivation here. Cultivation is really good compared to how much thought you gotta lay into it. Barely nothing, right? It hits the target once they drop below 60% health, and thereby heals the target extra, but also makes your other HoTs heal more, because of your mastery.

Soul of the forest can be used, but I suggest running Cultivation. Never used ToL so far in Legion.

Tier 6:
    Germination, nothing else comes close to the value of this in m+.

Tier 7:
    I personally prefer Flourish, and haven't really been using much else in Legion. Indeed, Stonebark can be great if your tank is getting a lot of spiky dmg, but tanks do have cooldowns / pots themselves, and you still got your basic Ironbark, so I think it might be a bit of overkill to go for stonebark talent.
    Flourish can be insane in lots of situations. Sometimes you'll be having 4 HoTs running on the entire group, and extending those with 6 secs + using your Artifact G'hanir power, is just insane healing output. If people die through this, they did something wrong.

Please notice, this is just my experience so far in Legion. I do not say this is the right or best solution, but simply what worked for me.
    I'm currently a 5/7 mythic Restoration druid: Millows-Nordrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by seba2632 View Post

Tier 7:
    I personally prefer Flourish, and haven't really been using much else in Legion. Indeed, Stonebark can be great if your tank is getting a lot of spiky dmg, but tanks do have cooldowns / pots themselves, and you still got your basic Ironbark, so I think it might be a bit of overkill to go for stonebark talent.
    Flourish can be insane in lots of situations. Sometimes you'll be having 4 HoTs running on the entire group, and extending those with 6 secs + using your Artifact G'hanir power, is just insane healing output. If people die through this, they did something wrong.
    How do u use Ghanir and Flourish? Are u using a macro?

Deleted
    I have them both keybinded. You want to use them separately at times.

Deleted
    You can't put them in a macro, both require a gcd to cast. And as Laggaiskogen said, you want to bind them separately to have more control over when you use them.

Deleted
    What they said pretty much sums it up.

moment of clarity is terrible; you aren't really mana bound in five mans (aside from maaaaybe some tyrannical bosses) so there's little reason to use it. Flourish on the other hand can buy you several 'free' GCDs during high damage periods, and can increase throughput by extending WG and cenarion ward.

cultivation is really good; again, it's a talent that provides GCD-free healing. You might be able to make an argument for incarnation in some circumstances (think of stuff like CoS where there are many periods of high sustained damage), but if you're gonna pick one for general use go with cultivation.

in tier one tbh I think if you're gonna take prosperity you might as well just take abundance; if you're finding you need more direct healing it'll be more reliable/spammable (since you'll almost always have at least 3-4 rejuvs out), and prosperity doesn't give you all that many more swiftmends over the course of time. Personally I use cenarion ward though.

always depends what you doing in reality.

I got 2 traits that increase swiftmend + bracers so for me prosperity is unavoidable cause my swiftmend heals like crazy but if I didn't I would take cenarion ward on higher mythics.

Displacer beast no doubt.

Guardian affinity on higher mythics, you need to do dps but better if you stay up.

typhoon is good for what it is

cultivation rly good

germination unavoidable

and flourish I'd say, although i find some value at stonebark I think that the tanks heal themselvs a lot nowadays and if you have a tank that dies easily then he is not made for it rly.

If you want to get used to the build that makes higher level mythic+ a lot easier, run:
    CW, Displacer, Feral/Guardian Affinity, Cultivation, Germination, and Flourish/Stonebark.

Anything that is not this build is the exception to resto druids who run higher level mythics consistently. Feral is only worth it if you have time to DPS, else go Guardian affinity. Flourish/Stonebark is fairly dependent on dungeon.

DO NOT run prosperity. CW is significantly stronger. Additionally, there is almost no instance where soul of the forest is better than cultivation. If you think it is, there probably isn't enough damage actually going out.

There is no part of this game currently that makes Moment of Clarity is useful. Pretend it does not exist.

On 2->9 random talents, i only make sure i'm picking feral affinity. I don't pay attention to my gear, most of the time i forget to swap set and i end up using feral/guardian set with melee trinkets.

on 10+ Prosperity, Guardian affinity, Culti, Germination and Flourish at least this week because of tyrannical stacking mastery to no end. I need the sheer potency of Swiftmends and i happen to have 3 SM relics (4/6 total point).

On CoS 10 i trash m keystone. I'd rather run 10 LFRs in a row then dealing with raging enforcer and tyrannical last boss. F* that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomali View Post
    If you want to get used to the build that makes higher level mythic+ a lot easier, run:
    CW, Displacer, Feral/Guardian Affinity, Cultivation, Germination, and Flourish/Stonebark.

Anything that is not this build is the exception to resto druids who run higher level mythics consistently. Feral is only worth it if you have time to DPS, else go Guardian affinity. Flourish/Stonebark is fairly dependent on affixes.

DO NOT run prosperity. CW is significantly stronger. Additionally, there is almost no instance where soul of the forest is better than cultivation. If you think it is, there probably isn't enough damage actually going out.

There is no part of this game currently that makes Moment of Clarity is useful. Pretend it does not exist.
    With i only need 2 stack of mastry to hit for 1.4M with a crit SM. It's the only decent spot healing tool we have and it's seriously idiotic to give it away with volcanic and many of the tyrannical bosses this week.

You absolutely need that burst on DHT for archdruid and xavius, on EoA for Wrath and on Arcway.

With Fortifying yeah, CW is needed as stonebark.

Yeah I had been using flourish, somewhat I didn't get along with it that well. For me it's more like a mana saver then a increase in healing. The only situation where it increases heal might be WG.
    I'd think about it if they didn't have a GCD with Ghanir and Flourish. If u could cast them both at the same time, I'd take it over stonebark.
    However I usually find myself not having trouble grouphealing in 8+, rather than keeping the tank alive.

Quote Originally Posted by seba2632 View Post
    My personal experience:

Tier 1:
    I currently run Prosperity, mainly because I got the legendary bracers which extends my HoTs whenever I use swiftmend on them, so having two of 'em can be quite handy. Else I'd probably got for Cenarion ward.
    I also have the bracers, and while Prosperity seems like the obvious choice, in a 5 man CW is a lot better in my opinion. People seem to forget that the passive effect of the bracers work incredibly well with CW. 18 seconds duration CW is absolutely amazing.