Poll: Is it the best?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    I'd put Mists as the second worst Xpac, with Warlords the only one worse. We're not far enough into Legion yet to well rank it, but it's looking to be one of the better ones. I would rate them #1: WotLK, #2 BC, #3 Vanilla, #4 Cata, #5 Pandaland, #6 Warlords. I suspect at this point that Legion will probably fall between BC and Cata, but there's still time for them to both ruin it, and improve it.

I could envision people who started playing with Cata or later calling Pandaland the best Xpac, but I can't see anyone who played in WotLK or earlier calling Pandaland the best.
    Been playing since the end of vanilla and let me tell you what, moP beats vanilla and BC by a long margin.

Ever tried being a ret pally back in BC? A prot pally main tank in BC? you were either the "trash tank" or "lol ret".

To me BC can rot, and lets not forget all the clown off pieces that dropped from quest rewards or remember when you had to hit revered to first unlock the heroic dungeons? Then they nerfed to be only honored.

Mop > Wrath > rest easily.

And so far, Legion > Mop.

That's my opinion, ofc ^^

It's still WOTLK > MoP > Rest. Legion will overtake both if they keep this up.

MoP was the best expansion. Legion has been the new champion for me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    for me, Wrath> BC>MoP>Legion>Cata>WoD.. I didn't list Vanilla cause I didn't start till BC.. But Legion so far is looking like it may trade places with MoP.

If anyone says MoP was bad they didn't play it, are literal children, or are man children.

It isn't the best, but it isn't even close to the worst. In terms of power rankings, excluding Legion.

LK > MoP > BC > Classic > Cata > WoD

fit me irl

Doesn't beat Wrath. Not even close.

I enjoyed mists way more than I expected, but it definitely isn't my favorite. My personal order (I will throw legion in here even though it's way too early to judge)

Wrath > TBC > Legion > MoP > Classic > Cata > WoD

Not counting Legion, since it's still ongoing, and not counting Classic which was just a very different beast, I rank the expansions as follows:

Wrath > TBC >= MoP >>> WoD >= Cata.

I have a hard time deciding whether I liked WoD or Cata less.... Cata raiding had a lot of issues, with different tiers having radically different problems, and much of what the expansion did I hated, but it also introduced some great systems and I liked the daily quests and dungeons it added. WoD had a great first-time experience, and garrisons were good conceptually, but practically garrisons caused a lot of damage, and while WoD raiding was decent, the lack of tiers and complete lack of content outside of raids prior to Tanan really kinda killed it.

Wrath was my favorite. I'm not sure I could say it was the best, necessarily, but I loved it. Even the parts that tended to piss people off didn't really bother me (ie Argent Tournament).

TBC had a lot I loved about it. It had some oddball mechanics, to be sure, but I enjoyed many of them. Some of them just needed to go. MoP had a lot I loved; the dailies were good, the raiding was good... didn't like SoO much, but that was mostly an aesthetics issue. I loathed the questing in Valley of the Four Winds, I loathed the hozen, and I loathed Stormstout Brewery; those were enough on their own to keep MoP from being on par with Wrath for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Controversial Opion by me:

MoP > WoD > Legion > WotLK > TBC > Cata

I love orc clans and their lore man

Even though it was rushed and didnt last long, in theory the idea of uniting the clans and shit was so cool; dimension hopping aside tho

I am, in fact, leveling my Hunter in Pandaria right now. I'mma see how far into the 90s I can get her with Panda quests.

TBC remains my favorite (but part of that is nostalgia ofc) but MoP would be a close second. (Legion currently third, too early to judge it)

When people say it was less shit than WoD they don't mean that it was good.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rate it: Wrath > MoP > BC > Cata > WoD. Legion is pretty good so far but it's still to early to call.

Pandaria's biggest issue is that it was too disconnected from the rest of game. Taken on it's own it was a really solid experience. The lore, the atmosphere, etc. Everything was very pretty and very well presented and overall fun to play. Unfortunately it was hard to care about something completely new and different and so far removed from everything that had come before. That hurt the overall perception and experience in ways that weren't really fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    lore=/= story.

MoP literally had more story elements. I'm not going to use judgement words like better, but a whole lot more happened.

MoP was a fine expansion, but I'm not positive it was my personal favorite.
    Keepers of Ulduar lore alone in Wrath had more significance and impact then all of MoPs lore combined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Been playing since the end of vanilla and let me tell you what, moP beats vanilla and BC by a long margin.

Ever tried being a ret pally back in BC? A prot pally main tank in BC? you were either the "trash tank" or "lol ret".

To me BC can rot, and lets not forget all the clown off pieces that dropped from quest rewards or remember when you had to hit revered to first unlock the heroic dungeons? Then they nerfed to be only honored.

Mop > Wrath > rest easily.

And so far, Legion > Mop.

That's my opinion, ofc ^^
    I guess you were a shit ret in TBC.

There were rets who could play and seal twist and rets who went oom and were dumpster quality.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started in Vanilla and felt like Legion was the last chance to provide a "hook" for me. I've never thought highly of MoP, though I rate it above BC and Cata still. My (very subjective) ratings as far as expansions go:

Legion = WotLK > MoP > BC = WoD > Cata

Legion has really pulled through for me. It ain't perfect or even close, but it's been the most fun I've had in years.

TBC and MoP are the best. WOTLK was only Ulduar and ICC, where both TBC and MoP had a consistent amount of quality raids and content. ToC and Naxx rehashing brings WOTLK down a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I didn't care about a lot of things in MoP. It did however have what I consider the most fun gameplay of any expansion. I'd kill to play some of the current specs like they used to. Snapshotting was really enjoyable for me. There have been times during the game I've liked so many specs that I had a hard time deciding on a main, now specs are so dull to me that I'm considering taking a break. I like a lot about legion, but certain specs feel downright ruined to me.

Deleted
    How can you declare something like this? Your facts are based on "I said it before wod already" and "noticed an awfully lot of people now saying MoP was the best ". Are you just itching for a forum fight?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Keepers of Ulduar lore alone in Wrath had more significance and impact then all of MoPs lore combined.
    The Keepers Lore is exactly equal to the 5.2 Titan Lore.

In Ulduar we learned they had keepers watch over the world. In Throne of Thunder we learned the titans were fucking dead and the keepers were watching over what basically amounts to a failed experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagobha View Post
    "Mop beats wrath in story"

I would guess you're not much for warcraft lore
    Wrath was a huge Saturday morning cartoon fest.

I'll get you next time Gadget!!!!!!