Poll: What do you think about the current state of levelling?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What do you all think about the current state of levelling?

Hi all,

I was wondering what you all think about leveling in its current state with regards to difficulty and the pace you can smash through zones.

I haven't really thought about it much until now. Can read more on why, below, if you wish:

I have played WoW since 2005 with my brother but he stopped playing at the end of TBC.
    He's come back to WoW, started a new character (warlock), and is levelling all over again but he's come and said to me that he finds it really dull (only at level 29). "Why?", I asked. He's not using heirlooms and he's said he barely gets halfway through any zone before the adventure guide is popping up telling him to go elsewhere, the quests become green, and there's no real time to actually enjoy each zone and experience it. Also that he's able to more or less pull near enough 10 NPCs at a time (I questioned this number as it seemed exaggerated but apparently drain life is grossly over-tuned at low levels) which makes levelling a great deal faster.

Now, I know that levelling is not meant to be difficult, or even challenging to a certain degree, but do you think it's gone too far now and how would you like to see it changed?

Discuss !
    Last edited by mmoc2a51bf75d5; 2016-11-18 at 12:39 AM.

I think they just need to introduce the same sort of scaling thing that we see with Legion. Allows you to complete an entire zone if you wish without penalty.

Hopefully this is something that they can go back and introduce in the rest of the world. I'm sure there could be issues arise from it - but its worth a look into

Yup mostly agree. Leveling is basically an afterthought and horribly managed from previous expansions. At this point it should just be removed. They can implement the pristine realm idea and actually Balance leveling and make it difficult or something.
    As of right now it basically just a hindrance.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    I think they just need to introduce the same sort of scaling thing that we see with Legion. Allows you to complete an entire zone if you wish without penalty.

Hopefully this is something that they can go back and introduce in the rest of the world. I'm sure there could be issues arise from it - but its worth a look into
    Actually this is a really good idea, would stop you out-levelling the zones before you complete them. Really hope they do this someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a current player that wants a another 110 without much time investment its great.

For a new player it sucks and forces you to race to 110.

Why didnt he use the free boost?

100 -110 Excellent

1-100 Abysmal

and it's been this way since Cataclysm launched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    For a current player that wants a another 110 without much time investment its great.

For a new player it sucks and forces you to race to 110.

Why didnt he use the free boost?
    He's not bought Legion, just renewed his sub which gives him up to Mists of Pandaria even though he's not played since TBC I think.
    Also didn't want to buy a boost because he's doing all his professions as he levels and what not. Though I totally agree that it's good if it's your 9th or 10th character but equally shit to miss out on some of the good stuff for the new (or returning) players.

Leveling is a disaster. It should be its own endgame.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a bit too fast for my taste. But I enjoy leveling more than I enjoy the endgame.

The character progression while leveling is more engaging : new spells, new talents, new zones, new tiers of materials to gather, new recipes to learn, etc. Whereas in the endgame, it's purely a gradual power creep in your stats : more agility, more stam, more crit. But you don't get any new spells, and you tend to repeat the exact same content (raid boss, dungeon boss) over and over. I'm OK with that in small amounts, it's the nature of an MMO after all, but I much prefer leveling.

Why are there only 2 options? Too fast and fine.... common sense tells there's something missing.

The leveling experience is dull and boring. And for it being so dull, boring and utterly pointless it takes way to long. I don't need 50 levels to get used to my rotation of.... Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt followed by Frostbolt. I don't need 48 hours of /played to get used to low level rotations and synergies just to throw everything overboard once I hit 110, when everything changes with new talents, artifacts, huge stat increases and set boni.

Leveling is tedious as it is. I shouldn't have to pay 60 bucks to skip it. It's useless and not even slightly fun, engaging or anything of the likes. I'd like to play a Mage alt, but I'd rather lie around doing nothing for 48 hours straight instead of having to level another alt in WoW.

Thus, I take option 3: Fuck leveling, it's way too slow and tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Why are there only 2 options? Too fast and fine.... common sense tells there's something missing.

The leveling experience is dull and boring. And for it being so dull, boring and utterly pointless it takes way to long. I don't need 50 levels to get used to my rotation of.... Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt followed by Frostbolt. I don't need 48 hours of /played to get used to low level rotations and synergies just to throw everything overboard once I hit 110, when everything changes with new talents, artifacts, huge stat increases and set boni.

Leveling is tedious as it is. I shouldn't have to pay 60 bucks to skip it. It's useless and not even slightly fun, engaging or anything of the likes. I'd like to play a Mage alt, but I'd rather lie around doing nothing for 48 hours straight instead of having to level another alt in WoW.

Thus, I take option 3: Fuck leveling, it's way too slow and tedious.
    my thoughts exactly. Way too slow, specially 100-110. ugh.

I think they should make leveling normally much slower (bring it up to how leveling in new expansions is), but make heirlooms or something speed it up even more. In current state it's a hindrance to people who just want to enjoy alts in current content and it's no fun for people who enjoy questing and leveling. lose-lose

Leveling is too slow, must be sped up by 25% at least. Or even better, the heirlooms should be activated.

Deleted
    I mean I have no quarrels with the levelling pace, but the environment you level in (1-85) is just messed up. Deathwing (Illidan and LK killed) -> Illidan -> LK (Illidan killed) and then Deathwing again.

Not to mention the fact the zones revamped in Cata are ugly as a troll it has an effect on levelling as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missing "Levelling is too slow in Legion, compared to previous expansions" option...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Levelling is so boring and repetitive, it might as well be as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Missing "Levelling is too slow in Legion, compared to previous expansions" option...
    ^Exactly

I think that leveling in Legion is too slow compared to WoD. I mean the Highmountain is stupid long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    He's come back to WoW, started a new character (warlock), and is levelling all over again but he's come and said to me that he finds it really dull (only at level 29). "Why?", I asked. He's not using heirlooms and he's said he barely gets halfway through any zone before the adventure guide is popping up telling him to go elsewhere, the quests become green, and there's no real time to actually enjoy each zone and experience it.
    I leveled to 100 in 3 Legion zones, your argument is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Levelling is what I prefer in the game

So fine I guess

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For me, it is fine. I'm not leveling alts anyway.

Deleted
    I can't get a character past 60, because the whole leveling process just sucks right now. There is no learning your class in it, there is no challenge, just dull, boring and repetitive kill this go there loot that for hours and hours.
    It's very, very different from what it has been up to Lich King, where leveling was rather slow (compared to now), but I actually felt my character developing with every quest I finished and every skill I obtained.