Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    any thoughts on the Mindbender nerf? Obviously it's still probably the best mana regen talent at increasing HPS, but is it still the best at actual mana regen? I always feel mana starved on boss fights. Obviously I need to work on my rotation and timing a lot more for heals on bosses to get the most out of my current mana pool, but i still feel that mana is my main limitation. At least I finally got a decent roll on an Amalgum's for this week's raid. Should be sexcellent. Not sure it's gonna make up that 1/3 nerf to mindbender though.

Quote Originally Posted by animus123 View Post
    any thoughts on the Mindbender nerf? Obviously it's still probably the best mana regen talent at increasing HPS, but is it still the best at actual mana regen? I always feel mana starved on boss fights. Obviously I need to work on my rotation and timing a lot more for heals on bosses to get the most out of my current mana pool, but i still feel that mana is my main limitation. At least I finally got a decent roll on an Amalgum's for this week's raid. Should be sexcellent. Not sure it's gonna make up that 1/3 nerf to mindbender though.
    Shield Discipline is the go-to talent for that tier now. It always offered more mana return than Mindbender, but with the nerf to Mindbender it's become the clear winner in that talent tier.

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Shield Discipline is the go-to talent for that tier now. It always offered more mana return than Mindbender, but with the nerf to Mindbender it's become the clear winner in that talent tier.
    sadness. I always liked mindbender. Oh well, gotta have them manas. Shield disc it is.

Updated: Fishbrul food was nerfed. Haste food is now the go-to choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Added personal Angelic Feather macro:

Personal Angelic Feather Macro (@player)
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player] Angelic Feather
    /stopspelltarget

So, using Contrition it means we got to start the Atonement blanket 3 seconds earlier than before, right? I changed the WA to give the warnings sooner, let's see how it goes at tonight's raid

Quote Originally Posted by tuxie View Post
    So, using Contrition it means we got to start the Atonement blanket 3 seconds earlier than before, right? I changed the WA to give the warnings sooner, let's see how it goes at tonight's raid
    I intend on blanketing at the same time as before. The alternative is we would start casting PWR earlier and add in one extra PWR (for our Lights Wrath burst as an example). Because of the added 3 seconds, we can get 3 more Atonements out *or* choose to dps for an additional 3 seconds depending on the type of damage we are healing.

I intend on blanketing at the same time as before. The alternative is we would start casting PWR earlier and add in one extra PWR (for our Lights Wrath burst as an example). Because of the added 3 seconds, we can get 3 more Atonements out *or* choose to dps for an additional 3 seconds depending on the type of damage we are healing.
    Good point, I was thinking for LW burst when posted that. Dps might be better to top off the raid (or part of it ), it should be also better on the mana/heal ratio as well.

Updated: Fishbrul food was nerfed. Haste food is now the go-to choice.
    It was nerfed? How was it nerfed? I loved watching those bursts go off all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
    It was nerfed? How was it nerfed? I loved watching those bursts go off all the time!
    For me it used to deal 20-21k damage, now it's 6.8k

R.I.P.

So yeah, Blizzard is dead set on making sure that all damage proc effects are shit for Disc.

Wish we'd get some kind of blue response explaining their stance, at least. There's no point in using DPS trinkets for Disc when they do absolute terribad damage.

Added personal Angelic Feather macro:

Personal Angelic Feather Macro (@player)
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player] Angelic Feather
    /stopspelltarget
    the real MVP
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-10-25 at 10:37 PM.

Oh, blizz also nerfed the damage proc from the food? Why blizz hate so much we could do damage?

Danm I really can't understand that objective of let all damage procs on dusts. But the fact of blizz saying he wants that disciplines took dps trinkets seems to be the biggest joke of all times on wow.

I am starting to feel really angry with all that ****** situation on discipline from blizzard

For anyone interested about how the changes impacted the mana... just played a bit at Elerethe Heroic kill - 5:00 minutes and Shield Discipline gave me 484.000 mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Franarok View Post
    Oh, blizz also nerfed the damage proc from the food? Why blizz hate so much we could do damage?

Danm I really can't understand that objective of let all damage procs on dusts. But the fact of blizz saying he wants that disciplines took dps trinkets seems to be the biggest joke of all times on wow.

I am starting to feel really angry with all that ****** situation on discipline from blizzard
    Damage procs for disc must reflect the ratio between the damage disc is supposed to do and what damage dealers do, otherwise they end up unbalanced compared to the alternatives if those alternatives are balanced for damage dealers.

For disc, a flat increase to dps would always outperform a flat increase to healing or stats, if those are balanced for other specs.
    Thus they need to get rescaled for us. The items offering a flat dps increase that is.

If disc is supposed to do 50% of the damage of a generic damage dealer then that is the percentage of damage we must get out of dps trinkets, if it is 10% then we must get only 10% of the strength of the proc others would get.

Which Neck Enchant are yall using in legion? I started off trying Mark of the Ancient Priestess, but it was so underwhelming. Somewhere between 1-2% of my total healing. Then I tried Hidden Satyr, which I thought was a great damage proc for atonement. Until I read that it doesn't count for atonement because it's the satyr that casts it, and I was just too dumb to notice it wasn't proccing atonement. Mark of the Claw seems to offer the best stats, but I'm not sure a random proc fits the disc healing style. Trained Soldier offers the most stable amount of stats, but mastery is kinda blah. I have yet to test anything with Distant Army, but it might be next.
    Last edited by animus123; 2016-10-26 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    If disc is supposed to do 50% of the damage of a generic damage dealer then that is the percentage of damage we must get out of dps trinkets, if it is 10% then we must get only 10% of the strength of the proc others would get.
    The problem is that damage procs have been nerfed into the ground so hard that they're horribly underwhelming compared to stat bonuses.

Blizzard said they wanted Disc to be able to use DPS trinkets....yeah, we CAN use them, but they're shit compared to pretty much everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by tuxie View Post
    For anyone interested about how the changes impacted the mana... just played a bit at Elerethe Heroic kill - 5:00 minutes and Shield Discipline gave me 484.000 mana.
    Yep, I was a bit worried at first, losing both PI and Mindbender (for Contrition and Shield Disc) but my mana was fine throughout H EN.

Quote Originally Posted by animus123 View Post
    Which Neck Enchant are yall using in legion? I started off trying Mark of the Ancient Priestess, but it was so underwhelming. Somewhere between 1-2% of my total healing. Then I tried Hidden Satyr, which I thought was a great damage proc for atonement. Until I read that it doesn't count for atonement because it's the satyr that casts it, and I was just too dumb to notice it wasn't proccing atonement. Mark of the Claw seems to offer the best stats, but I'm not sure a random proc fits the disc healing style. Trained Soldier offers the most stable amount of stats, but mastery is kinda blah. I have yet to test anything with Distant Army, but it might be next.
    Mark of the Claw is the best choice right now.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The problem is that damage procs have been nerfed into the ground so hard that they're horribly underwhelming compared to stat bonuses.

Blizzard said they wanted Disc to be able to use DPS trinkets....yeah, we CAN use them, but they're shit compared to pretty much everything else.
    Actually, they aren't. They are balanced for disc like this.
    I just explained why.

They feel underwhelming, but if they were stronger then they would automatically outperform all other trinkets for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Actually, they aren't. They are balanced for disc like this.
    I just explained why.

They feel underwhelming, but if they were stronger then they would automatically outperform all other trinkets for us.
    They wouldn't, because of mana trinkets. Compared to other healing trinkets? Perhaps, but that isn't so bad if we benefit from dps trinkets more than healing throughput trinkets that we don't use anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark of the Claw is the best choice right now.
    Satyr definitely has a place in mythic dungeons if pushing higher difficulties.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    They wouldn't, because of mana trinkets. Compared to other healing trinkets? Perhaps, but that isn't so bad if we benefit from dps trinkets more than healing throughput trinkets that we don't use anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Satyr definitely has a place in mythic dungeons if pushing higher difficulties.
    Yep. I just default to answering every questions as if it's a raid question because of the nature of the guide. :P

Yep. I just default to answering every questions as if it's a raid question because of the nature of the guide. :P
    Write a dungeon guide too then gogo!
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future