Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Who decides what is and is not the "Press"?
    Courts are generally held responsible for interpretation of the Constitution in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Who decides what is and is not the "Press"?
    Press credentials are a good first place to look. So a NYT Reporter with a press ID is probably in all likelihood "press" while a random bullshit blogger on the internet usually is not.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

You know who is feeding Wikileaks and it's not like it's impossible to make changes to the information.

How the fuck are you suppose to trust them?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    well you could read it on someone elses computer, then they are the ones in possession, not you. right? :P or is that not a loophole that works?
    I believe this would work, but you may be liable if you don't report them to the police.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Hardly. Some had a strong notion of who he'd nominate. Those nominees still went through the same normal process everyone else does. Again, none of this is surprising because these people do in fact talk to each other.
    Quote from this article:
    https://newrepublic.com/article/1377...illary-clinton

Michael Froman, who is now U.S. trade representative but at the time was an executive at Citigroup, wrote an email to Podesta on October 6, 2008, with the subject “Lists.” Froman used a Citigroup email address. He attached three documents: a list of women for top administration jobs, a list of non-white candidates, and a sample outline of 31 cabinet-level positions and who would fill them. “The lists will continue to grow,” Froman wrote to Podesta, “but these are the names to date that seem to be coming up as recommended by various sources for senior level jobs.”

The cabinet list ended up being almost entirely on the money. It correctly identified Eric Holder for the Justice Department, Janet Napolitano for Homeland Security, Robert Gates for Defense, Rahm Emanuel for chief of staff, Peter Orszag for the Office of Management and Budget, Arne Duncan for Education, Eric Shinseki for Veterans Affairs, Kathleen Sebelius for Health and Human Services, Melody Barnes for the Domestic Policy Council, and more. For the Treasury, three possibilities were on the list: Robert Rubin, Larry Summers, and Timothy Geithner.
    Yeah this guy was essentially in charge of setting up much of Obama's administration, and the media never reported on him.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    You know who is feeding Wikileaks and it's not like it's impossible to make changes to the information.

How the fuck are you suppose to trust them?
    You're not. Just like you're not supposed to trust the media. These days, you gotta read and watch more than one source to verify them against each other. Only chance you got at not dying a stupid man.

(Not saying you're stupid, but you may become stupid by indoctrination if you only rely on one source.)
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    What in there is supposed to trouble me? He's not deciding who fills the roles. The worst you can say about the email is that a politically connected man on Wall Street had a good handle on who the Administration intended to nominate.

That's Kremlin-tier misdirection. The video, and OP.

Deleted
    Filling roles is what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So un-American of you.
    What's un american about that? people are fined for fraud and lies all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    What's un american about that? people are fined for fraud and lies all the time...
    What fraud? And lying isn't a crime or civil infraction in the US in general. You'd have to show slander or something.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    That's Kremlin-tier misdirection. The video, and OP.
    Hey, if the Kremlin can get Trump to read Russian propaganda to his cheering supporters, surely the Kremlin can have success swaying the opinion of people on the internet!

Who are they defaming? Slandering?

- - - Updated - - -

Illegally obtained materials and information tends to be illegal to possess, unless you're the press. The DNC has a legal privacy right.
    They are disseminating false information. Oh wait, sounds like what your average politician does each and everyday. They should be fined too. In fact, fine 'em all and send the checks to me, I will sort this all out in a truthful and honest manner.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I wasn't aware that "possess" and "read" were the same word. You learn something new every day.
    Technically when you read something online, you possess it - as it is stored on your computer in your browser cache folder.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Someone carry out that clintard by the nape before things get violent in here, it's difficult to tolerate that subliminal fangirlism.

Infracted

Yep, whistle and the dogs will holler. You're pathetic
    Last edited by KevyB; 2016-10-17 at 08:56 AM.

They are disseminating false information. Oh wait, sounds like what your average politician does each and everyday. They should be fined too. In fact, fine 'em all and send the checks to me, I will sort this all out in a truthful and honest manner.
    Again, lying is a constitutionally protected right outside of very specific circumstances.

The thing that makes it seem like he does mean to say that it is illegal to read the documents is that he says "it is different for the media"

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    well he says its illegal to possess, not to read, which is a bit different i suppose. though im not sure how acurate he is with the "only the media has the right to read these" bit
    Solution! Go to a public library, it technically won't be your possession, it would be the government's!

Again, lying is a constitutionally protected right outside of very specific circumstances.
    I know, I just think it is pretty disgusting that they tried to deceive their viewership in such a low ball fashion. I'm not sure they had any dignity before this (probably not) but there goes the last shred of it, but I guess they will do anything for their "goddess."

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, I just think it is pretty disgusting that they tried to deceive their viewership in such a low ball fashion. I'm not sure they had any dignity before this (probably not) but there goes the last shred of it, but I guess they will do anything for their "goddess."
    Strangely enough, the only people who seem fooled are the same ones that say they never view the "Clinton News Network" due to its bias.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-