Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Why is it surprising? We are a nation born from a revolutionary spirit. I refer you to my earlier post (addressed towards people claiming his statement was sedition):
    Struggling to think of many nations that don't have a revolution as some point they can point to. Fetishizing it though is certainly an American thing. Undermining the legitimacy of elected government is not behavior we should accept from people we put to such lofty positions though.

Sedition? No, the bar is rightfully higher than this. But it is certainly shameful behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The Justice Department needs to start prosecuting these elected GOP nutjobs and charging them with sedition when they make these kinds of comments.
    Funny thing is there are nutjobs on all sides. And fortunately freedom of speech prevents being charged for such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Struggling to think of many nations that don't have a revolution as some point they can point to. Fetishizing it though is certainly an American thing. Undermining the legitimacy of elected government is not behavior we should accept from people we put to such lofty positions though.
    To my knowledge, no nation ever (up to that point) had successfully broken away from the control of their empire through revolt. Britain was one of the dominant badass empires of its day and was considered unbeatable, and the idea of overthrowing them and winning our freedom was seen by many as an impossibility. Even the other colonies of Britain got their independence through peaceful diplomacy.

That's why we've romanticized it so much.

To my knowledge, no nation ever (up to that point) had successfully broken away from the control of their empire through revolt. Britain was one of the dominant badass empires of its day and was considered unbeatable, and the idea of overthrowing them and winning our freedom was seen by many as an impossibility. Even the other colonies of Britain got their independence through peaceful diplomacy.

That's nice. Bevin is still being wildly irresponsible.

Deleted
    That's nice. Bevin is still being wildly irresponsible.
    In your opinion. In many others opinions there is nothing either "wild" or "irresponsible" at all about his opinion. And that is the greatest thing about this country - your opinion is not the only one that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    In your opinion. In many others opinions there is nothing either "wild" nor "irresponsible" at all about his opinion. And that is the greatest thing about this country - your opinion is not the only one that matters.
    Thank you Every Guy On The Internet. I'm well aware you and others have different opinions. Calling for violent revolution as a political ploy or because you simply dislike what the government is doing is fucking terrible though. Violence is the last option. No rational person could claim all other options have been exhausted.

Sedition? No, the bar is rightfully higher than this. But it is certainly shameful behavior.
    That's the thing... what the Dumpsters are calling cause for a "Revolution" is something not only unbelievably petty and stupid (Everybody from the FBI to every Media station in the world to Scientists are all in a massive global conspiracy!) - but in many cases outright doesn't exist (votes being "rigged").

Deleted
    Calling for violent revolution as a political ploy or because you simply dislike what the government is doing is fucking terrible though. Violence is the last option. No rational person could claim all other options have been exhausted.
    Tell that to the guy's that fought against Taxation Without Representation. Pretty sure they "simply disliked" what the government was doing.

You do understand just exactly why the 2nd amendment exists...right?
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-10-17 at 05:25 AM.

your opinion is not the only one that matters.
    Facts should matter - not your damn selfish self-motivated blind opinion.

tell that to the guy's that fought against Taxation Without Representation. Pretty sure they "simply disliked" what the government was doing and that they were pretty rational. You do understand just exactly why the 2nd amendment exists...right?
    Are you trying to equate the American public's position now to prior to the Revolutionary war? Or are you just rambling?

Because as far as I can tell you're mostly just trying to justify violence as a response to an election not going the way you want.

Deleted
    Because as far as I can tell you're mostly just trying to justify violence as a response to an election not going the way you want.
    Who said it wasn't going the way I want? Oh, you? The media? LOL...okay. I am not too worried about it, the media has thrown everything and 2 kitchen sinks at Trump and he is still just fine. To paraphrase Mark Twain, "The reports of Trump's death are greatly exaggerated."

You do realize this was 1776 AD we're talking about here, civilizations and empires had been around for a good 6000 years by that point. Do you really think that there had been no successful revolutions up until that point?

Also, I love how the same people who are always talking about how great it would be to overthrow the government just so happen to be the same ones who want to label Black Lives Matter as a terrorist group and give police unlimited authority to shoot and kill as they see fit.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2016-10-17 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Also, I love how the same people who are always talking about how great it would be to overthrow the government just so happen to be the same ones who want to label Black Lives Matter as a terrorist group and give police unlimited authority to shoot and kill as they see fit.
    I think at least a few of them want a revolution just so they can put Black Lives Matter somewhere else. Maybe give them their own little country so they can ignore them. More likely give them unmarked graves.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think at least a few of them want a revolution just so they can put Black Lives Matter somewhere else. Maybe give them their own little country so they can ignore them. More likely give them unmarked graves.
    They're certainly welcome to try that, but they should probably realize that our justice system isn't stuck in the 1850s anymore, and that you can't simply go around murdering black people for the hell of it and not face the consequences anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Who said it wasn't going the way I want? Oh, you? The media? LOL...okay. I am not too worried about it, the media has thrown everything and 2 kitchen sinks at Trump and he is still just fine. To paraphrase Mark Twain, "The reports of Trump's death are greatly exaggerated."
    The media has thrown everything and 2 kitchen sinks at Trump and I'm still thick enough to not be convinced he's a sleazy, impulsive manchild with no sense of morals whose one and only trick is to spout out a bunch of attractive-sounding phrases which expose themselves as utterly meaningless when viewed from a broader perspective.*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Alright, what's next, conservatives have a grand plan to reinstate slavery?

What's enough is enough, stop being silly.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-10-17 at 06:13 AM.

Dismiss polling if you like, just don't act like its a conspiracy when it turns out to be accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The media has thrown everything and 2 kitchen sinks at Trump and I'm still thick enough to not be convinced he's a sleazy, impulsive manchild with no sense of morals whose one and only trick is to spout out a bunch of attractive-sounding phrases which expose themselves as utterly meaningless when viewed at from a broader perspective.*
    Don't candy coat it, tell me how you really feel, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell that to the guy's that fought against Taxation Without Representation. Pretty sure they "simply disliked" what the government was doing.

You do understand just exactly why the 2nd amendment exists...right?
    Even if you want to make an argument about fighting tyranny let's be honest that's not what is happening here. There's no evidence that the election is rigged in any way while there's plenty of evidence to suggest that Trump is just making things up a la birtherism.

Deleted
    Ideologies don't need any protection. If people are increasingly abandoning conservatism then it's just not for them because it's in conflict with their values.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kentucky resident here.

I tried talking to some locals about this. The scariest part is that most of the people I talked to couldn't even tell me who Matt Bevin was. Yee haw, I guess.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.