Thread: Fix my healing

Deleted

Fix my healing

So here is a log from our best attempt on mythic ursoc. I feel like my healing is a bit on the low side and that I can improve it in some way. I welcome any criticism or pointers that you guys would be able to give me. Thanks in advance.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&fight=14

cloud burst totem babe

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=2

The highest ranked shaman had a fight about your fight length and did a full chain heal build for it. You might try that if you have the gear for it, but you guys are 4 healing while they were 3 healing. If you're going for improved healing numbers you need to make sure you're being used appropriately, if not enough damage is going out to justify a 4th healer then the meters won't reflect performance, they reflect who covered the needed healing the quickest. This effectly caps your contribution, where higher ranked healers were able to more fully use their cooldowns. Also, quickest healing/topoff situations really hurt shamans who need deep healing to get the most out of their stats. Our ideal raid is a raid that's nearly dead and desperate for big numbers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Without going into a lot of detail, you seem to have some issues with when to pop a spell. That might not be your fault if someone else is calling out cds, but your healing tide on the pull you linked had almost 50% overhealing. What times are you using your healing tide and where are you dropping it? If you look at the logs that Hatchetman linked, Maevey's tide hit everyone almost the same # of times with little variation where yours are highly varying numbers (and yes, I looked at the deaths, those people have an excuse).

Another thing is you're specced for Ancestral Guidance, but on plenty of your pulls you're only using it once where you could be using it 3 times and ultimately saving a little mana between your healers.

Side note: Don't have super high expectation for parses. Between 4 healing it, pulling 40k dps, no legendary, and being 6+ traits behind, you're at a disadvantage on rankings. From what I can tell, it's not healing that's an issue. It's your (ex?)guild not having enough damage for a gear check fight. I'm not sure why they wouldn't do Elerethe before Ursoc.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    @TigerTiddles I'm actually the one calling for cd usage. I think the reason my tide does so much over healing is because I'm popping it down just before the charge in order to make sure everyone is topped. As for guidance that is a misplay on my part, I am saving it for a certain charge but I could be using it more often. But yes we do lack dps and I am rather behind gear wise and trait wise as I recently rerolled a little over two weeks ago.

I found this very helpful. Thank you.