Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What's the point in an AP grind now? If you haven't cleared having 1% extra damage on Pyroblast or some shit isn't gonna suddenly boost your rank by 300. Too many people mistake themselves for hardcore and think what the top 100 are doing is what they need to be doing.

Grind yo herbs
    Do yo 4 WQs for the cache
    Get on them Mythic+ on the weekend

But don't trick yourself into thinking it's necessary for you to do every single AP WQ whilst you're sat wiping on the 3rd boss of the instance or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    i'm curious as to what major you were, because i dont have too much free time to devote to the game
    I'm pretty sure his point was that no matter how busy you think you are at the baccalaureate level of education, you have even less time afterward.

Obviously, post-graduate time management and commitments will vary from person to person, so it's hard to say that one period in someone's life will be busier or less so.

I had considerably more time to play the game during my education (three years baccalaureate, three years law school) than I do now, and I did quite well in school, so it wasn't a matter of deciding not to study and instead play the game. There's also the addition of spouses and dependents and whatnot. I have been increasingly baffled at how much time upkeep of my home takes from my hobbies, for example.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    Most definitely. I got the 3rd gold talent in my spriest weapon a few days ago. I have 7 points left before the stacking buff thing: 3 in Shadow Word: Death damage (which is ok, not great, but not terrible), 3 in Mind Sear (lol), and one point in a heal from Vampiric Touch that maxes out at 150k hp.

None of these are super exciting, or big buffs in any way, so I am taking it much easier on the WQs for now.
    like for uh dk last few traits you get is what slow on deathgrip, more rp generation which often youre flooded bye alraedy. Yeah so usefull to get those

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I started a minor in computer science but I didn't like theory and hated discrete math so I didn't bother continuing.
    yeah the discrete math gets a bit silly, but im too deep in to quit at this point lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    I'm pretty sure his point was that no matter how busy you think you are at the baccalaureate level of education, you have even less time afterward.

Obviously, post-graduate time management and commitments will vary from person to person, so it's hard to say that one period in someone's life will be busier or less so.

I had considerably more time to play the game during my education (three years baccalaureate, three years law school) than I do now, and I did quite well in school, so it wasn't a matter of deciding not to study and instead play the game. There's also the addition of spouses and dependents and whatnot. I have been increasingly baffled at how much time upkeep of my home takes from my hobbies, for example.
    i suppose it boils down to how you schedule your time in school and what job you actually get once you're in the field.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

yeah the discrete math gets a bit silly, but im too deep in to quit at this point lol

- - - Updated - - -

i suppose it boils down to how you schedule your time in school and what job you actually get once you're in the field.
    There are definitely a lot of variables, but I certainly find myself inundated with obligations now, and I had next to none of them when I was earning a first-level degree; I admit I was a lot busier in graduate school, but still not as much as I am now, and I work fairly tame hours for an American lawyer as I don't work for a law firm.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    There are definitely a lot of variables, but I certainly find myself inundated with obligations now, and I had next to none of them when I was earning a first-level degree; I admit I was a lot busier in graduate school, but still not as much as I am now, and I work fairly tame hours for an American lawyer as I don't work for a law firm.
    makes me a bit scared to pursue IP law after i graduate lol. that was the tentative plan, at least
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Blizzard weren't happy with a whole 1% of players clearing mythic raids, that was far too casual, they managed to cut it down somewhat with the removal of 10m but really wanted to get it into the 0.x% bracket so here we are.
    Does that story come with a tinfoil head or do I have to fold my own ?
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    than the highly contested herbs.
    This makes it sound a whole lot more negligible than it is. Fact is pots have never been as expensive to produce and other profession didn't go that ridiculous either.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    IMO AP shouldn't have been something tied to players, it should have been a simple stacking buff that everyone got which ramped up as the expansion progressed. Thus allowing simple catchup for people who were late to the expansion or forced to reroll.
    It's just poorly designed as is most of Legion. It's tied to an exponentially increasing modifier making it clear that they intended for AP to be a time-gated thing. It's clear based on how long the research takes that they intend for people to be 35 points for NH and intended 25-27 in EN (you can do it slightly faster if you put in more time, but only by a point or two because your gain rate is linear within each AK level and the cost growth of them is always exponential). It would've made everything simpler to just put a global cap and make AP drop from everything like it does, but make it require only a few hours a week play time to catch up (so at 2 weeks the cap is X points and anyone can just go do some content to catch up) with linearly growing AP requirements or even constant requirements until the AA traits. It achieves the same thing: requires play time to grow your character and guarantees character growth over time. It also has the benefit of not leaving alts and new players mid expansion screwed (the 1 AK per day still has a negative effect after a few months into the expansion for anyone not maintaining the research).

The AP system and the Legendary RNG (+ TF) systems all make each other redundant. You don't need every character growth award in the game tied to just repeating more of the same boring/trivial content endlessly. That's ultimately what hurts this expansion the most. Players can be encouraged to play more without constructing an endless carrot/stick situation with diminishing returns. Just putting out more content alone would've sufficed for 99% of people. And this whole system has damaged mythic raiding because it shifts things even further away from raiding itself, furthering the damage of the negative decisions made in previous expansions (split difficulties, extremely powerful tier/trinkets, WF/sockets, etc).

Discrete is intro stuff, the good stuff is algebras and analytics (esp. algebraic geometry and functional analysis). I liked probability and statistics as well, but I found it hilarious that 90% of the class didn't understand the theory even though they were math majors.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-10-19 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So who here is actually raiding mythic? Cause throughout reading the thread, I have a feeling yall are just trying to find a negative and in actuality, aren't really that good players and can't satisfy certain log percentiles or meet dps requirements with execution...

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    So who here is actually raiding mythic? Cause throughout reading the thread, I have a feeling yall are just trying to find a negative and in actuality, aren't really that good players and can't satisfy certain log percentiles or meet dps requirements with execution...
    Just lol if you think you can rank 95% if you're lagging behind in AP and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    It use to be all about your skill, but now its all about how much time you spend grinding AP and mythic +.

I'm sorry Blizzard but unless you are in college or high school, nobody has time to be grinding this much every day.
    I work an 8 to 6 job and also work some nights at a local bar and I manage as well. Currently playing two specs too.
    After work I log for about 2-3 hours to do the dailies and M+ I need to do. I raid Mythic twice a week, and go out almost every day.
    I sleep at 1-2am, wake up at 7-8 am.

Just organize yourself and work/play with priorities in mind.

Deleted
    Think OP is mixing up mythic raiding with world first race...
    You're not being held back from mythic raiding if you're not playing 24/7 asuming sufficient skill. But you have no chance in hell to be a top 10 guild without a metric shitload of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    I work an 8 to 6 job and also work some nights at a local bar and I manage as well. Currently playing two specs too.
    After work I log for about 2-3 hours to do the dailies and M+ I need to do. I raid Mythic twice a week, and go out almost every day.
    I sleep at 1-2am, wake up at 7-8 am.

Just organize yourself and work/play with priorities in mind.
    because organizing your life around computer game is sooo healthy -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because organizing your life around computer game is sooo healthy -_-
    It's a choice... It's not like WoW is my life or controls my life. It's just that I enjoy the game with friends enough to play it during X hours.
    It's a game after all, if I wouldn't be playing WoW I would be playing another game anyway.

If you're not enjoying the game, stop playing it or play it at your own pace but don't expect to earn as much AP level as someone who plays more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Just lol if you think you can rank 95% if you're lagging behind in AP and gear.
    If you think DPS ranks in general represent anything worthwhile then you are just outright trash anyway. The best players would sacrifice good ranks if it meant killing the boss faster. Looking at your post history you start threads that are boring, pointless and all around garbage and then proceed to trash talk anyone who doesn't agree with you. Your opinion counts for literally zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Trizades View Post
    If you think DPS ranks in general represent anything worthwhile then you are just outright trash anyway. The best players would sacrifice good ranks if it meant killing the boss faster. Looking at your post history you start threads that are boring, pointless and all around garbage and then proceed to trash talk anyone who doesn't agree with you. Your opinion counts for literally zero.
    That's just what people with bad ranks say LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found the only thing ruining mythic raiding is Blizzard's servers lagging during raid time

Mythic was cleared faster then ever. If you need more/better gear to beat the content then the problem is you. Not your gear.

Shifting from skill towards rng and/or persistent grinding to define the outcome of one's fate is pretty much Blizzard's wet dream of one big happy family where everyone is equal or at least "scrubs/elitists" don't have defining characteristics based on skill, so I don't see why you are surprised that they are trying to push towards this goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.