10+ Year Old Account

M Dragons - Lumbering Mindgorger DPS requ

Was wondering if anyone can provide the exact HP and time until the energy is at 100 on the Mythic Dragon adds, trying to determine the DPS requirement for teams of 2, 3, 4 DPS etc respectively.

My guild just progressed on that boss for 3h and we killed it our last attempt of the night.

Note the dps of the Mindgorger was never a problem for us.
    Mostly learning the fight cause neither hc or normal tough us anything due to how poor dmg wise the mechanics are there and can be ignored.

But this is what we did.
    1st portal it activates at 90% but i recommend your people to be inside the portal at 91-92% of the boss
    2nd portal is active at 60% but i recommend for them to be inside at 62-63%
    3rd portal is active at 30% and again i recommend for them to be inside and wait for the add to spawn at 32-33%.

We used this setup for portal
    Portal 1 - resto druid, dh, rogue, enh shaman
    Portal 2 - resto druid, dh, rogue, enh shaman, unholy dk
    Portal 3 - resto druid, dh, rogue, enh shaman, unholy dk

Note if you bring a healer that can put some dps in aka monk/disc priest it is possible to not need 5 ppl fr portal 2 and 3.
    But we decide not to risk going with less ppl even tough our druid was doing 2-3% of the adds health on portal 2-3 some times if ppl don't play correctly we were short of 1-2% aka wiping the raid so we just added a 5th person to smooth those things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Ebalina, and grats on your kill, but I do know all this =) What i'm looking for are the exact HP values and the timer for their energy, so I can decide on 3 or 4 DPS for my groups.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Thanks Ebalina, and grats on your kill, but I do know all this =) What i'm looking for are the exact HP values and the timer for their energy, so I can decide on 3 or 4 DPS for my groups.
    57.7M HP, ± a few. Wowhead says it takes them 80 seconds to reach full energy. Looking at our logs, it seems like a little faster than that, more like 60-65 seconds, based on the rate at which they gain energy. But we've never had one reach full, so maybe it slows down as it nears 100? So being able to do 1M DPS would definitely suffice. 750K might be sufficient, if it really is 80 seconds. Both of those numbers assume you're using close to the full time allotted, but it's not hugely inefficient to kill them earlier, though. One more person needs to make the run, maybe. But if you're pushing the edge of what's possible, you'll need to make sure your squad is through the portal right on time, otherwise you're going to get a late start and wipe. The fight isn't really a race.

After it reaches full energy it has to wind up its big attack, which is a long cast (~10 seconds I think).
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygorl View Post
    57.7M HP, ± a few. Wowhead says it takes them 80 seconds to reach full energy. Looking at our logs, it seems like a little faster than that, more like 60-65 seconds, based on the rate at which they gain energy. But we've never had one reach full, so maybe it slows down as it nears 100? So being able to do 1M DPS would definitely suffice. 750K might be sufficient, if it really is 80 seconds. Both of those numbers assume you're using close to the full time allotted, but it's not hugely inefficient to kill them earlier, though. One more person needs to make the run, maybe. But if you're pushing the edge of what's possible, you'll need to make sure your squad is through the portal right on time, otherwise you're going to get a late start and wipe. The fight isn't really a race.
    Aight cheers for the numbers.