Is demo better than destruction for high mythic plus?

Implosion build seems to be very good at high mythic +. Implosion makes you destroy every 4+ pulls and your single target dps is very good ( better than destruction ) most times. The only situation i see destruction beat demo are 2 target cleave. everything else demonology beats destruction lol

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    Implosion build seems to be very good at high mythic +. Implosion makes you destroy every 4+ pulls and your single target dps is very good ( better than destruction ) most times. The only situation i see destruction beat demo are 2 target cleave. everything else demonology beats destruction lol
    destro is more mobile and is more tanky in general (low cds on defensives, good shit lads). On the other hand, demo should do more damage overall and provides an extra stun which is VERY useful.

Both specs are very viable, just depends on group/affixes/gear

I've not seen anything to suggest demo would do more dmg than destro in M+. I imagine you'd see any on the leaderboards for it if they did, yet its almost exclusively destro.

The standard destro build is fairly well rounded for all situations.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm not going to believe demo is a good mythic+ spec until I see a video. I've seen LOTS of people talk about it on here but I haven't seen any evidence to back it up.

Demo's main issue with high Mythic+ is it suffers from bad ramp up time. You'll notice that the top M+ specs in the game are all classes with very high on-demand burst. It's the reason why Beast Mastery is actually very strong in M+; they have very bad ST in raids, but in M+ dungeons they just blow all of their burst at the start and by the time it starts to wear off the boss is dead. Also they have Stampede, which is probably the best AoE move in the game.

Demo takes way too long to get its DPS rolling. Destro on the other hand with Lord of Flames/Portals/Chaos Bolt spam early on in a fight can do very high damage. In addition it's great on a lot of bosses in way that Demo isn't. Anything with +1 add and I think Destro wins... which is almost every Mythic dungeon fight.

I've actually been getting higher overall numbers in mythic+ NOT taking implosion and instead taking darkglare/improved dreadstalkers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    I'm not going to believe demo is a good mythic+ spec until I see a video. I've seen LOTS of people talk about it on here but I haven't seen any evidence to back it up.
    Sorry for my super late reply, I kept forgetting to come back to this. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/...ortslist/33060 I know that sorting through things is still really crappy on warcraftlogs, but I play with Syllinara a lot and am exclusively Demo. You'll find me in a lot of his logs. Is this kind of what you are looking for, or are you more interested in seeing successful 10+ runs?

My friends aren't very interested in doing more than getting up to and then toughing out a 10 for the max ilvl gear, so I haven't got a fair shot at those yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know, I did not try Demo in high M+ personally, but I am sure it will take a lot more effort and skill to pull it out compared to Destruction which is both one of the better high M+ specs and very versatile in how it can fit almost every situation imaginable.

As someone who mains demo, it's pretty good, although destruction is technically better at cleaving on multiple important targets, where as implosion is a bit less versatile. Overall though I'd say the spec does pretty well, and it's actually a lot more flexible then people give it credit for. Also having axe toss and shadowfury is really nice.

To be fair I might be slightly biased since recurrent ritual really cuts down on ramp when going from one trash pack to another.

- - - Updated - - -

PM me in two months when I no longer have a shit tier CPU and I'll make one for you lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=w32JTxw33PI

Demo warlock running deathglare and implosion, still has nasty boss dps and the aoe is insane. In other runs he's just used the single target build to kill bosses while the other class aoes (and the third dps is always a pug who afks). He has the bracers if anyone is wondering (+30% damage after doom/infernal).

This run (as of the 18th anyway) ranks 6 on warcraftlogs (although unfortunately we weren't logging at the time). We thought it was a world first run (beat the wowprogress record at the time) but wowprogress isn't updating M+ correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox
    PM me in two months when I no longer have a shit tier CPU and I'll make one for you lol.
    I got you bb
    Last edited by Fellifel; 2016-10-20 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellifel View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=w32JTxw33PI

Demo warlock running deathglare and implosion, still has nasty boss dps and the aoe is insane. In other runs he's just used the single target build to kill bosses while the other class aoes (and the third dps is always a pug who afks). He has the bracers if anyone is wondering (+30% damage after doom/infernal).

This run (as of the 18th anyway) ranks 6 on warcraftlogs (although unfortunately we weren't logging at the time). We thought it was a world first run (beat the wowprogress record at the time) but wowprogress isn't updating M+ correctly.

I got you bb
    The demon hunter crushed the warlock in damage, while playing a spec that is so much simpler. Hell, the warlock barely beat the tank on the last boss.

Why we looking at a +2?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done here is a +9 arcway and here https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done is a +7 arcway

It is probably worth noting Grinthe has legendary shoulders and belt while Nimadebi has none (okay he has boots but those dont count)

Deleted
    Looking very much forward to testing out destruction, played it in Draenor but it's a little different.

Deleted
    I'm a demo main and so far the only class I've had beaten me on Mythic+ 7-10 is an Enhancement Shaman.

So far I have a hard time understanding how Destro could possible be better. Ramp has no real relevenance on high Mythic+ because nothing gets bursted down quickly, atleast not to quickly for Demo to fully ramp up, even though it doesn't actually need that much time to ramp up anyway.

It has great AoE, great Singletarget, fairly mobile on AoE (more so than Destro), not to mention tankier (unless I missed something).

Sure it doesn't cleave 2 targets as well as Destro, but the amount of times you are only killing 2 targets is really rare.

If you want to look at hard data, check logs. /rankings/9#metric=dps&class=Warlock&keystone=11

When specifically looking at locks for +9 runs on up you have 1-3 out of the top 10 running demo. You can say destro is the best bet/go-to spec for higher level mythic+.. that being said for most players it really just comes down to your gear and playstyle.
    Last edited by sbspam; 2016-10-22 at 05:26 AM.