Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Predictions for the rest of Legion

7.1 is approaching which will continue the story begun in 7.0. I have some ideas about how the rest of Legion might unfold, based on speculation and tid-bits we've gotten about the future:

End of 7.0/Nighthold- Gul'dan tries to summon Sargeras's spirit and infuse it into Illidan's body in the Nighthold, turning Illidan's body into the new Avatar of Sargeras. We manage to stop it, killing Gul'dan and banishing Sargeras, but Illidan's body is lost, pulled into the Nether.

7.1 - Helya is slain, breaking the curse over the Halls of Valor. Odyn and his Valarjar are freed and join the battle against the Burning Legion, who are bringing through troops in greater numbers than ever.

7.2 - Azeroth's forces are barely holding against the Burning Legion, who have constructed a massive demon city on the Broken Shore around the Tomb of Sargeras. As if things weren't grim enough, a strange new land-mass suddenly rises south of the Broken Isles - Ny'alotha, ancient city of the Old Gods, where the Titanforged bound and chained the Old God N'Zoth. N'Zoth's bindings are finally failing, and the Old God is about to break free. He summons his strongest servants to Ny'alotha, including the naga, to defend him until he can break his bindings completely. The Alliance and the Horde are sent to destroy N'Zoth while the Titanforged and the Valarjar hold the line against the Legion. The forces of Azeroth suffer great casualties just reaching N'Zoth's prison, and just as N'Zoth is about to be destroyed, Azshara appears and offers an alternative - Azeroth is on the verge of being overrun by the Burning Legion, and is in desperate need of allies. Rather than destroy N'Zoth in a costly battle, Azshara suggests N'Zoth be set loose - N'Zoth agrees to turn all of his attention against the Legion and ignore Azeroth's mortals, for now. Knowing that N'Zoth wants the world to survive (if only so he can corrupt it later), Azeroth's mortals make the decision to release him - likely this will be done by someone hinted at in Il'gynoth's whispers, possibly Magni, Khadgar, Jaina, or whoever. There's candidates. N'Zoth's bindings are broken and the Old God is unfettered - true to his word, N'Zoth directs the naga and the faceless ones to assault the Burning Legion, ignoring the Alliance and the Horde. Azshara retreats.

End of Expansion - we push through the Tomb of Sargeras to Argus, meet up with the Army of Light, and destroy the place, killing Kil'jaden in the process (and Archimonde too, if he's even still alive). We come back to Azeroth, but the final battle occurs at the Tomb, with Illidan's body transformed into the new Avatar of Sargeras who attacks us there. During the encounter, Azeroth herself uses the five Pillars of Creation to transform someone (I'm guessing Jaina) into her own avatar - the Avatar of Azeroth joins us against the Possessed Illidan, driving Sargeras' soul out of Illidan's body. Sargeras' spirit then takes over his old avatar within the depths of the Tomb as one last ditch effort to attack us. Players + Azeroth's avatar battle Sargeras until Illidan's soul retakes his body and he becomes the Champion of Light. We destroy Sargeras, and Illidan goes off into the universe to gather the rest of the Army of Light and the naaru to begin preparing for the battle against the Void Lords. Meanwhile, we've got to stay behind and deal with Azshara and N'Zoth, who are missing, presumed up to no good. I figure this would be a good time for a great seas expansion or even an underworld expansion, going into the depths to try and stop N'Zoth from burrowing to the worldsoul within Azeroth.
    ___

Everyone share what your own thoughts and wishes are for what will happen during Legion!

7+ Year Old Account
    the nighthold comes after the stormheim raid tho :I

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were betting man, I'd also agree that the next expansion will be Azshara and/or N'Zoth.

To add to the final encounter, I think we will have to exhaust all of our Artifact weapon's power defeating the final boss. It's the only way they'll be able to free us from the system UNLESS they liked it and wish to continue with this 1 weapon system for the next expansion.

If not, then we'll have to use all of the weapon's mystical powers on final boss which will finally give out during patch 8.0 to prepare for the next expansion's new gig.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it. The weapon will have to be lost in an event that EVERYONE will have to participate in, not just the ones who killed the final raid boss. So an event will take place, possibly during 8.0 that will involve the players losing the artifact weapons. Maybe N'Zoth takes them and absorbs them/uses them against us or something.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-10-13 at 06:44 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If I were betting man, I'd also agree that the next expansion will be Azshara and/or N'Zoth.

To add to the final encounter, I think we will have to exhaust all of our Artifact weapon's power defeating the final boss. It's the only way they'll be able to free us from the system UNLESS they liked it and wish to continue with this 1 weapon system for the next expansion.

If not, then we'll have to use all of the weapon's mystical powers on final boss which will finally give out during patch 8.0 to prepare for the next expansion's new gig.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it. The weapon will have to be lost in an event that EVERYONE will have to participate in, not just the ones who killed the final raid boss. So an event will take place, possibly during 8.0 that will involve the players losing the artifact weapons. Maybe N'Zoth takes them and absorbs them/uses them against us or something.
    I think if they wanted to ditch the system, they'll just make a "please return your weapon to your order hall champion so it's in safekeeping" and make us turn it in as part of pre-expansion event or something. Writing out the Scythe of Elune, Ashbringer, and all these other supposedly super powerful weapons gives them less hooks to work with in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I think if they wanted to ditch the system, they'll just make a "please return your weapon to your order hall champion so it's in safekeeping" and make us turn it in as part of pre-expansion event or something. Writing out the Scythe of Elune, Ashbringer, and all these other supposedly super powerful weapons gives them less hooks to work with in the future.
    That wouldn't make sense though.

"OK, I see that N'Zoth, a threat (almost?) as big as the Legion is attacking the planet..... Please save us, hero! ..But first I ask that you return those powerful weapons to the order hall for safe keeping and go back to using that random green drop you got off that Murloc killing quest".
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted

"OK, I see that N'Zoth, a threat (almost?) as big as the Legion is attacking the planet..... Please save us, hero! ..But first I ask that you return those powerful weapons to the order hall for safe keeping and go back to using that random green drop you got off that Murloc killing quest".
    Hero for fun

Needs a troll raid somewhere in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

you may want to try again.
    blizzard already confirmed 3 raid tiers.
    so there will be a 7.3 and 7.4
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    But Ion has also recently said that a "tier" is a player made construct. Do not assume that a tier is denoted strictly by a "set bonus" For all we know, the tier they are speaking of is Emerald Nightmare, Nighthold (and Trials) and then the final raid is tomb of sargares. I could be reading between the lines, but he's stated that in multiple interviews lately so maybe they are settings us up for a "well, we told you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alienz View Post
    But Ion has also recently said that a "tier" is a player made construct. Do not assume that a tier is denoted strictly by a "set bonus" For all we know, the tier they are speaking of is Emerald Nightmare, Nighthold (and Trials) and then the final raid is tomb of sargares. I could be reading between the lines, but he's stated that in multiple interviews lately so maybe they are settings us up for a "well, we told you!"
    they are the ones that label the sets TierXX, its not player made.

Raid tier =/= Set tier.

Deleted
    Not enough trolls. This cannot pass.

They could easily do it if the next expansion doesn't start off with us up against a world shattering threat.

For that matter, the Scythe of Elune is easy. It explicitly says we can only control it for a limited time.

3 raid tiers this expansion and they finally released trying for yearly expansions didnt work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienz View Post
    Nighthold is still part of the first tier, same with Trial of Valor in 7.1. Emerald Dream is also part of the Launch Tier.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Already covered that.

raid tier 1 - Emerald Nightare & Nighthold
    raid tier 2 - Ny'alotha
    raid tier 3 - Argus/Tomb of Sargeras

And yeah, maybe a troll raid somewhere. Probably save Zandalar itself for an Azshara/Great Seas based expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Already covered that.

raid tier 1 - Emerald Nightare & Nighthold
    raid tier 2 - Ny'alotha
    raid tier 3 - Argus/Tomb of Sargeras

And yeah, maybe a troll raid somewhere. Probably save Zandalar itself for an Azshara/Great Seas based expansion though.
    so you dont want an old god expansion.
    how sad.

how sad.
    Nzoth forces are not big enought to be a main villain for a whole expantion, he is the only left there with the naga the rest of the servants of the old gods are dead, including the mantod

10+ Year Old Account
    how sad.
    Don't know what made you come to that conclusion, since I flat out set one up in my OP. And the post you quoted doesn't address anything like that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Don't know what made you come to that conclusion, since I flat out set one up in my OP. And the post you quoted doesn't address anything like that at all.
    If they're bold, they could decide next expansion another Old GOd hits the planet causing some global....trauma.

(Metroid Prime style like those phazon thingies randomly crashing on planets causing damage)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi