Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lollified View Post
    However there is not a fourth item on my list that says "4. I need to be doing more damage than Frost death knights"

So if they buff frost to be better than unholy I am fine with it. Leveling a second artifact is way way way easier than rerolling, leveling, doing all the artifact research and grinding all the reputations and what not.

Buffing frost doesn't make me any worse than before. Does not lower my damage. In fact it gives me an easier option.

I want buffs for both unholy and frost but I don't mind the better spec to change.
    I have to agree. The 250 AP of level 28 shattered any interested of me grinding another level out for my unholy weapon any time soon, so I just started pushing my blood and frost weapons now. For all I care they could let frost shine a bit now.. as long as there is one spec that actually works decently in raids (not just because the rest of the raid are cheapo lazies that don't pot/buff properly).
    Edit: The legendary situation is probably one of the things that's in the way for many. I'd probably not talk like that if I had instructor bracers.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-10-18 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i hope they buff the artifact ability the crystaline swords, its complete trash. does about 3% of our dps, i hope that gets buffed, and reduce sindragosa cooldown to 3mins
    5 min cd is bad (long)
    hypothermia proc% is bad i heard
    swords are atleast singletarget ok i feel like lol

like seriously, they could put the breath at 2 min cd that is still long you would still not completely explode and plow to the top on aoe fights..

also wtf is up with glacial cascade getting stuck against air and the smallest pebbles how did that shit pass testing, i hope the 7.1 fix works

i love your avatar btw :P
    Last edited by giniyo; 2016-10-18 at 05:27 PM.

All they're going to do is make Frost slightly less worthless than Unholy, but both specs will continue to be worthless at the current rate things are going.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    This is exactly what they talked about in the QA. If they buff Frost, even slightly above unholy alot of people are going to feel "forced" to swap. All the best players swap, and unholy actually see a drop in performance even if they get buffs aswell. I hope they stop doing the major buffs that have been the trend, and just make small adjustments untill things are balanced. Tiny tweaks are easier to balance than largescale changes.
    I really think this is bullshit and I wish people would get over it, so that in turn blizzard would get over it.

With my AK it's a joke to get your artifact within an acceptable level in not time at all. On my warlock I have all 3 at 24+.

It's not that damning to have to put more points into another artifact. It's a piss poor excuse for not getting buffed on some specs. Make everything competitive and if players feel inclined to switch, they know the cost. If they are close to each other the min/maxers that switch to chase a few K worth of damage that could just be a difference in RNG during a fight will be ok. I promise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    5 min cd is bad (long)

like seriously, they could put the breath at 2 min cd that is still long you would still not completely explode and plow to the top on aoe fights..

also wtf is up with glacial cascade getting stuck against air and the smallest pebbles how did that shit pass testing, i hope the 7.1 fix works

glacial cascade = glacial advance? yeah i love that talent but so frustrating using it for it to just go no where! really hope they manage to fix that, it happens way too often!

thanks, its from the art released by blizz at wod :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mongosaurus View Post
    I really think this is bullshit and I wish people would get over it, so that in turn blizzard would get over it.

With my AK it's a joke to get your artifact within an acceptable level in not time at all. On my warlock I have all 3 at 24+.

It's not that damning to have to put more points into another artifact. It's a piss poor excuse for not getting buffed on some specs. Make everything competitive and if players feel inclined to switch, they know the cost. If they are close to each other the min/maxers that switch to chase a few K worth of damage that could just be a difference in RNG during a fight will be ok. I promise.
    I've thought this way for a while. If you have 25 points in a main weapon, one more point costs more than going from 0-20 in a brand new artifact (enough to reach sindy & hypothermia for frost). Sure, you'll have 5 fewer traits in your new spec, but diminishing returns will kick in at some point (especially after 35 points in) and you'll be relatively caught up. If you think that the new spec is gonna do 5% more damage than the old one once it's up to snuff, then it's already time to change and you'll be damage positive in about a week.

I've been putting a few points into the blades over the last week--not because I was expecting them to get buffed, but rather just because I wanted to play around with the spec--I don't feel like I made a major sacrifice by boosting it to ~18 so far (for 66k AP). At this point, it's competing with putting another 2 seconds on dancing rune weapons or adding 1% stamina.

Ursoc? I was referring to last nights logs surrounding Illy, but that's fine. I will full on admit that Ursoc is not a DK friendly fights. Single target, we're below average true, but aside from Nyth, every fight in Mythic is at least 2 target. Look at other Fights that we've done, Melassan is my char name, and I'm always near the top. Won't lie though, I shit the bed on that one and took double charge and died early. Even our Nyth heroic from the 12th I was third. I don't like using Normal logs are a good showcase, but I think heroic is fine. That's just our guild though, I don't see the crazy issues with frost because we don't have an UH to compare too, we don't do Mythic, and apparently our DKs have more skills than the average player in our guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Melassan View Post
    Ursoc? I was referring to last nights logs surrounding Illy, but that's fine. I will full on admit that Ursoc is not a DK friendly fights. Single target, we're below average true, but aside from Nyth, every fight in Mythic is at least 2 target. Look at other Fights that we've done, Melassan is my char name, and I'm always near the top. Won't lie though, I shit the bed on that one and took double charge and died early. Even our Nyth heroic from the 12th I was third. I don't like using Normal logs are a good showcase, but I think heroic is fine. That's just our guild though, I don't see the crazy issues with frost because we don't have an UH to compare too, we don't do Mythic, and apparently our DKs have more skills than the average player in our guild?
    The thing about scaling is you don't see it at low item level. At 840 Dk was middle of the pack, sure, the question is how are they at 870 or 880.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahti View Post
    The thing about scaling is you don't see it at low item level. At 840 Dk was middle of the pack, sure, the question is how are they at 870 or 880.
    Ok well yes I can't argue that. I'm current 859 and having no issues. Not sure I will go further than Heroic anyways as we don't usually dabble in to Mythic, more of a casual guild.

Quote Originally Posted by chibichibiko View Post
    I've thought this way for a while. If you have 25 points in a main weapon, one more point costs more than going from 0-20 in a brand new artifact (enough to reach sindy & hypothermia for frost). Sure, you'll have 5 fewer traits in your new spec, but diminishing returns will kick in at some point (especially after 35 points in) and you'll be relatively caught up. If you think that the new spec is gonna do 5% more damage than the old one once it's up to snuff, then it's already time to change and you'll be damage positive in about a week.

I've been putting a few points into the blades over the last week--not because I was expecting them to get buffed, but rather just because I wanted to play around with the spec--I don't feel like I made a major sacrifice by boosting it to ~18 so far (for 66k AP). At this point, it's competing with putting another 2 seconds on dancing rune weapons or adding 1% stamina.
    Exactly. If they suddenly wiped you back to AK1, yeah that would blow. Hell it's less damaging that a Respec is lmao.

Instead of spending them in Frost (which might still be a dead spec after the patch), my artifact strategy currently is to not use AP items and instead store them until later. Then sometime before Trial of Valor opens I'll just spend them all in whichever spec looks better at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    There is no "race" within the class and there are 10-30x more Unholy DKs depending on boss in Mythic progress then there are Frost, all of which would have heavily invested AP into Unholy. Having Unholy be literally the bottom spec in the game to satisfy your desire to see a spec that you don't like be worse than the one you like is ridiculous.

Come on, be reasonable for a second.
    To be honest Getting any Artifact weapon up to lvl 26 would take about 2 days with current Artifact knowledge 8 and even less so of course with 9.

If frost was buffed to Surpass Unholy i could be caught up in less that 3 days.

THE LEGENDARIES ON THE OTHER HAND.....

Im glad they gonna buff frost again... and im already on top5 dps on every boss fight

That's assuming you have legendaries... Lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    To be honest Getting any Artifact weapon up to lvl 26 would take about 2 days with current Artifact knowledge 8 and even less so of course with 9.

If frost was buffed to Surpass Unholy i could be caught up in less that 3 days.

THE LEGENDARIES ON THE OTHER HAND.....

Maybe if you grind M+ all day but I've already done enough of that, sitting on like 140 M+ dungeons done or some silly number like that.

And yeah, I'll rage if my legendary becomes useless, I had to switch spec once already just as I got my blood legendary...
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Melassan View Post
    For some crazy reason we have 2 Frost DK's. We're always near the top. This fight especially since tons of cleave, which Frost by far excels at.

I can't post links, but check warcraftlogs, search for Shar Hellven, and check our raid yesterday. You will see me at nearly the top almost every fight. I had one low one but I had to hop away from PC for an emergency for a moment and died early.
    thats because yesterday you have an 83rd percentile parse while 15/20 members of your guild are sub-50

Just for the record - both Frost AND Unholy are scaling like shite:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Blizzard's silence about our primary PvP spec has been chilling to the bone so I must say that it is cool to see the CMs finally come out of their shells and expedite our concerns up the chains of command.

I am expecting an avalanche of buffs very soon, some perhaps more volatile than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    thats because yesterday you have an 83rd percentile parse while 15/20 members of your guild are sub-50
    Super newbie question, well for logs anyways. How do you check your parse %, or whatever you were explaining. Does that mean that I was at roughly 83% for my ilvl over all Frost DKs in warcraftlogs?

*scratch that, figured it out*

Shit son my Normal Parses are much higher than heroic...

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    We all know that feel bro. For me personally, the return of Unholy Presence's 15% passive movement speed would be great (for BOTH specs). Me and Wraith Walk have also become much better friends since I got the glyph, but the fact that it is on the GCD sometimes ruins me. These two simple fixes would make me a very happy dps DK.

I just hope that both Unh/Frost gets a good place now. I really wish I could play both specs as I enjoy both of these specs more than any other melee DPS spec and the fact that we actually have different dps builds based on talents chosen makes it even more fun for me, where as some other dps classes only have a single cookie-cutter build which I find very boring.

Wouldn't mind seeing some buffs for our Blood brothers as well, or at least a fix to Bone Shield stacks being consumed on insignificant damage.
    I know we all know that feel. I'm just over it. I've played this class since 2009, I'm tired of it continually being lower middle to bottom time and time again. I'm tired of it being a complete piece of shit in the mobility department. I'm tired of all the band-aid fixes they continually do to the class instead of fixing it. I'm tired of unholy constantly getting redesigned while frost has legitimate problems that have persisted since Cataclysm. I'm tired of the direction of the class. If I didn't love playing my shaman, I would just stop playing the game entirely. I was lucky enough to find a spec/class I really enjoy equally to my death knight. Ultimately it comes down to the fact that I'm tired of them not taking the problems that the community has continually told them are problems seriously. It's been four expansions now where they have basically scoffed or ignored feedback during beta about the class. And finally I'm over it and moving on. I'll still play my dk for M+ if my group needs it and I'll still roll my Artifact Knowledge, but for now I am done seriously playing the class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    5 min cd is bad (long)

Considering WW monks on use artifact ability does more damage, is also aoe and has, I believe, 45 second cooldown says enough. The only thing SF has on it is a 40 yard range. It should be 90 seconds with the current damage, or buff it by a lot to make the 5 minute cooldown actually make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mongosaurus View Post

I barely play a lot, I have Frost Artifact at 24, unholy at 17 and blood at 19. Plus an enhance artifact at 16 I think. As AK gets higher the excuse of wasting AP on one artifact argument gets dumber and dumber.