Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Did he inform you of how many fluid is in the form of food? Like when you eat a soup - it's a fluid. When you eat veggies/fruits - it's all fluid. Coffee/Tea - obviously too. In a normal day with a normal diet you don't really need to drink any extra fluids to meet the "daily requirement".
    The point is you still need fluids when not thirsty.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Well, no. If you are not thirsty then you don't need any more fluids. That's how it works.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

But if you wait to drink until you are thirsty you are already basically dead.

No thirst is the mechanism by which we know if we need some water or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Tok long enough.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Thanks for the heads up, I was just getting thirsty and looking for some Bose-Einstein condensate.

Turns out if you get a little thirsty, it means you have been freeze dried.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I was just getting thirsty and looking for some Bose-Einstein condensate.
    Be careful with that, it'll spin your stomach into knots.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I did that and quickly became dehydrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no. If you are not thirsty then you don't need any more fluids. That's how it works.
    False, you still need to drink a certain amount of fluid p/day.
    I'll take my doctors advice over some strangers.

Until it doesn't work - if your body is broken in this aspect and you do not realize it, you might not drink enough by only relying on being thirsty to drink OR you might drink too much if you are always thirsty!

Be sure your thirst meter is not broken before attempting, is my point.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-10-18 at 03:13 PM.

I drink a gallon+ of water every day. Not all at once, but throughout the day. I've had no negative side effects in 3 years. Only positive ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    False, you still need to drink a certain amount of fluid p/day.
    I'll take my doctors advice over some strangers.
    You get fluids from food, coffee/tea/milk.

If your doctor tells you to drink a specific amount because of some medical condition - then go ahead and drink. Just keep in mind that is a PERSONAL recommendation that is not applicable to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    Until it doesn't work - if your body is broken in this aspect and you do not realize it, you might not drink enough by only relying on being thirsty to drink OR you might drink too much if you are always thirsty!

Be sure your thirst meter is not broken before attempting, is my point.
    If your body is broken - you drink what your doctor tells you to drink in exact amounts they tell you and you don't have to worry about thirst.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as you're drinking water, go crazy. Unless you're brutally forcing it down you won't drink enough for it to be bad for you.

If you only drink when you feel thirsty, vast majority of people will get less water than what's optimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    i drink draenei blood when im thirsty.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get fluids from food, coffee/tea/milk.

If your doctor tells you to drink a specific amount because of some medical condition - then go ahead and drink. Just keep in mind that is a PERSONAL recommendation that is not applicable to everyone.
    No medical condition.
    And coffee has fluids? your point?

I still don't see how it is a myth when even doctors advice it, who, unlike random strangers on the internet, have medical degrees.
    You need a certain amount of fluids per day.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2016-10-18 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No medical condition.
    And coffee has fluids? your point?
    The point is to drink extra water when you are thirsty. Because dehydration is as bad as hyperhydration.

I still don't see how it is a myth when even doctors advice it, who, unlike random strangers on the internet, have medical degrees.
    You need a certain amount of fluids per day.
    Doctors are not the smartest people on earth just because they are doctors. Doctors have specializations. They don't know everything medical. THEY ARE THE SOURCE OF THE MYTH. They've been taught about water balance and that human body needs a daily intake of fluids and as people (especially students) go they remembered just that and it transformed into "drink 2l every day".

And that's bullshit myth. The only medical reason a doctor can tell you to drink more water is if they prescribe you a medication that dehydrates you or your daily physical activities are above normal.

If you are not into sports and not on medication then drinking 2l of EXTRA water daily will just either gain you a little weight or cause you to urinate more often. Which is not good but one can live with.

I just keep a cup of water where ever I'm at, and drink it over the course of the day. Refill it as necessary. If I want something else... then I grab something else. Sometimes my blood sugar goes low, and a cup of orange juice is necessary. And I do have one diet dr pepper a day... but even then... I forget to drink it sometimes. Depends on if I want the caffeine or not.

The only mandatory thing besides water for me is the one cup of coffee I let myself have in the morning. Which I drink black. Otherwise... I'm not the most pleasant person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Do as you want.

Simple rule to live by and the only one we need.
    Touch too anarchistic I'd say, now drink your water.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Touch too anarchistic I'd say, now drink your water.
    Has to be cold, or gtfo.

>.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Its important to make sure you are getting enough to drink every day. I know it can be hard sometimes (I'm pretty guilty of this myself lately), but not getting enough fluids can really screw with the sodium and creatinine levels in your blood. I get blood work every Monday and Thursday and these are two levels my doctor has expressed concern over and told me to drink more. I've been told its a minimum of 8 glasses at 8 oz. each per day. It might be more depending on your body weight, but that's at least a good starting place.

If you are drinking water, then your parents are giving you legit some of the worst health advice imaginable. Water is one of the most useful things you can put in your body.

If you're drinking other shit then yeah, a lot of times it's best to drink it sparingly. Even juices shouldn't be drank in excess.