Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Finally good news!!!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...s-talk-part-2/

The game director himself posted! They just acknowledged the state of hunters - first talents will be reviewed and then even core mechanics with the option to bring back traps to all specs!

Now question is - how much of this will go to 7.1 and how much in 7.2?

- - - Updated - - -

The next phase of iteration will focus on talent rows that seem devoid of choice, often because there is one dominant "correct" option. Through a mix of numbers balance and some redesign where needed, we'll aim to improve talent diversity, opening up new playstyles and options in the process. That is our plan for all classes, but it applies especially to hunters, where talent diversity is often sorely lacking. These types of changes require more testing time and iteration than pure DPS tuning: This is why planned changes to priests' Surrender to Madness, or paladins' Crusade, were delayed until a later patch in order to allow for more thorough evaluation.

Finally, we'll move on to evaluating base class and spec toolkits. Those types of changes are the riskiest to make, especially in the middle of an expansion, because they affect the core experience of every player of a given spec. But we don't plan on waiting an entire expansion to address concerns like the ones that have been raised in this thread. All sorts of potential changes are on the table. For example, in retrospect, while a focus on traps strengthened Survival spec identity, taking so many traps away from Marks/BM entirely was harmful to hunter class identity. But changes like those can only happen in a full patch, and will benefit from a lengthy PTR cycle.

I'm going to throw out a curveball and say 8.0

anyone else just really not care if we get traps as standard? I havent found myself missing them

I miss them for M+ content. Some of the trash pulls would benefit from some good CC.

Where did you see good news? They just acknowledge after 10 months of beta and 7 weeks of live game that they messed up with the hunter class without having any clue how to fix it. You can expect at least one year before they might find what is wrong with Legion hunter specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    anyone else just really not care if we get traps as standard? I havent found myself missing them
    You're probably the only one.

Deleted
    Good news, lol.

i care less about traps and more about the boring af playstyle of BM and being a caster in MM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Where did you see good news? They just acknowledge after 10 months of beta and 7 weeks of live game that they messed up with the hunter class without having any clue how to fix it. You can expect at least one year before they might find what is wrong with Legion hunter specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, don't miss them either.

High level Mythic+ requires that nearly everyone has multiple forms of utility. A single interrupt with a long CD and a stun that requires mobs to be kited is underwhelming compared to several other classes. Being able to toss down a freeze trap to lock down a mob, like we've been capable of doing since forever, would give Hunters very good utility in those dungeons.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of miss Freezing Trap, mostly because I miss having any sort of long term CC. I don't miss the others though.

All those people who are saying they never used traps, ever heard of this other part of the game called PVP? Snake traps, explosive trap (knockback), frost/ice trap were all used in PVP (not to mention scare beast, master's call, tranq shot and other stuff they removed). If they only kept spells that we use in PVE we would only need like 5 spells.

I'm very happy they are bringing back traps, not having them just felt odd. I hope they bring back a knockback trap, it was so fun to use in BGs and when kiting melee, also ice trap would be great.

Blizzard's words mean nothing at this point. They also said they were listening to feedback in beta.

Oh really? These issues were raised for months during the alpha/beta process, maybe that was the time to actually do something about it. There's so much more criticism than just traps or ''set in stone'' talents, rofl. Everyone saw that one coming 6 months ago, good to see they caught up.

Guessing next xpac. The most they could do without revamping every spec again would be to in life traps for all specs, possibly leaving ET for SV and just giving Ice/Frost to MM/BM. Other than that, a small increase to damage would be nice for m+ dungeons, but might make them too good for raids.

...well good for you, don't use them. I'm personally pining for them, and I will rejoice the day I get them back.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how many say they miss Freezing Trap, why not just use Wyvern Sting?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I like how many say they miss Freezing Trap, why not just use Wyvern Sting?
    Because that requires us to give up Binding Shot, which is consistently more useful in Mythic+, and almost mandatory for a class that brings no other AoE snares or stuns.

I miss Freezing and Frost Trap. I'd like some of my kiting and slowing to return with the AoE slow, and I'd like the ability to CC on demand like other classes have, without giving up my AoE stun. Really, as far as utility goes, that's all I feel like I'm missing right now. Distracting Shot would be nice.

I feel like SV having exclusive rights to traps was good game design, but needs some tweaking. There has to be a sweet spot that can be found that gives players (and raid leaders) a legitimate choice between straight DPS in MM/BM or Decent DPS + CC in Survival. I realize we're not there yet, but we can be. Backtracking the entire class design philosophy of this expansion so early is a HORRIBLE idea. Next their going to say "SV gets to use a ranged weapon OR a melee weapon, MM gets a pet with high damage and BM can wield melee weapons".

I understand the discouraged feeling of a lot of hunters, because a lot of the changes make things unfamiliar. Seriously though, there's a lot of options. If all the hunter specs are so bad, try playing another class. You get a free 100 boost with this expansion.

Good. It's absurd that Marksmanship and Beast Mastery have no long duration crowd control baseline, like every single other pure DPS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Dont forget the BS they did in WoD beta. They couldnt come up with compelling game play apart from "We are making barrage single target so you need to make a decsion on game play style". Then no-one made a decision and every hunter picked up a aoe spell to use as single target.

Blizzard hates hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro