Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Britain was going to war anyway and was itching to get involved as soon as France began ignoring the "Are you going to be neutral or not with our war with Russia who just attacked our ally." messages from Berlin.

British (Originally English pre act of union) foreign policy since the 1600s until WW2 was to make sure no major power was left unchecked in the middle of Europe, as soon as Germany united and alligned with Austria Britain was always going to join with Russia and France to be the counter balance. Once war started Britain would have used any excuse to join, Germany going through Belgium was the one they could use. If Germany went through the French/German border instead British Government would have used one of the many reasons it could come up with to make sure Germany didn't become the sole dominant power in mainland Europe.
    This is contrary to every single point of the War and why Britain entered; but amusing. Britain had strained relationships with Russia anyway because Russia was a direct threat to the British trade routes to India.

But please, tell me more, your lack of intelligence shows how Globalists are so redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I wouldn't expect a Globalist to have any shred of Honour. They died to defend This country, and this countries ideals. Should Britain have let Germany steamroll Belgium deep into france?

I guess treaties and promises mean nothing to the coward.
    No dude, the idea is that people would not have jumped at each other throats for the murder of an archduke if they had not been brainwashed with fever pitch ultranationalism for decades. I hate to tell you that, but France and Germany were at odds for reasons other than ''UK'', Germany and Russia where at odds, Austria Hungary was torn appart by rabid ultranationalism encouraged by Germans, Hungarians and Russians, and so forth.

And BTW, it's f... rich to accuse other of being ''globalists'' when the country in question made hundred of thousands of Hindus, Canadians, Australians, Neo-Zealanders die at Gallipoli, in France and in the Middle East.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-10-19 at 11:14 PM.

Deleted
    What's wrong with being a globalist? What is so special about a piece of land in which our government runs that makes it so the people living here are in any way better than a German, a Pole, a well insert any human here from anywhere in the world based on their ethnicity and not actions of said individual?
    Because Globalism is the tool of the Corporation designed to make the individual redundant. When borders are gone, Cultures will be next until we're all nothing but grey blobs.

This is contrary to every single point of the War and why Britain entered; but amusing. Britain had strained relationships with Russia anyway because Russia was a direct threat to the British trade routes to India.

But please, tell me more, your lack of intelligence shows how Globalists are so redundant.
    No it isn't. Do you think the UK joined the entent with France and then in a different time Russia as a means of not trying to contain the rising power of the German Empire? Are you that deluded that you think Britain would have sat out, twiddle their thumbs and watched France and Russia burn to German might. All the while during the first 14 years of the 1900s Britain was in a arms race with Germany?

You're the one denying history. Once the spark ignited war between Britain and Germany was inevitable. It's that simple, with or without Belgium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    The country that has invaded more countries across the planet than anyone else.
    Funny you should mention this a few posts after our resident nationalist Brit goes on a glorious speech about British ideals.

Lovely ideals, Fiend... World domination *thumbs up*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No dude, the idea is that people would not have jumped at each other throats for the murder of an archduke if they had not been brainwashed with fever pitch ultranationalism for decades. I hate to tell you that, but France and Germany were at odds for reasons other than ''UK'', Germany and Russia where at odds, Austria Hungary was torn appart by rabid ultranationalism encouraged by Germans, Hungarians and Russians, and so forth.
    The Globalist has no idea why WW1 happen, how utterly typical. This is why I am a Nationalist. so things like WW1 will never be forgotten to petty regressive dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Oh noes... currency drop, because the people and the world are concerned about financial security.

All major government changes go hand in hand with economic slow down.

The UK will bounce back. They knew there would be short term fallout. The decision was made for the long term viability of the country. Most people don't think long term, and some sensationalized news piece definitely isn't concerned with the long term, the only thing they care about is today's drama.
    No it will not. ( depends on Scotland leaving ) it will cost them some harbors etc and the oil ( read somewhere Brittian will be better off like 400 ponds a month if they left?). But when they come out of it. They will be a smaller unit. Going against giants like Russia, EU, China, America. And they also have the problem that as long as this is going on their credit rating will get lower. And that means less investments by foreign company's. It has already gone from AAA to AA ( it goes from AAA+ to AAA to AA+ to AA etc etc). So thats allready 2 lower as it was ( it was AAA before). And if you are looking for a business partner in EU you will have many better options then.
    Want banks: Go Netherlands
    Want production: Go germany
    Want labor: Go east EU
    Want harbors: France, Netherlands
    Etc etc

But we can think about all we want.
    But we do not know how UK will leave the EU. What deals will be made, what scotland/n Ireland will do. So i could be very wrong of very right. Time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Funny you should mention this a few posts after our resident nationalist Brit goes on a glorious speech about British ideals.

Lovely ideals, Fiend... World domination *thumbs up*
    As opposed to Faceless Globalism? That is just World Domination under Corporate Heel.

Okay, so if people tell you that WW1 did not started because of German-Britain rivalry, they are ''globalists''. Gotcha.

Because Globalism is the tool of the Corporation designed to make the individual redundant. When borders are gone, Cultures will be next until we're all nothing but grey blobs.
    Well woohoo. Inefficiency lowers as people can communicate better. I (and others) can travel freely to vising people i know around the world without going worrying about having hundreds of different currencies. Sorry if your petty nationalism and somehow thinking being born somewhere means you are entitled to better treatment than elsewhere. But some of us have come to realise humanity isn't something that should be divided and people in one area get more rights because of accident of birth bullcrap.

Also we don't follow the conspiracy of "THE COORPORATIONS ARE OUT TO GET US!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Right, exactly how there's no such thing as English or Scottish culture in Britain, or various subcultures therein? Your logic is flawed. You're spouting catchphrases at this point.

Deleted
    No it isn't. Do you think the UK joined the entent with France and then in a different time Russia as a means of not trying to contain the rising power of the German Empire? Are you that deluded that you think Britain would have sat out, twiddle their thumbs and watched France and Russia burn to German might. All the while during the first 14 years of the 1900s Britain was in a arms race with Germany?

You're the one denying history. Once the spark ignited war between Britain and Germany was inevitable. It's that simple, with or without Belgium.
    This is cute. I am denying History because I refuse to accept your stupid globalist idea.

You're German ain't you Kallisto?

Rising German Empire, Adorable.

The Globalist has no idea why WW1 happen, how utterly typical. This is why I am a Nationalist. so things like WW1 will never be forgotten to petty regressive dogma.
    WW1 was started because of Nationalism. A Serbian nationalist causing a spark that ignited the flames. Such nationalism in the same region had been the cause of 2 wars just the year before.

Let alone nationalist wars in Europe right after WW1 and also WW2 was pretty much caused by nationalistic jingoism.

Deleted
    Well woohoo. Inefficiency lowers as people can communicate better. I (and others) can travel freely to vising people i know around the world without going worrying about having hundreds of different currencies. Sorry if your petty nationalism and somehow thinking being born somewhere means you are entitled to better treatment than elsewhere. But some of us have come to realise humanity isn't something that should be divided and people in one area get more rights because of accident of birth bullcrap.

Also we don't follow the conspiracy of "THE COORPORATIONS ARE OUT TO GET US!"
    And yet the Value of the Common work has decreased dramatically in all these European countries. Tell me, oh mighty Globalist. If the Walls of nations crashed down right now. What would happen?

Would the Africans remain poor in Africa? Or would they seek out the easy wealth of the west?

- - - Updated - - -

WW1 was started because of Nationalism. A Serbian nationalist causing a spark that ignited the flames. Such nationalism in the same region had been the cause of 2 wars just the year before.

Let alone nationalist wars in Europe right after WW1 and also WW2 was pretty much caused by nationalistic jingoism.
    That Serbian Nationalist was a Spark next to a powder keg of Cold Wars and proxy battles. The fact that you call the Serbian Uprising "Nationalistic Jingoism" adorable to the extreme.

I guess Globalists are so easy to excuse genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Right, exactly how there's no such thing as English or Scottish culture in Britain, or various subcultures therein? Your logic is flawed. You're spouting catchphrases at this point.
    Ah yes. How long until the Big world governments turn on them too! "No cultural borders, stop displaying flags!" It already happens anyway, Poor Germans not allowed to wave flags or NATIONALISM ON THE RISE.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to Faceless Globalism? That is just World Domination under Corporate Heel.
    What are you even talking about? You're talking about globalism as if it's some sort of movement. It's not. Globalism just means that you take the principle where you don't view someone halfway around the globe in any lesser light than you do someone down the street (well, obviously, that doesn't apply to you 'cause you're stuck in the past), and apply it to geopolitics. I.e., globalism = not being a dick, on a geopolitical scale.

Because, yes, thinking less of someone halfway across the globe is being a dick and a horrible human being.

This is cute. I am denying History because I refuse to accept your stupid globalist idea.

You're German ain't you Kallisto?

Rising German Empire, Adorable.
    Rising German empire that was created in the middle of the 1800s after Franco-Prussian war. Which became a industrial powerhouse that rivalled Britain in a few years, was able to create an alliance with Austria and (loosely) Italy. Army that had high discipline due to mostly Prussian officership and training. The Navy building dreadnaughts like no one else putting the fear in Britain that it would have a larger fleet than itself. It's in basically every history book, you just need to open one.

As for my background. Born in Britain to father who has a Greek Father and Mother who is half Spanish. Mother born in England to a Mother who is half dutch and father who is Irish and a bit of Scottish in there. So I am a major mix of ethnicities only going back a few generations.

Deleted
    Oh and by the way.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e...kgroundcs1.htm

But I guess our own Government is less reliable than a bunch of Globalist who hate nations anyway right?

- - - Updated - - -

Rising German empire that was created in the middle of the 1800s after Franco-Prussian war. Which became a industrial powerhouse that rivalled Britain in a few years, was able to create an alliance with Austria and (loosely) Italy. Army that had high discipline due to mostly Prussian officership and training. The Navy building dreadnaughts like no one else putting the fear in Britain that it would have a larger fleet than itself. It's in basically every history book, you just need to open one.

As for my background. Born in Britain to father who has a Greek Father and Mother who is half Spanish. Mother born in England to a Mother who is half dutch and father who is Irish and a bit of Scottish in there. So I am a major mix of ethnicities only going back a few generations.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh please, Do stop. Why don't you fuck off our of our country then if you hate it so much, god knows you're not helping it by being such a Globalist traitor.

Oh and by the way.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e...kgroundcs1.htm

But I guess our own Government is less reliable than a bunch of Globalist who hate nations anyway right?
    Your own link, opening paragraphe.

In 1879, Germany and Austria-Hungary formed an alliance (the Dual Alliance) that gave them great strength in the centre of Europe.
    In 1892, the French and the Russians formed their own strong alliance (the Dual Entente) that meant Germany now had an unfriendly power on each side.
    Soon afterwards, Germany's most powerful soldier, General Schlieffen, drew up a plan that would allow Germany to beat France very quickly in any future war. This would then free most German troops to fight Russia in the east.
    By the early 1900s, the alliances had developed. The Dual Alliance had become the Triple Alliance with Italy (although Italy stayed out of the war in 1914).
    In 1907, Britain joined Russia and France to form the Triple Entente. Britain was much less committed to this alliance than Russia or France.

Deleted
    Those people died for this country. I for one will not let those deaths be in Vain
    But they were in vain.
    The First world war was a mistake - It should never have happened and it sealed the fate of Europe, and started a gigantic clusterfuck that took nearly a 100 years to untangle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes. How long until the Big world governments turn on them too! "No cultural borders, stop displaying flags!" It already happens anyway, Poor Germans not allowed to wave flags or NATIONALISM ON THE RISE.
    Do you live in an alternate universe? Because this is literally not happening. You're just making things up at this point.