Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Who need to know such names ? He just have to say ''SJW'' and ''regressive''.
    Well Sarahtasher? You prove to be nothing but a Regressive. All you do is shout names, try and catch people on Buzzwords and horribly push an Agenda while being insulting and childish to everyone else.

I am a Nationalist, this does not make me a Nazi, and despite the jabs I have done in good fun against other countries I am actually not adverse to them. On the Contrary, I rather enjoy learning about new Countries and new cultures.

Real-talk here: that is Why I am Nationalistic. This world of Petty hamfisted Globalism crushed traditions underfoot with clumsy rules ideas and regulations and the EU is the biggest potential foot to fall.

You can't force people to work together.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, dude, tell me how the British were suposed to attack preventively Germany with SIX divisions, that were everything that was available (SIX is an optimistic figure, FOUR is the usual figure). Germany had 81 of those....(50 active, 31 reserve)
    Please tell me how the British stopping the Germans from Allying with the Austrians would have demanded a Military strike?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You're the one denying history. Once the spark ignited war between Britain and Germany was inevitable. It's that simple, with or without Belgium.
    It actually wasn't.
    The UK and Germany had buried the 'hatchet' as it were when the war came around - It was not a 'rational and planed' decision.
    One of the UK's Heavy cruisers (i want to say HMS Hood, but not sure) had left a German port like 3 weeks before after an official visit with a drill.
    Not exactly the prelude to war.

That would have taken an hell ouf of nationalism for the six british divisions of 1914 to take down the fifty german ones, without considering the kind of general officers they had, which might as well been paid by Berlin....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Well Sarahtasher? You prove to be nothing but a Regressive. All you do is shout names, try and catch people on Buzzwords and horribly push an Agenda while being insulting and childish to everyone else.

I am a Nationalist, this does not make me a Nazi, and despite the jabs I have done in good fun against other countries I am actually not adverse to them. On the Contrary, I rather enjoy learning about new Countries and new cultures.

Real-talk here: that is Why I am Nationalistic. This world of Petty hamfisted Globalism crushed traditions underfoot with clumsy rules ideas and regulations and the EU is the biggest potential foot to fall.

You can't force people to work together.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me how the British stopping the Germans from Allying with the Austrians would have demanded a Military strike?
    First, they had been allied since Sadowa. Second, the idea was to convince Germany to not join Austria in the coming conflagration.

And BTW, you call ''globalists'' people that say to you that WW1 was not only related to the UK, that WW1 was a terrible waste of life, or even that mention that you live in the United Kingdom, not England.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-10-19 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It actually wasn't.
    The UK and Germany had buried the 'hatchet' as it were when the war came around - It was not a 'rational and planed' decision.
    One of the UK's Heavy cruisers (i want to say HMS Hood, but not sure) had left a German port like 3 weeks before after an official visit with a drill.
    Not exactly the prelude to war.
    The point is Britain could have Profited off of Germany taking Russia and France down a peg. But Germany went through Belgium, that was under treaty.

- - - Updated - - -

First, they had been allied since Sadowa. Second, the idea was to convince Germany to not join Austria in the coming conflagration.
    You know a great deal of Political bluster was the Kaiser King and Tsar were all close relatives right? There is this thing called Diplomacy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    When the UK joined, it was the EC, then the EEC. EEC is:

That was a Trade Bloc. The UK joined the EEC, a trade bloc.

The EU came after and gave itself more and more power, which UK mostly disagreed with. And now we are here, not happy with it and so we have decided to leave, which is our right to do so.
    This guy from the 70s claims it was to be more than a trading bloc back then. Skip to 02:09

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyman View Post
    this guy from the 70s claims it was to be more than a trading bloc back then.

Judas was paid!

Deleted
    The point is Britain could have Profited off of Germany taking Russia and France down a peg. But Germany went through Belgium, that was under treaty.
    Realistically, the UK should have tried to mediate the conflict.
    But instead the opportunistic minds prevailed (and Belgium of course).

- - - Updated - - -

You know a great deal of Political bluster was the Kaiser King and Tsar were all close relatives right? There is this thing called Diplomacy.
    What is this supposed to mean ? Victoria was the grandmother of pretty much all monarchs, and that did not prevented most of them to stay neutral or join the Triplice....

Deleted
    What is this supposed to mean ? Victoria was the grandmother of pretty much all monarchs, and that did not prevented most of them to stay neutral or join the Triplice....
    It means what GoblinP said. Britain had a chance to Medicate it all. Now; Make no mistake. I am not FOR the WW1 War in a sense that I enjoyed millions of people dying for petty political ideals.

But I respect the people who died for their country and the nationalism they decided was worth dying for. Also, I guess Belgium is thankful they're not Germany.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    When the UK joined, it was the EC, then the EEC. EEC is:
    Read the first fucking sentence:
    "preserve peace and liberty and to lay the foundations of an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe".
    That is one of the clauses that the UK wanted an out from in Cameroons renegotiation.

If does not strike you that with slightly cooler heads on the continent, there would not have been a major war ? (And in Britain too)

Deleted
    Read the first fucking sentence:

That is one of the clauses that the UK wanted an out from in Cameroons renegotiation.
    So what about that doesn't show that the UK purely wanted a trading community?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the long term with UK out from under the thumb of the EU that will collapse if a few years the UK will be better off little tough times now but in the future making their own rules and living how they want to. Sterling Silver will in a year or so after all this will rebound and will be higher than the Euro. Just give it 1 or 2 years.

Deleted
    The point is, however much some historians tries to pass of WW1 as 'inevitable' in fact, that's not true.
    Even the Vaunted UK/German 'problem' clash had been settled a few years back.
    The Germans agreed to stop building their navy, and the UK agreed to not be a dick.

Deleted
    If does not strike you that with slightly cooler heads on the continent, there would not have been a major war ? (And in Britain too)
    Well, the problem there is you tell the Serbs that. You tell them they need to stay part of Austria-Hungry and to be treated like the second class citizens they were. You want an example of why I think Globalism is bad and why the EU is bad, look at the Austria-Hungry Empire and how it was a dozen ethnicity and a dozen countries all being fucked over by the ones in charge.

Deleted
    So what about that doesn't show that the UK purely wanted a trading community?
    I dont care what they wanted, merely the fact that the EEC was not just a 'free trade, happy go lucky zone' when they joined.
    - Besides even in a free trade zone, you would still have to have the ECJ -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    In the long term with UK out from under the thumb of the EU that will collapse if a few years the UK will be better off little tough times now but in the future making their own rules and living how they want to. Sterling Silver will in a year or so after all this will rebound and will be higher than the Euro. Just give it 1 or 2 years.
    I don't want the Pound to go back up. Right now we're one of the leading exporters of advanced Computers. We keep it cheap and we can maintain that market and grow a sector long forgotten.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont care what they wanted, merely the fact that the EEC was not just a 'free trade, happy go lucky zone' when they joined.
    - Besides even in a free trade zone, you would still have to have the ECJ -
    Even so. The British Have forever been against it turning into the United States of Europe, and Brexit fell on the final Straw. Maybe if the EU was less one-sided to listening, we wouldn't have left.

You can probably find here on this very forum, me actually talking Pro-EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want the Pound to go back up. Right now we're one of the leading exporters of advanced Computers. We keep it cheap and we can maintain that market and grow a sector long forgotten.
    Yeah true but it needs to go up some for stability and to keep people clam down some. More so just for a show of strength in the UK

Deleted
    The High valuation of the UK pound relies on a influx of outside money into the system.
    - Since corporate investment has screeched to a halt since brexit, i sort of doubt that.

Deleted
    Yeah true but it needs to go up some for stability and to keep people clam down some. More so just for a show of strength in the UK
    A show of strength would be the government using this as an advantage instead of half of them crying about Brexit still.