Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Worth coming back?

Title says it all. Is it worth coming back? I quit sometime during WoD because I wasn't really making friends in game and I got lonely / bored online without people to hang out and group with. Not really sure what the state of the game is currently with Legion but I don't want to come back only to quit again for the same reason I quit in WoD.

In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion?

I would say no for this part, for the "is it worth coming back" I would say yes, at least 1 month should be enough to lure you back in or not.

Just give it a try, Legion is far better than WoD (taking away the community oriented aspects of the game which are the same)

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you like to grind more that anything. And if you have 4 people to run M+ with. Otherwise it's really meh experience so far, playing Legion solo would be trash tier waste of time i believe.
    Last edited by n7stormreaver; 2016-10-19 at 12:32 AM.
    Space magic.

I feel that it's overrated

Too many things to do that aren't worth the payoff

It feels like a chore logging in and playing at the moment

Deleted
    Are you interested in joining a guild and actually playing the game the way a mmo is meant to be played? Then yes.

If you have a serious problem communicating with other people (^) then no, its not for you.

To have fun with wow atm you need people to play with. If you get that, then there is tonnes of fun in wow atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Do you want to have fun in an MMO? If so, then yes/maybe?.. if not, I heard Wildstart, Warhammer, FF, Starwars is a better choice... on mmo-c.com

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    If you like to grind more that anything. And if you have 4 people to run M+ with. Otherwise it's really meh experience so far, playing Legion solo would be trash tier waste of time i believe.
    grind yes but thats what makes it fun! and for your m+ ive done 3 10s easily with pugs just learn from YOUR mistakes instead of blaming others and look at what you can do too improve you dont need 4 people to do mythic plus my character is Seeyountee - scilla if you wanted to inspect and i run mostly pugs

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Are you interested in joining a guild and actually playing the game the way a mmo is meant to be played? Then yes.

If you have a serious problem communicating with other people (^) then no, its not for you.

To have fun with wow atm you need people to play with. If you get that, then there is tonnes of fun in wow atm
    so much this ^^^

Definitely! I just found it hard since LFR and LFD to get out there and connect with people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by isnortwhey View Post
    grind yes but thats what makes it fun! and for your m+ ive done 3 10s easily with pugs just learn from YOUR mistakes instead of blaming others and look at what you can do too improve you dont need 4 people to do mythic plus my character is Seeyountee - scilla if you wanted to inspect and i run mostly pugs
    I played Everquest when I was younger so I'm definitely used to / find with grinding!

Title says it all. Is it worth coming back? I quit sometime during WoD because I wasn't really making friends in game and I got lonely / bored online without people to hang out and group with. Not really sure what the state of the game is currently with Legion but I don't want to come back only to quit again for the same reason I quit in WoD.

Thanks!
    In my opinion, Legion is the best WoW has ever been. Does it have its flaws? Sure, but they've done so much right this expansion that the flaws are petty. I don't play hardcore like I used to, and maybe that's one of the reasons it's so fun now, but even objectively speaking it's great. I wish you the best.

Thanks!
    Absolutely NOT!
    This is the most boredom I have ever experienced in WOWs history. but if u only quit due to friends theres group finder. But the content is just so BORING. I mean they renamed dailys to world quests. Theres no way for u to catch up on artifact power for the stupid weapon tree. You cant change specs because one artifact is really all you get as you dont have a unlimited supply of artifact power at your disposal and leveling it up is a huge pain.
    You also have these retarded time sinks they called researching it goes from 1 day to 10 days research time in which u are then bored out of your mind.
    Mythics whoopie, Mythic Plus Woo another boring idea that doesnt fit well with wow stolen from diablo.
    random world bosses one a week. Meh should be one a day.
    RNG based boring loot system worse then it was in Vanilla.
    Oh cant forget the terribad legion pre patch that destroyed every class and spec.
    If you were a healer before you will now be stressed outta ur skull as healing is worse off then it was in Vanilla.
    If you were a tank before you will now be on a seasaw with your nerves as your HP goes up and down real fast.
    If you were a dps well meh.
    So no I would not recommend it

Bump. Any other feedback out there?

Deleted
    No, No and No.

For the reasons you want? No. Don't bother coming back.

Deleted
    True, but i would dare say it has always been like this, not just atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Do you want to have fun in an MMO? If so, then yes/maybe?.. if not, I heard Wildstart, Warhammer, FF, Starwars is a better choice... on mmo-c.com
    Please tell me you are joking...
    One of them (Warhammer) got closed in 2013,
    One of them is on deathbed (Wildstar) and
    the last one of them (SWTOR) has about the same kind of community WoW has; even thou smaller by a big margain.

I'd still value the kind of community we have going over no community at all.

Deleted
    I'd say, give it a go for a month and see what you think yourself, everyone's got different opinions. I've played since 2005 with a few breaks every now and then and this expansion, in my personal opinion is the best one since Wotlk.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP seems like the type of person who wants groups to be made for their individual or they join spam city mega guild with 900 people who never talk or do anything and then they get upset. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that once everyone isnt falling over themselves to carry them through "tough" content or stroke their ego in guild chat they get all pissy. I also assume this person is a woman ... for the aforementioned reasons.

Reasons to come back

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Absolutely NOT!
    This is the most boredom I have ever experienced in WOWs history. but if u only quit due to friends theres group finder. But the content is just so BORING. I mean they renamed dailys to world quests. Theres no way for u to catch up on artifact power for the stupid weapon tree. You cant change specs because one artifact is really all you get as you dont have a unlimited supply of artifact power at your disposal and leveling it up is a huge pain.
    You also have these retarded time sinks they called researching it goes from 1 day to 10 days research time in which u are then bored out of your mind.
    Mythics whoopie, Mythic Plus Woo another boring idea that doesnt fit well with wow stolen from diablo.
    random world bosses one a week. Meh should be one a day.
    RNG based boring loot system worse then it was in Vanilla.
    Oh cant forget the terribad legion pre patch that destroyed every class and spec.
    If you were a healer before you will now be stressed outta ur skull as healing is worse off then it was in Vanilla.
    If you were a tank before you will now be on a seasaw with your nerves as your HP goes up and down real fast.
    If you were a dps well meh.
    So no I would not recommend it
    I read a lot of negativity throughout this post which i find really funny as these people are still logging in to MMO-Champion to reply to these types of posts. Normally i don't actively respond to these types of post but i want to give you my insights and why i suggest you to DO come back.

RPG's in general are grindy and focus on progression characters, if this doesn't fit your style then maybe WoW isn't your type of game. But assuming this is something you like i'm a total fan of the World Quests. When you reach max level it is something you need to do every day to ensure you get the best gear from it, but after a while the gear start to become irrelevant. When you're not an hardcore player it doesn't matter if you don't get max AP or rep or whatever, just pick the WQ's you like and complete them. From a daily perspective there are only 4 you have to complete to get the Emissary lootbox.

Mythics is the best thing ever to come to wow; instead of only focusing on Heroics and Raiding now you have to option to communicate and connect with people to perform at the best of your abilities. There are some gaps which need to be addressed but overall i like the approach they took.

If you're a casual/semi-casual gamer the RNG element isn't any issue. Just enjoy the game and the people around you. Compared to WOD the goal is to go OUT and enjoy the content instead of staying in your garrison. I've already added some new friends and people to my friendlist mainly due to this.

I would suggest to just give it a try 1 month and decide for your self.
    There is a lot of mixed feelings about this expansion, but personally i think it equals WoTLK. (incoming rage)

Social? Not really.

Fun? Absolutely!

Community-wise the game is the same as it's ever been and I'm not sure if Blizz can do anything on their end to change it. Content-wise I haven't had this much fun in ages - there are some problems (RNG loot in particular) but overall I'd definitely recommend giving Legion a shot!