Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope. I would come back near the end of the expansion when all the dumb ideas (relentless artifact power grinding, boring world quests etc) have either been fixed or removed. The only community i'll be joining will be battlefield 1.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    Title says it all. Is it worth coming back? I quit sometime during WoD because I wasn't really making friends in game and I got lonely / bored online without people to hang out and group with. Not really sure what the state of the game is currently with Legion but I don't want to come back only to quit again for the same reason I quit in WoD.

In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion?

Thanks!
    I'd say the community, social aspects have not Improved since WoD. And haven't since Wrath actually. And to worth coming back I'd say no and yes, you could try a month worth of sub to try out the game. But at the same time, they gated everything so that If you start late, you'll be late to the party so to speak and even miss out on a few things so I'd say try It, see If you like It and if you'd like to try and catch up to the rest of the story/content and then see... but over all I'd say Legion Is disapointing so far. And the patches don't look great either.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try experiencing things alone, ignoring others, explore the environnements, listen to the music, appreciate a work of art (not only in video games), you'll enjoy yourself, you don't need other people : P

It's fun for a few weeks and then it usually gets boring unless you got a group of people you really enjoy playing with and pushing mythics or something. That's been my experience with WoW post-MoP.

Buy a month and see what happens, not much to lose. You might even like it.
    Last edited by Exhorder; 2016-10-20 at 07:02 PM.

Yeah i would say it is worth the box price. I think i will get 3 months+ of enjoyment for it and that to me was worth the price. It has no long term appeal unless you like to raid however.

Legion looks a lot like WoD but with better 5-mans and some more stuff to do. The community aspect is still very much dead though, even if they are not all locked inside their garrisons.

Title says it all. Is it worth coming back? I quit sometime during WoD because I wasn't really making friends in game and I got lonely / bored online without people to hang out and group with. Not really sure what the state of the game is currently with Legion but I don't want to come back only to quit again for the same reason I quit in WoD.

In short, is the game more social / fun / community oriented since the release of Legion?

Thanks!
    What do you expect? It's still wow. A ton if things has changed, but then again nothing has changed. Although I haven't enjoyed the game in such magnitude since 6+ years, I would not say the game is bad. The game is as good as it has ever been, but in principle it's the same game, all over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    Nope. I would come back near the end of the expansion when all the dumb ideas (relentless artifact power grinding, boring world quests etc) have either been fixed or removed. The only community i'll be joining will be battlefield 1.
    Ah what an excellent frame of referense and highly relevant to the discussion....

Look, someone who enjoys BF1, wouldnt enjoy a more traditional MMO, something WoW actually seems to be on the way back towards atm.

Legion is great, it's probably the best WoW has been. The only thing I'd remark is that I prefered how classes were in MoP, but as far as content goes? And the stream of content coming in 7.1 next week, this close to release? If they keep this pace up, I will be very impressed and very pleased with WoW.

Blizzard realises they needed to show of that they are capable, and they are doing just that.

I'm sorry you didnt get exactly the game you wanted, most of us did, or at least close enough.

Expansion is very well done, probably best ever, beautiful, more social too since garrisons have been nerfed.

For me it felt like the movie Avatar though, rehashed content, beautifully done. Burning legion? Karazhan? Even Deathwing makes an appearance. But then Avatar was very popular so who am I to judge

I'd same as ever, if you have a good guild, it's a great game. I think I'm bored of the Wow universe, so, not for me this time round ...

I'm a complete casual these days and for that purpose I'm enjoying the game a lot. Playing only a few hours for a few days a week. There's so much to do and after all these years the game is still fun enough to play, either PvE, PvP, solo or in group.
    If the game is a big part of your life and you want to keep up with endgame PvE content then I suppose it gets grindy and frustrating pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks!
    Sadly, we can't help you with the final choice, that is all up to you. Doesn't matter what we say in the end.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Warlords of Draenor was probably.. well, the content draught was real. Let's leave it at that.

Legion on the other hand has provided us a lot of things to do and is looking really good so far.
    No instances has been revamped - except for Karazhan which we have all been waiting for!
    And I think we will get to feel the passion from the developers with it.
    10 completely new instances with the launch of Legion really tells us (me at least), that they want this expansion to turn out as good as possible. I mean, a lot of conetent has been reused for previous expansions, and while that can be fine, I do prefer new stuff.

Yes, Legion has taken a lot of right turns, and I do not have much to bash on. I know that some friends of mine has come back and enjoys it more now than what they've ever done since 4.2 - Ragnaros in Firelands, oh boy.. that a fun encounter!

It's up to you of course. But the game and been - very much - improved.

if u deice to come back be ready to get consumed by the legion !

It's better than WoD by leagues. Whoever thinks it's worse got severe brain damage during his/her time in WoD. It does get grindy though after a few weeks. Once you are done with Suramar and have seen the majority of world quests there is just standard group content left, which means doing the same things over and over with slightly higher difficulty (if go for mythic+ or raiding). Otherwise after the initial stuff you might as well wait for the next content patch. One hits this wednesdays but the next might only be next year. So I could totally see unsubbing in the meantime as a valid strategy to maximize your resources.

Have enjoyed doing mythics with my circle of friends, have enjoyed emerald nightmare with my guild. Enjoyed levelling, enjoyed questing, enjoyed suramar. Enjoying world quests still even currently.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

7+ Year Old Account

Thanks!
    If you have not played Legion yet, i would recommend buying the game and get 1 month of playing time. There is without a doubt enough game in Legion for you to pay the entry price and if you don't feel like the game is talking to you after 1 month, you can easily quit

The game is more fun atm then back in WoD. The community is more active and social lvl can be high if you are ready to find alot of groups in the LFG system or ready to join a big guild More people are around then in WoD, so the chance for good people-interactions is increased
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy nonstop questing (aka world quests), massive grinds for rep and artifact power, a completely alt and offspec unfriendly gameplay thanks to the artifact weapon system, then this is the expansion you've been waiting for.

And when you realize their excuse for more content is to just make the game a repeating questing system and insane grinds on rep and artifact power, you'll quit.

Only thing I can tell the OP is that Legion is better than WoD, but that's like saying a well polished turd is better than a non-polished one.

SOME of the problems I found:

-Community is toxic, and I mean FREAKING TOXIC. The amount of bitching and bashing other people is the worst I've seen in an MMO, and the worst I've seen in this one (day one Vanilla player here). It's like Cartman cloned himself and you're stuck with 4 of him every time you do instances.

-Are you a gambling man? If so, you might actually like Legion. For me, the amount of range (think Diablo 3 levels of RNG) killed my interest pretty quickly.

-Class balance is whacked right now, with some classes/specs getting actually rejected for mythic and mythic+ groups because they suck.

-Which leads to PvP being completely unbalanced atm, so if you liked PvP, I hope you play one of the more powerful class/spec...

-Professions are a joke.

-The artifact is kind of a boring grind, and I still think the whole system is silly (I get an Ashbringer, and you get an Ashbringer, and he gets an Ashbringer, everyone gets an Ashbringer, because everyone is a special snowflake!)

-The lore/story is pretty weak (although, again, not as bad as WoD)."Hey guys! We're bringing Illidan back! You know, that guy you killed in TBC? Cause ILLIDAN! HYPE!!!"%! /edgelord

-Suramar, one of the new zones, is a PITA. Some love it, most seem to hate it, incusing me. If I wanted to play a game where I had to recharge NPCs every couple of days, I'd just look at my phone while it's charging... Weee!

-After being done with questing, here's what you can do: Grind World Quests, grind dungeons, raid, and hope RNGJesus is on your side. That's pretty much it (maybe a minion battle from time to time).

-Did I mention the toxic community? On par with League of Legends bad? I think it bears repeating.

It might be worth coming back and try it out if you can pay your sub with the Wow Token, then you'd be playing for free (like me atm), but I certainly wouldn't pay 15$/month for this game in the state it's in right now.

You want a bazillion things to do with a nice community? Try FFXIV.
    Last edited by Azmoden; 2016-10-23 at 01:19 PM.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Deleted
    Legion is hands down the best expansion wow has seen so far. The amount of stuff to do is overwhelming and they are adding a ton more stuff to do this wednesday.
    The only thing really to hate about it is the massive influx of RNG with the TF/WF system and the legendaries. Otherwise it's absolutely fantastic.
    Some people with rosetinted glasses will probably say otherwise, but well, imho it's really a ton of fun.

Deleted
    The legendaries are the only thing that is not good in Legion, that is all. The community is horrible but if you find a guild, that's not a problem.