Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Would it be a bad thing if they just added a Legendary Trade NPC?

Just to cut out the RNG on RNG. Getting a Legendary should be a good feeling, not a bad one (like getting Sephuz or Prydaz). Would it be a bad thing if you can just trade a legendary for a one you do like? Price could be an X amount of Blood of Sargeras or a few Curious Coins. Now if everyone trades his Sephuz and Prydaz for another legendary that is the developers mistake of making such underwhelming legendaries.

I'm also extremely surprised they are adding a legendary upgrade item into the game once Nighhold releases. Rewarding lucky players with BiS legendaries even more

Why stop there? Why not just get all 9 of them mailed to you when you hit 110? Drama and excitement free.

Yeah, it would be bad. RNG is fine (I do not have any legendary yet). Just play the game and be happy when you get your first. The second will follow.
    Sephuz and Prydaz will be redisigned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries wouldn't feel legendary if you can just farm out the currency for it.

Even if you could Convert a Legendary into a currency that you can exchange for another one would still take away the feeling you get when you get the piece you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was also very surprised with the ilvl boost to legendary's.
    And i could see a trader happening in 7.3 or something.

But only if you can trade 2 or 3 legendary's and get 1 of your liking back in return.

The tradeoff should be a real choice ....
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, it would be bad. RNG is fine (I do not have any legendary yet). Just play the game and be happy when you get your first. The second will follow.
    It's not just those. Those Aggramar Stride boost (gives movement speed based on %haste) is also horrible for specs that don't stack haste. I expect they change it to whatever your highest stat is or make it scale with strength instead

They should just make 1 legendary for each class. 8 legendaries for each spec is overkill and hard to tune.
    Also just make them drop from Mythic raids(or lower chance on Heroic version). Those people deserve it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    As far as I understand, they said that they implemented bad luck protection. If you don't have one yet, then that isn't a reason to complain if that is the case. I believe the point of legion legendaries is exactly how they said it was, a complete surprise that psychs you out when you get it, but the point of farming for them is going to burn you out, so, you're supposed to just do whatever else you can and not expect the drops to happen. That's pretty much the issue, though, as many people feel entitled to extremely rare drops over those that already have had them drop.

In short, with their implementation, anything that you do to make them easier or specifically target-able to collect drastically reduces the "OMG" feeling when you actually get them and makes the game even more gear gating than it already is.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    As far as I understand, they said that they implemented bad luck protection. If you don't have one yet, then that isn't a reason to complain if that is the case. I believe the point of legion legendaries is exactly how they said it was, a complete surprise that psychs you out when you get it, but the point of farming for them is going to burn you out, so, you're supposed to just do whatever else you can and not expect the drops to happen. That's pretty much the issue, though, as many people feel entitled to extremely rare drops over those that already have had them drop.

In short, with their implementation, anything that you do to make them easier or specifically target-able to collect drastically reduces the "OMG" feeling when you actually get them and makes the game even more gear gating than it already is.
    When I got Sephuz twice on 2 different characters I said anything but OMG, I was disappointed. So that OMG feeling (for me at least) was already drastically reduced

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    When I got Sephuz twice on 2 different characters I said anything but OMG, I was disappointed. So that OMG feeling (for me at least) was already drastically reduced
    I would of happily taken Sephuz on my mage over the absolutley useless in every single possible way Legendary that I got, which is the abortion Norgannon Foresight. Not only do they give me my 2 worst stats as a fire mage but also the 'Legendary' proc they give (Cast and move) is something mages can already do with a talent. There is literally no situation where these boots are useful for my class...I have no idea why they are on the loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Legendaries wouldn't feel legendary if you can just farm out the currency for it.

Even if you could Convert a Legendary into a currency that you can exchange for another one would still take away the feeling you get when you get the piece you want.
    Nothing about these legendaries feels legendary so no change there :P

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It goes beyond those two items. I know for me when I was at an 851 item level only 3 legendary items were upgrades. Some of that is poor design weighting secondary stats too highly, some is poor design on the legendary items. Now if you could just reforge again as horrible as that system was it would fix some of this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    They should've used some kind of token trade-in system (like for the raid-sets), to not create that amount of disappointment when the least useful legendary available drops.

yeah i felt soo legendary when i got one from cache after being off for weeks....

Getting a piece of trash like sephuz secret doesn't feel legendary, in fact it feels less legendary than buying something rare from a vebdkr

If they redesign some of the legendaries and actually make them good there should be no vendor for legendaries. But if they dont do that, i think there should be a way of salvage shitty legendaries you dont wanna use and then use the mats u get for salvaging to obtain other legendarys or obtain some sort of item u can use to Titanforge one of your items/relics or something.

Deleted
    They could maybe solve the issue by allowing to you to fully customize the stats of the utility legendaries. As in you choose which 2 stats are on it. Then if you get a utility legendary it won't increase your DPS via the passive but via the stats of your choosing.

Yeah because the RNGfest makes it so legendary getting a legendary right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Getting a piece of trash like sephuz secret doesn't feel legendary, in fact it feels less legendary than buying something rare from a vebdkr
    This. Fuck that ring and all it stands for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Nothing about these legendaries feels legendary so no change there :P
    As much as i would agree with you but the stats are better then most epic pieces of that slot, so it's better then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    yeah i felt soo legendary when i got one from cache after being off for weeks....
    Lucky, I haven't gotten shit for legendaries and I'm constantly doing Heroic dungeons when i have free time.
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Just sounds like some one is salty. As i mention recently the stats are probably better then what you had before. The Unique bonuses are cancer to this game when people feel they are obligated to their BiS legendary.
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-10-25 at 02:43 PM.

As much as i would agree with you but the stats are better then another Epic piece of that slot, so it's better then nothing.

Lucky, I haven't gotten shit for legendaries and I'm constantly doing Heroic dungeons when i have free time.
    Just sounds like some one is salty. As i mention recently the stats are probably better then what you had before. The Unique bonuses are cancer to this game when people feel they are obligated to their BiS legendary.
    You mean a ring with a shit proc? And hell actually the stats are shit for my Resto Shaman because no Mastery. I'd be better off with a worse ring with Mastery-crit. Especially since the ring itself doesn't have a main stat anymore and just Stamina since the whole crap with removing it from rings instead of offering switchable stats like every other goddamn gear piece.