Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    thats all PvP buffs or am I reading the main page wrong?
    Scroll down further for the PvE buffs.

Im wondering. With the T19 bonuses and the legenday helmet, will Rime/Howling Blast spam beat out frost scythe in aoe? HB just got a very large buff, couple that with more Rime thanks to T19 and anothrr 40% damage when Remorseless winter is up I could see some really interesting aoe buils that arent focused on spamming Frost Scythe!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they don't nerf scythe... i hate the build but going "oblit is still not used enough so we are nerfing frost scythe and not buffing oblit, kthxbye

I don't see why we can't just put a secondary effect onto mastery that makes it also provide a buff to crit damage. So say, x% frost damage y% crit damage, then nerf some frost damage abilities to normalise the new effect and before you know - it all parts of the class scale relative to a nice synergy between crit and mastery. Which I believe are the stats frost are intended to spec into predominantly.

I mean, it'd also be a nice little legacy throwback to when dk crits did double damage...but that's just me

Edit: spelling stuff
    Last edited by Poppleop; 2016-10-19 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    350k DPS on Ursoc Mythic with 870 ilvl... hmmm Monks out-do us by far still single target with lower Ilvl and Higher dmg ... or you did something wrong ofc
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nkings&fight=4 if i had a 16% buff i would be on par with other high dps specs... its fine to me

Should be in a good spot, the Razor Ice change for Sustained AoE is quite good, unfortunately the Oblit change will probably only push back Frost Scythe 1 tier, after that we'll probably be back to this with the the increase to mastery gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Should be in a good spot, the Razor Ice change for Sustained AoE is quite good, unfortunately the Oblit change will probably only push back Frost Scythe 1 tier, after that we'll probably be back to this with the the increase to mastery gear.
    So the rotation will be back to using Oblit on KM in ST situations? Forgive me if I'm off, I've been maining UH the entire time thus far. I'd like to get some playtime in with Frost as I loved it before (I mean like ICC ArmorPen before!).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nkings&fight=4 if i had a 16% buff i would be on par with other high dps specs... its fine to me

I'm sure if others you compared yourself to had strong legs they would be higher percentile and total % damage too. You got two legs, one of them the frost belt, while not BiS, it certainly help make you look better in the % ilvl.

To be honest % ilvl bracket is so heavily skewed by what kind of legendaries make that ilvl up, that is not really a tool to indicate skill on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post
    So the rotation will be back to using Oblit on KM in ST situations? Forgive me if I'm off, I've been maining UH the entire time thus far. I'd like to get some playtime in with Frost as I loved it before (I mean like ICC ArmorPen before!).
    Oh so the time that obliterate actually hit hard....I miss those times

No. If OB crits and the resulting Rime-empowered HB crits the damage will be similar to a FSc crit with ~33% mastery. If HB does't crit the OB/HB combo will be well behind FSc, and if Rime doesn't proc it will be way behind FSc.

It's most likely going to depend on your own gear set up, When 7.1 drops, I would go to the dummies and just smack it for awhile and see how much oblit does for you, then how much Scythe does. Adding the chance at a Rime proc in damage.

If the damage of Oblit is at or above Scythe, I would probably use Oblit, then switch to RA for ST

So the rotation will be back to using Oblit on KM in ST situations?
    Yes, this definitely kills the "machinegun" rotation where you largely skip Obliterate.

The machine gun rotation skips obliterate. Using FSc on KM and OB otherwise isn't machine gun.

All these Frost buffs will do is close the gap between Unholy and Frost. Death Knights as a whole will continue to suck because they're not addressing the underlying scaling issues for the class as a whole.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Simcraft predicts a 9% DPS gain for Frost and a 4% gain for Unholy.

Frost Single Target
    Frost T19H baseline: 313.9k
    Frost T19H w/changes: 342.7k (+9.2%)

Frost 3 Targets
    Frost T19H baseline: 442.2k
    Frost T19H w/changes: 483.0 (+9.2%)

Unholy Single Target
    Unholy T19H baseline: 326.5k
    Unholy T19H w/DCoil buff: 336.6 (+4.0%)

Note that I'm not simming all the 7.1 PTR changes, the change to Frozen Pulse in particular. For some reason when I set Simcraft to PTR I get much lower numbers, so the built-in PTR settings are broken somewhere. However the default T19H FrostDK profile doesn't take Frozen Pulse so that doesn't have material impact here.

These are substantial Frost buffs to both single and AE. Interestingly even though Howling Blast got a whopping 50% buff, it's such a small portion of total damage that AE didn't jump ahead further. Again remember this is simmed without Frozen Pulse which everybody should absolutely take unless in a pure single-target situation.

Unholy buff is a smaller nudge upwards, but should make using Death Coil feel more impactful.

Overrides are below, if anyone wants to duplicate.

Code:
    # Howling Blast 55% -> 82.5%
    override.spell_data=effect.41296.ap_coefficient=0.825
    # Obliterate 760% -> 912%
    override.spell_data=effect.331345.base_value=456
    # Razorice 2%/stack -> 3%/stack
    override.spell_data=effect.44095.base_value=3
    # Death Coil 85% -> 127.5%
    override.spell_data=effect.39872.ap_coefficient=1.275
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-10-19 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Frozen Pulse buff is pretty significant though, it should bring sims closer to predicted values of ~15%.

You will get higher uptime on Frozen Pulse in 7.1, certainly, but each "tick" hits for 21% less damage. It's definitely a buff for Obliterate-centric priorities, but if you played MG in 7.0 it will be much less so.

No reason to expect anywhere close to an additional 6% overall performance gain, even if you're playing Obliterate today. But I can't sim it because it's broken in Simcraft-- it shows 7.1 FPulse as ~50% the DPS and same uptime as 7.0 even though it was only nerfed by 21% flat damage and should have higher uptime.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-10-19 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Personal tests on the PTR give me 10%-20% (depending on KM RNG) higher DPS compared to Live. I'm using Runic Attenuation and Glacial Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Simcraft predicts a 9% DPS gain for Frost and a 4% gain for Unholy.

Frost Single Target
    Frost T19H baseline: 313.9k
    Frost T19H w/changes: 342.7k (+9.2%)

Frost 3 Targets
    Frost T19H baseline: 442.2k
    Frost T19H w/changes: 483.0 (+9.2%)

Unholy Single Target
    Unholy T19H baseline: 326.5k
    Unholy T19H w/DCoil buff: 336.6 (+4.0%)

Note that I'm not simming all the 7.1 PTR changes, the change to Frozen Pulse in particular. For some reason when I set Simcraft to PTR I get much lower numbers, so the built-in PTR settings are broken somewhere. However the default T19H FrostDK profile doesn't take Frozen Pulse so that doesn't have material impact here.

These are substantial Frost buffs to both single and AE. Interestingly even though Howling Blast got a whopping 50% buff, it's such a small portion of total damage that AE didn't jump ahead further. Again remember this is simmed without Frozen Pulse which everybody should absolutely take unless in a pure single-target situation.

Unholy buff is a smaller nudge upwards, but should make using Death Coil feel more impactful.

Overrides are below, if anyone wants to duplicate.

Code:
    # Howling Blast 55% -> 82.5%
    override.spell_data=effect.41296.ap_coefficient=0.825
    # Obliterate 760% -> 912%
    override.spell_data=effect.331345.base_value=456
    # Razorice 2%/stack -> 3%/stack
    override.spell_data=effect.44095.base_value=3
    # Death Coil 85% -> 127.5%
    override.spell_data=effect.39872.ap_coefficient=1.275
    Is this true? So frost officially will be better than unholy on the 25th? I better start putting ap into my frost artifact

You can't use sims to compare across specs like that-- even if the sims were perfectly accurate, the output is close and they don't simulate actual raid encounters. The numbers do imply (but not prove) that Frost and Unholy will probably be pretty competitive with each other. Which is what everybody wants, after all.