Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    these people who hate both candidates.. the only thing they love more than hating them is talking about how much they hate them. i guess its easier to whine about it than actually read the platforms and make an informed decision. you dont always get what you want, especially when you dont even know what you want. stop complaining.
    I think the people who hate them do so... because they read their platforms. They understand that both candidates are shitty people, and wouldn't vote for someone they do not trust. the people who support neither may be the most informed of all. They aren't the ones defending their candidates actions, whilst chastising the other side for doing the exact same thing.

Deleted
    That's the % that doesn't vote anyway :P (I really wish non-votes would turn into empty seats/none of the above and get counted anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if we'd see several years of an empty President seat and half empty parliaments in countries where you don't vote for a president)

Vote for Trump, I want to see what happens

They should still vote for Trump cause Trumps presidency, even if you hate the guy is still better than putting that corrupt North Korea style dictator on the throne. It's absurd how she can get away with anything while the media talks about Trump saying some naughty things 10-15 years ago. If it was anyone but Hillary Clinton, they'd be in jail right now.
    Naughty things he said in private company 10-15 years ago
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2016-10-19 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Oh man, even better!

"It's not our fault, man! It's [let's see, who can we pass the buck onto this time, oh I know] the media's fault! We're faultless in all ways! Yay! Those silly older people, calling us self-centered, entitled twats who can't take responsibility for anything. Pfft, what do they know. It's the media that's the villain! Look at them. LOOK AT THEM!!!"
    Speak for yourself, not everyone dissatisfied with trump and hilary failed to vote. Hell, I live in California, one of the last states to vote in the primary, when the cause was hopeless, and I still voted. So stop with your own generalizations and whining.

OT: You know what I would prefer though, is for Trump and Clinton to have another debate, and then have a much small meteor than the one stated to "join" them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    "Obviously we don't think that they're serious," Dyck said in a phone interview on Tuesday.
    Why don't you think we're serious, Dyck?

That 23% of young voters now form a death cult praying for the total annhilation of all life before Hillary or Trump wins, sounds pretty accurate to me - I know some people who are pretty seriously opposed to either candidate - they expect Hillary to start WW3, and Trump to burn the world down by himself: when choosing amongst three options for how the world should end, a meteor is nice and quick.

All praise the Giant Meteor, may his benevolent gift of death find us all! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Akritar View Post
    Young Americans have never been so poorly educated. Their world view is based on the media. Meanwhile polls were showing GB won't vote to exit the EU either.
    Media, and being the most educated generation in history, with the wealth of all human knowledge permanently welded to their fingertips since birth - but yea.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Supertony in 2020.

My campaign slogan "can't be worse than the last one"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have stated numerous times, I have no problem helping people who cannot help themselves. That means I would gladly get the gay Iranian a plane ticket, and help him get started on a new life. The woman who got left by her husband, I'd be more than happy to help take care of her children. As for her, she made her choices, and she should have been better prepared. For the disabled girl, can she work and make a living? As a veteran, I know plenty of disabled people, and most of them manage to find work just fine. The elderly man who worked in a factory, did he bother to save for retirement? Did he plan ahead? The old man and the woman who had the kids made choices to get where they were. The children had no choice, and it's likely the gay Iranian did not have a choice, assuming he was born in Iran. As for the disabled woman, it may have been a choice or not, I do not know why she was disabled.

When someone has the opportunity to plan and prepare for their future, they should take it. Once they choose not to do so, then they have opted to be at risk of being poor.
    If it was just as simple as planning, everyone would be a billionaire. People are born in different places and circumstances, they get into different life-changing events, etc. Demanding that everyone who can work works without any support is idiotic: people have different abilities to work. A disabled veteran is much less of a potential worker than a young strong guy with Stanford diploma (which, again, not everyone can afford).

You understand the situation of a gay guy from Iran, but you don't understand the situation of an old guy who was born in a bad neighborhood in a bad and poor family, was stuck his entire life on low-paid jobs barely ensuring his survival - and in the end was dismissed by every member of his family, because he stopped generating income? Both are victims of the circumstances. And, to an extent, every single person is a victim of circumstances. Some rise above the circumstances, like Nick Vujicic; some, in contrary, drown below them, like people winning dozens millions dollars in a lottery and going bankrupt soon thereafter... But in the end, there is no person on this planet whose life is a pure product of their choices.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the people who hate them do so... because they read their platforms. They understand that both candidates are shitty people, and wouldn't vote for someone they do not trust. the people who support neither may be the most informed of all. They aren't the ones defending their candidates actions, whilst chastising the other side for doing the exact same thing.
    Most don't seem to have read them. Also, there is no hypocrisy in chastising people for having a stupid position. It is one matter when someone says, "I hate Hillary because I disagree with her X, Y and Z policies". It is another matter when they say, "Uuuugh, liar! Uuuugh, e-mails! Uuuugh, feminism! Uuuugh, her hubby is a sexual violator! Go, Trump, go!!!" Or, for support: "I support Trump for his policies X, Y and Z", versus, "He will make SJWs cry! He is against the establishment! Shut up, you haters, he's the best!!!"
    Last edited by May90; 2016-10-19 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Damn it, this video wasn't on YouTube... going to have to grace your presence on NG instead;

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/682775

Very appropriate to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    If it was just as simple as planning, everyone would be a billionaire. People are born in different places and circumstances, they get into different life-changing events, etc. Demanding that everyone who can work works without any support is idiotic: people have different abilities to work. A disabled veteran is much less of a potential worker than a young strong guy with Stanford diploma (which, again, not everyone can afford).

You understand the situation of a gay guy from Iran, but you don't understand the situation of an old guy who was born in a bad neighborhood in a bad and poor family, was stuck his entire life on low-paid jobs barely ensuring his survival - and in the end was dismissed by every member of his family, because he stopped generating income? Both are victims of the circumstances. And, to an extent, every single person is a victim of circumstances. Some rise above the circumstances, like Nick Vujicic; some, in contrary, drown below them, like people winning dozens millions dollars in a lottery and going bankrupt soon thereafter... But in the end, there is no person on this planet whose life is a pure product of their choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Most don't seem to have read them. Also, there is no hypocrisy in chastising people for having a stupid position. It is one matter when someone says, "I hate Hillary because I disagree with her X, Y and Z policies". It is another matter when they say, "Uuuugh, liar! Uuuugh, e-mails! Uuuugh, feminism! Uuuugh, her hubby is a sexual violator! Go, Trump, go!!!" Or, for support: "I support Trump for his policies X, Y and Z", versus, "He will make SJWs cry! He is against the establishment! Shut up, you haters, he's the best!!!"
    It's not as simple as planning, it's about execution and following through on choices made. I know plenty of people who were born into poverty, and managed to escape. My entire hometown was like that. Sometimes it means making very scary choices, like moving across the country, away from everything you know.

The hypocrisy in regards to partisanship lies with people who knock Trump for his assholeness (totally a word), yet ignore all the assholish (totally a word) things that Hillary has done. Or, for those who claim to want less government or that they are fiscal conservatives... then backing Trump's platform. The same can be said for the Hillary supporters who claim to want personal freedom.

I know. "Boo hoo hoo, the world is out to get ME and ME alone! Oh woe is me! Why is everyone picking on ME ME ME ME ME?!?!?! I AM FLAWLESS, DAMMIT! Whaaaaaa! Just stop it world, give me my safe place! I'm a special snowflake!!!!"

You'll see it when you get older and your balls finally drop, kid. The fact that you actually do think you're special, enlightened, and above everyone else, and all "old people" are dumb, stupid bigots says it all.
    That's an awful lot of words you put in smrund's mouth.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as simple as planning, it's about execution and following through on choices made. I know plenty of people who were born into poverty, and managed to escape. My entire hometown was like that. Sometimes it means making very scary choices, like moving across the country, away from everything you know.

The hypocrisy in regards to partisanship lies with people who knock Trump for his assholeness (totally a word), yet ignore all the assholish (totally a word) things that Hillary has done. Or, for those who claim to want less government or that they are fiscal conservatives... then backing Trump's platform. The same can be said for the Hillary supporters who claim to want personal freedom.
    The "some have done it, so everyone can and should!" argument really isn't something I would base my position on. But I feel like we are speaking different languages at this point, so I will pull out.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

The "some have done it, so everyone can and should!" argument really isn't something I would base my position on. But I feel like we are speaking different languages at this point, so I will pull out.
    The "some have done it" is to show that it is entirely possible, based on the decisions people make. At the end of the day, we need to be responsible for ourselves. The more social programs we create, the less personal responsibility we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "some have done it" is to show that it is entirely possible, based on the decisions people make. At the end of the day, we need to be responsible for ourselves. The more social programs we create, the less personal responsibility we have.
    I fail to see how personal responsibility depends in any way on the amount of social programs.

I don't know how else to explain it to you... Maybe when you get old, due to some crisis all your savings will be wiped out, and you will have to depend on the society to survive - you will understand. I would think though that basic empathy should be enough for that. Even if someone has made poor choices in life resulting in their life being miserable - so what? How does it make them less deserving of support?

I fail to see how personal responsibility depends in any way on the amount of social programs.

I don't know how else to explain it to you... Maybe when you get old, due to some crisis all your savings will be wiped out, and you will have to depend on the society to survive - you will understand. I would think though that basic empathy should be enough for that. Even if someone has made poor choices in life resulting in their life being miserable - so what? How does it make them less deserving of support?
    The more the government assumes responsibility, the less responsibility a person has for himself. The issue with deserving support comes with whose money it is. It's not just about your money, it's about everyone's money. If you want to give unto yourself, that's generous. If you want to give money from others, that's selfish.

If I get old, and something wipes out my savings, mutual funds, 401k, investment portfolio...then feel free to let me die.

You clearly have me confused with someone else.

(Hint: I was a Sanders supporter and actually voted for him in the preliminaries. You don't see me crying and bitching because he didn't become a candidate, however, nor do you see me decreeing how unfair and wretched humanity is because my preferred choice lost out. That's because that's how democracy works. If the only other Americans who bothered to show up and vote decided to turn this country into a shitstorm of hilarious embarrassment, so be it. They'll reap what they sowed. Hopefully the next time around, they'll get their heads out of their collective asses and make sure it doesn't happen again.)

I didn't ask a question. I stated a fact.
    You'll reap what they sowed too... Which is why young people complain about the geriatrics who nominated Hillary.
    Critical Thinking: Try It.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more the government assumes responsibility, the less responsibility a person has for himself. The issue with deserving support comes with whose money it is. It's not just about your money, it's about everyone's money. If you want to give unto yourself, that's generous. If you want to give money from others, that's selfish.

If I get old, and something wipes out my savings, mutual funds, 401k, investment portfolio...then feel free to let me die.
    I don't think categories like "deserve" should even be considered, when we are talking about policies. We need policies that address the problems, not those that address some kind of abstract moral stance.

Nobody is giving money from others. The society as a whole has decided that there are categories of people who need support, and developed policies aimed to do just that. There is nothing selfish about it, because everyone gives and everyone gets. Selfish would be to advocate for a policy that benefits you purely at others' expense, but doesn't benefit others at your expense.

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly have me confused with someone else.

(Hint: I was a Sanders supporter and actually voted for him in the preliminaries. You don't see me crying and bitching because he didn't become a candidate, however, nor do you see me decreeing how unfair and wretched humanity is because my preferred choice lost out. That's because that's how democracy works. If the only other Americans who bothered to show up and vote decided to turn this country into a shitstorm of hilarious embarrassment, so be it. They'll reap what they sowed. Hopefully the next time around, they'll get their heads out of their collective asses and make sure it doesn't happen again.)

I didn't ask a question. I stated a fact.
    No, I actually dont, You said that people should get involved. He said ppl get involved, then your rebuke was to simulate a tantrum.

And you did not stated a fact. You bet that he was registered to vote, he said he was registered. The only fact here is that you were wrong.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    These millennials best Wake up quick. Their Green Party candidate just threw her support to Trump. Jill Stien just said if Hillary gets elected we'll end up in Word War III with Russia.

Even she knows and is making clear what is at stake.

HRC and the corrupt fascist pigs must not a stay in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    These millennials best Wake up quick. Their Green Party candidate just threw her support to Trump. Jill Stien just said if Hillary gets elected we'll end up in Word War III with Russia.

Even she knows and is making clear what is at stake.

HRC and the corrupt fascist pigs must not a stay in power.
    One crazy person supports another crazy person. But the "millennials" should wake up, yeeeeeeah!

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    You'll reap what they sowed too... Which is why young people complain about the geriatrics who nominated Hillary.
    It really, truly, deeply is astonishing how hard it is for some (most) of you people to keep up with a conversation. Jesus Christ.

Helpful tidbit: I'm not the one bitching and crying about who made it to the final ballot. I'm not happy about it, but it IS democracy in action because that IS how democracy works. Instead, people like you ARE, in fact, bitching and moaning and threatening all kinds of mentally retarded things, all the while blaming everyone and anyone you can rather than accepting the reality of the situation.

Critical Thinking: Try It.
    Take your own advice, kiddo. But be sure to actually be informed and, you know, aware of the conversation you're in before opening your mouth, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    No, I actually dont
    No, you actually do.

I said that you (as a collective whole, not an individual, and I know how PAINFULLY hard it is for you little kids to accept that you're not a special snowflake and the world doesn't, in fact, revolve around you) should have actually done something to change the outcome rather than just piss and moan about the state of things, all the while refusing to accept the reality of the situation and instead continue on with your temper tantrums about how "old people" are out to get you. Or whatever ridiculous mentality you have going on there; it's impossible to tell considering how quickly you pivot at the drop of a hat when you're shown how idiotic and infantile you're being.

I don't think categories like "deserve" should even be considered, when we are talking about policies. We need policies that address the problems, not those that address some kind of abstract moral stance.

Nobody is giving money from others. The society as a whole has decided that there are categories of people who need support, and developed policies aimed to do just that. There is nothing selfish about it, because everyone gives and everyone gets. Selfish would be to advocate for a policy that benefits you purely at others' expense, but doesn't benefit others at your expense.
    We don't need policies, some people want policies. There is a difference. Taxation and social programs mean you are giving other people's money.