Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

FINALLY got my 828 Mage into a Mythic using LFG...

And pulled 40% of the group's damage...

It was a long run, but no wipes. I was worried that losing almost 10% crit from my gear just go get high enough ilvl to do LFR earlier that day (just dinged a day ago) was gonna get me kicked from the group for poor DPS, but the healer and I did the majority of the DPS for the entire run (everyone was 840ish).

The saddest part, though, is that it'll probably be a LOOOONG time before I'm invited into another group since I got no upgrades and I'm still sitting at 828.

So here's to everyone who worries about carrying those low ilvl plebs *cheers*

If anyone needs an 828 mage to carry their 840 group just hit me up!

Edit: I know my post comes off a little arrogant, but that's mostly jokingly. I thanked them sincerely for the run. It's not my place to be rude to a group that accepted someone as low ilvl as me, especially when we made it through. Regardless of their performance, they're champs in my book.
    Last edited by Compstance; 2016-10-19 at 12:29 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post

It was a long run, but no wipes. I was worried that losing almost 10% crit from my gear just go get high enough ilvl to do LFR earlier that day (just dinged a day ago) was gonna get me kicked from the group for poor DPS, but the healer and I did the majority of the DPS for the entire run (everyone was 840ish).

The saddest part, though, is that it'll probably be a LOOOONG time before I'm invited into another group since I got no upgrades and I'm still sitting at 828.

doesnt change the fact that you are more likely to get a reasonable dps at higher ilvls rather than at low ilvls, that being said i did get an 850 warlock early in the expansion, the week or the week after mythics released, who only did 79k dps on bosses. i was also running mythic with a guildie who was on his alt and we had to pug 1 dps, and the dps instantly started whining about how we shouldnt ask for higer ilvl from pugs than the alt had, but the differencei s that we knew the guy on his alt was a pretty good player, we know nothing about people from LFG except for their ilvl

7+ Year Old Account
    sad thing here is my warrior has a 842 ilvl and has not stepped foot into a mythic yet

Didn't even know ppl still ran mythic dungeons.
    Just do timewalking/HCs if your ilvl is that low, easy 840+ after few HCs.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    doesnt change the fact that you are more likely to get a reasonable dps at higher ilvls rather than at low ilvls, that being said i did get an 850 warlock early in the expansion, the week or the week after mythics released, who only did 79k dps on bosses. i was also running mythic with a guildie who was on his alt and we had to pug 1 dps, and the dps instantly started whining about how we shouldnt ask for higer ilvl from pugs than the alt had, but the differencei s that we knew the guy on his alt was a pretty good player, we know nothing about people from LFG except for their ilvl
    No doubt, my story is simply anecdotal. But sometimes it's good to take a shot in the dark, you'll meet some great people now and again. Not saying that if your group is already on the low end that you should grab some undergeared person and "hope" they work out, but if your group is already overgeared for the content, sometimes it's good to grab someone for the hell of it, they might surprise you.

I know back in Heroic Dragon Soul our guild was looking for a pally healer. We had a few interested, but one guy stood out because he kept pushing. He was in all blues and said that he had just come back from overseas (military). He wasn't obnoxious, but he was very forward in his application, well spoken and intelligent. We chose him over some others and he solo healed H Ultraxion the first night and ranked in blues. Again, it's anecdotal and the exception to the rule, but every once in a while it pays to bring someone along who may not be quite up to gear yet.

Grats on being a mage.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Grats on being a mage.
    90% of the mages I see are total retards. Had one in 860 doing 80k dps, standing at 40y range casting dragon's breath as part of his rotation and other crap like that (it was his first time as fire, apparently, as if that excuses anything). Then the next run we had a frost mage doing equal numbers while pulling absolutely everything in range with his stupidity. We ended up clearing the entire hallway in HoV because he just pulled everything. Then he pulled like 10 avoidable mobs on the way to fenrir, and several more on the way back.

But at least they provide water so they've got that going for them...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    90% of the mages I see are total retards. Had one in 860 doing 80k dps, standing at 40y range casting dragon's breath as part of his rotation and other crap like that (it was his first time as fire, apparently, as if that excuses anything). Then the next run we had a frost mage doing equal numbers while pulling absolutely everything in range with his stupidity. We ended up clearing the entire hallway in HoV because he just pulled everything. Then he pulled like 10 avoidable mobs on the way to fenrir, and several more on the way back.

But at least they provide water so they've got that going for them...
    Yeah, I can only assume that fire mages pulling such low dps have no clue how their spec actually works and doesn't chain crits for shit. It's a pretty fun and interactive spec.

Yeah, I can only assume that fire mages pulling such low dps have no clue how their spec actually works and doesn't chain crits for shit. It's a pretty fun and interactive spec.
    I really like (playing) fire mage in 5 mans. Too bad it's super boring in all other contexts, including raids. In my opinion.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    no it isnt lol

Still doing heroics that drop relics for me (neither of my relics is over 800 ilvl) because my weapon is still only 808. Other than that, though, there's not much in heroics to warrant running them. I'd rather browse LFG while doing WQ, and if there's nothing by the time I'm done I'll just play overwatch for the rest of the night.

The days of me spamming random heroics and sitting in LFG all hours of the night for minor upgrades is gone. I'd rather do something I enjoy than sit around being denied by groups all night or spamming heroics with people that take forever to finish anything.

Deleted
    GG pal and good on you but i'd still take someone with a higher ilvl everytime. nothing personal and thats exactly the point, its not personal and i dont have time to personally get to know you and how you play and for every gem like you there are far more people at a lower ilvl that wont play their class well and subsequently wont pull the numbers needed. Also balance of probability would suggest that the higher the ilvl of the player, the more they've experienced and the more comfortable they will be in handling the content and so me and probably the majority of other will continue to judge on ilvl.

One more point, i quite regularly run mythics with guildies to boost them and help them gear up, you could always join a guild like this or even set up your own group...thats how i geared my tank alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    a fire mage thats really good in a 5man, unbeliveable
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    No, no, no. You're not suddenly 840 due to Heroics. 830 with some RNG. Going from that 830 to 850 or higher is a serious issue. Too low to reliably get into Mythic+, which is your most reliable source of upgrades.

Deleted

Edit: I know my post comes off a little arrogant, but that's mostly jokingly. I thanked them sincerely for the run. It's not my place to be rude to a group that accepted someone as low ilvl as me, especially when we made it through. Regardless of their performance, they're champs in my book.
    So ur basicly telling us that ppl in LFR do shit dmg...........not exactly a new insight

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    no it isnt lol
    I went from 802 to 840 in like an hour did one mythic got fed all the gear and then I had high enough level to turn all my world quest gear into epics.

It really doesn't take much.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    standing at 40y range casting dragon's breath as part of his rotation and other crap like that
    That would be pretty funny if a mage kept doing that.

What?! Hard to get to 840?? I made an alt and got it to 850 ilvl and i don't even have a day played at lvl 110...from 850 up os the big problem specially as dps if you rely to gear from m+ and wq...the problem is m+ is too overrated at least untill +6 and you can clear them in time with 845 ilv woth no problem specially of you have a dps like DH, frost dk or fire mage who deal massive oae bursts and help clearing packs easly...the community is not like it used to be, now the people that have time to invest in hc raids or mythic are no longer interested in giving lower geared ppl any chance...I myslef everytime i try to make a mythic+ instance i get whoever comes first as long as their ilvl is similar to mine...if I have mythic +3,4,5 for sure I won't care if the people applying have 850 ilvl or 870 forst to apply gets invited.

Make your own group. Problem solved.