Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Post Fury as migrants allowed to SKIP housing queue while Swedish families go without home

Earlier this month Express.co.uk reported several councils in the Scandinavian country are prioritising the requests of asylum seekers ahead of their own citizens, with migrants given housing straight away, despite Swedes being placed on a huge waiting list.

Now 20 accommodations in Klippan, in south Sweden, are being prepared for migrants after a new policy demanded all available apartments owned by the municipal property company be put aside for asylum seekers.

The move has been criticised by Therese Borg, of the Swedish Democrats (SD) party, as she argued the migrants should be placed on the list and wait their turn.

Ms Borg said asylum seekers urgently needed to be placed on the list alongside regular people because hardworking citizens risked growing resentful of the preferential treatment.

She told Nyheteridag: “You can see a lot of comments on Facebook. People are p****d off.

“There are a lot of teenagers living at home and who are looking for [a small apartment] to move into as it is a good place to start [building a life].

“You can’t move out and apply for something larger when you can’t afford it.

"The small apartments are necessary for [the youth] moving out, but they are not offered them unless the newly arrivals decline to take the property.”

The SD politician also said the council should start focusing on the migrants already living in the area, rather than focusing funds on asylum seekers who might arrive in the future.
    (source)

I suppose migrants are the only thing welcome in Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like this in Iceland as well, refuges that are selected to come to Iceland get to go first in line, free housing and 4k$ a month for 1 year, many Icelanders need to wait 5 years to get a housing and they get to go first in line, it's fucking infuriating.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Should really focus on swedish citizens getting apartments before they start worrying about getting non-citizens apartments. Everyone I know is annoyed over non-citizens getting priority over citizens.

Not a good way to make people less negative about it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (source)

Migrants are welcome in Klippan? I thought the local Swedes there were amongst those who played with fire to torch refugee centers. I might remember wrong though.

Deleted
    Where do these people live anway? I'm talking about both, swedes and refugees. Because if the refugees live in a camp or a refugee center, I can completely understand why the government would prioritize them over a swede that already lives in a house or apartment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    Where do these people live anway? I'm talking about both, swedes and refugees. Because if the refugees live in a camp or a refugee center, I can completely understand why the government would prioritize them over a swede that already lives in a house or apartment.
    I can't. They're not citizens. The citizens should come before non-citizens in any matter.

They are also buying apartments, competing against the locals with their own tax money. That's fucked up.

Deleted
    It's been like that for years over here in the netherlands. Not great if you're in a lower income bracket and looking for a cheap place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    I can't. They're not citizens. The citizens should come before non-citizens in any matter.

They are also buying apartments, competing against the locals with their own tax money. That's fucked up.
    Tell me, do you eat marbles so you can hear them rolling around in your stomach?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

That still doesn't wipe away the anger someone is going to have over losing out after being forced to wait for years.

Ironically, it's also stupid to reward people for line jumping while people pay fees and wait. But, surprisingly, that's not a problem, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Tell me, do you eat marbles so you can hear them rolling around in your stomach?
    Uh, no. Why would you do that?

What does this have to do with my post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post

They are buying apartments, competing against the locals with their own tax money. That's fucked up.
    I disagree completely, if a refugee lives on the street, a camp or a refugee center, it's not outlandish or insane, but very rational to make sure that this refugee get's a home before somebody who already has a home. Your statement about citizens always coming first makes no sense to begin with, that would include crazy policies like not treating a refugee who has a heart attack, because there is citizen who broke his arm and should be treated first.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Swedistan is lost and has become the world's joke.

Deleted
    I disagree completely, if a refugee lives on the street, a camp or a refugee center, it's not outlandish or insane, but very rational to make sure that this refugee get's a home before somebody who already has a home. Your statement about citizens always coming first makes no sense to begin with, that would include crazy policies like not treating a refugee who has a heart attack, because there is citizen who broke his arm and should be treated first.
    They already have a home if they're in an asylum facility.

No, it's not rational to give preferential treatment.

Your last point is null, that's not how any health care system works nor should they. They don't give preferential treatment based on your citizen status, they do it based on the risk of you getting injured or even dying. You're just trying to extrapolate this into areas where there is no preferential treatment.
    Last edited by mmoc1afe70b5e4; 2016-11-02 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (source)

Priorities! Makes me feel better about my...oh wait, our government is just as dumb.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good that few people think like you these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Swedistan is lost and has become the world's joke.
    Well, maybe MMO-Champion's joke.

But I assure you, if you came here and lived for 6+ months, you wouldn't want to go back to wherever you came from.

(Unless you're Norwegian, perhaps. I have a nagging feeling it's even better in Norway.)
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Truly pathetic. But not unexpected, sadly.

sounds like your typical hate-stirring, nazi-appealing bogus article.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I support welcoming a certain amount of refugees pertaining a good program to force integration (language, etc...) into their new home, that they would gain preferential treatment over citizens is infuriating, especially as someone whose wife has to go through a 2 year spousal process for permanent residency.

I believe a country's citizens should always come first.

Oh seriously, because teenagers need their own apartment now? I mean, I'm all for young adults moving out from home fairly early in their lives, but before 20 y.o. most people are still studying or have just finished their apprenticeship (don't know if that exists in Sweden) and if they need subsided homes to live on their own MAYBE, just maybe, it is a little too early for such a step? They don't have urgency and can survive at home a few more years. It's a whole different story in case of broken homes, abused kids and such and in case of poor Swedish/resident families who need a place to stay just as much as asylum seekers do. In those cases there should not be line jumping, ofc. But teenagers? C'mon..