Poll: Favorite EN boss?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The Spiderbird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Didn't really get to experience the fight properly yet, is it kinda like Cho'gall then? In Cata - Bastion of Twilight?
    Its kind of like cho'gall in the way that you get corruption for being hit with abilities, but during the fight you can get full corruption and the 150% dmg increase buff 1 time without getting MC. So if you are good with control, you can use this mechanic to deal a good amount of dmg
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Il'gynoth if I had to choose but I can't say I really like any.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Cenarius, the mechanics the boss involve are quit interestings, otherwise, xavius with the "dream" phase thingy, cool to fight against him aswell huehue

Deleted
    Il'gynoth and Cenarius, on mythic to be specific. The first becomes actually interesting because it's not longer a just massive aoe fest with the bloods etc. Cenarius is actually not bad end boss, i've grown to like epic bosses with intermissions (Lei shen, garrosh, Imperator were awesome) but this one is really hard, the damage going on there is absolutely insane. Rest of the raid to me feels pretty mediocre. Nythendra being generally boring, Ursoc not terrible but i'm honestly bit surprised they reused Butcher again. Renferal and Dragons are alright imo, the mechanic centered bosses. On Dragons it would've been nice if the Portals required you to maybe have different groups for each one because if you don't do the portals then it's just a buffed version of heroic. Xavius? Well, it's basically a ra-den right? The difference is that the boss itself isn't hidden but the secret was that it's easy and simple last boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    In terms of what I do as a healer: Xavius at the top with Ursoc at a strong #2
    In terms of the fight mechanics and other aspects: Cenarius

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

None of them. The heroic bosses are all basically just zergs. On mythic every single boss is poorly designed.

Nythendra is too easy with a relatively badly designed mechanic (pool placement is largely irrelevant and bugs force movement meaning there's no particularly strong advantage to doing this well, and if you all funnel into an area that's clear of them you get all the bugs there). MCs are generally irrelevant because they don't have enough HP. You should automatically wipe if 10 people get MCed.

Dragons has unavoidable raid-wide CC as a "mechanic" and has hard transitions where a boss becomes invulnerable leaving half of your raid doing nothing for a considerable period of time. During the last phase you have both a mechanic to stack in a moderately ticking plant and a mechanic to avoid a high damage circle on the ground. The design of this fight is so scattered and bad it's clear it wasn't thought through for more than 5 minutes.

Renferal's mechanics can virtually all be completely ignored even if done poorly. It's sad when the environment is legitimately the hardest part of a mythic boss fight.

Ursoc is a stupid fight. It's a tight DPS check if you go in at 860? There's nothing else in the fight. You just move and cleave an add that is almost impossible not to kill before it fears people.

Il'gynoth is probably the best designed fight in the instance, but still has lots of stuff undertuned and is automatically garbage because it's a timed fight. I'd much rather the Ichors have some mechanic that you can game to get in the eye faster, even if it meant making the fight significantly harder, the push should be dependent on what your raid can handle, not just "kill the Ichors in time, oh look nothing is spawning, I guess we go in now, cool fite blizz!" They should also have a lot more health. It's stupid that even on progression half of your DPS can just not touch Ichors and you still kill them fast enough. The first kills of HFA didn't have people going AFK even, that came with gear. At least there's a point where you need people alive and awake to do DPS, unlike HFA.

Cenarius would be a good fight if it didn't have one of the worst mechanics in any fight I've ever seen. His HP is also far too low and you should not be able to indefinitely tank dragons. It forces that one shit mechanic to be even worse because you lose half of the room, and everyone kills it that way because Exorsus did it.

Xavius is just free loot. I'm fine with calling this a 6 boss instance.