Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DPS class with the least RNG associated with its success?

Just wondering what the consensus is on which spec is the least RNG reliant in Legion.

Is there such a thing? If Outlaw Rogue is the extreme end of RNG reliance, what would be opposing class with zero to little RNGesus involment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm
    Outside of outlaw, all the classes seem to have switched to priority based rotation instead of the old 1234123412345 style system
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

BM hunter. Only one rng spell proc. Rest is all just cooldowns.

Subtlety rogues have very minimal RNG to them. Minor energy refunds and consistent passive combo point generation is the only thing out of your control.

ret paladin, besides gear drops I cant think of anything that is rng in my rotation

Shadow is actually pretty straight forward, only RNG part is Auspicious Spirits.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if you mean rotationwise or damge output wise, but you could do simulations with simulationcraft's sample profiles and look at the dps distributions.
    For example, if you simulate Outlaw rogues you get sim values between 230k and 420k while for retribution you would see values between 250k and 330k.

These simulations should be taken with a grain of salt, but it does show whether the spec has potential to vary a lot, or if it's a more steady output.

I'd have to say Windwalker monk is the lowest RNG spec. Just about every pull I see myself doing the same numbers and if they fluctuate its because of some error on my part in dying, CD usage, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Shadow is actually pretty straight forward, only RNG part is Auspicious Spirits.
    Probably this^

Can be the worst class with some boss mechanic rng however (Manno fears xd)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerroth View Post
    I'd have to say Windwalker monk is the lowest RNG spec. Just about every pull I see myself doing the same numbers and if they fluctuate its because of some error on my part in dying, CD usage, etc.
    Yeah, I play a WW monk as well. Only thing that affects dps is the number of targets( can I cleave on a boss and use cd's for this), up time(some mechanics do favor ranged.) and of course fails on my part.

Pretty cool spec to play tbh.

Balance Druid. Maybe Fury Warrior?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Yeah, I play a WW monk as well. Only thing that affects dps is the number of targets( can I cleave on a boss and use cd's for this), up time(some mechanics do favor ranged.) and of course fails on my part.

Pretty cool spec to play tbh.
    And stupid free Blackout Kicks that gimp my SEF legendary uptime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Just no until they fix the mastery snapshotting. Getting the SFC proc is as RNG as it gets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Fury dps depends quite a bit on Enrage uptime which is based on Bloodthirst crits and Rampage, so Id say it has its fair share of RNG. Also I have the Execute legendary ring so that gives me more RNG, but I like that ^^

PS: Rampage has 2 RNG parts to it, because of the Artifact traits that give the ability a chance to buff yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    And stupid free Blackout Kicks that gimp my SEF legendary uptime.
    Ah I don't have that legendary

Still I don't have that many free blackout kicks either xD

Not unholy... Have to agree with the people saying ww monk and spriest (especially the former). I play the two as alts and there is really little to no inherent rng in either spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW monk from what I've played has like 1 proc, and that doesn't really change your rotation all that much when it does happen

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd also say WW monk. The spec manages to be fun, engaging, versatile, and non-reliant on random procs.

Holy paladin :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Just wondering what the consensus is on which spec is the least RNG reliant in Legion.

Is there such a thing? If Outlaw Rogue is the extreme end of RNG reliance, what would be opposing class with zero to little RNGesus involment?
    Enh is also pretty RNG reliant with their Stormstrike and Windfury procs. I'd say they are even more RNG than Outlaws.

My WW doesn't have much RNG. Only thing I can remember that he has is BoK proc, which doesn't effect your DPS by a whole much.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama