Page 64 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But the parties and why they are the way they are is a factor IMO.
    And that's whats wrong with this country, people think that a R or D in the name really matters, both are corporate puppets, doth only feign to care to get your vote.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You saying your guy won = Hillary people saying Hillary won. Or do you not see your own hypocrisy?

Donald is behind by 6 points before the debate and he did nothing to convince independent/undecideds to change the election. Barring some wikileaks nuke being dropped on Clinton it is going to be numerically impossible to win the election based on history. Regardless what he said or how he behaved if Donald can't reach into that group and change the election in his favor then he failed at this last Debate. Hillary only had to keep from losing voters, donald had to keep from losing voters and reach into the middle for more.
    I'm only responding to your post because it's semi related. CNN says that 52% say Hillary won, like 39% said Trump won. I think the more telling metric that they took however, was the question of who did last nights debate make you vote for?

23% Trump
    22% Clinton
    5x% Neither

So apparently neither actually won the debate, unless you force the person answering to choose between the 2.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-10-20 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Wait. So you think democrats are racist against minorities AND Whites?

Is there anybody you think democrats are not racist to?
    The Jews, they have the money. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Hi guys, so I didn't tune into the debate, but as I listen to the lamestream media apparently the subject of the entire debate last night was whether Trump would blindly promise, no matter what, he'll honor the results of the election. Do I have that right?
    Yep, that's pretty much it. this whole election and how it's been handled by the media and both parties is embarassing.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    And that's whats wrong with this country, people think that a R or D in the name really matters, both are corporate puppets, doth only feign to care to get your vote.
    The thing I always find funny is trying to explain to someone from Michigan about a Kentucky Democrat. They tell me that sounds like a Michigan republican instead.

Not every R and D stands for the same thing. They all have their interest in getting voted in again because that's how they make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    I'm only responding to your post because it's semi related. CNN says that 52% say Hillary won, like 39% said Trump won. I think the more telling metric that they took however, was the question of who did last nights debate make you vote for?

23% Trump
    22% Clinton
    5x% Neither

So apparently neither actually won the debate, unless you force the person answering to choose between the 2.
    If Hillary is ahead by (8 points according to CNN which trends democrat) (6 points according to fox who trends Republican) and they draw at the last debate it means none of the cards change hands. If none of the cards change then Hillary wins the election. If Donald starts with a losing hand in poker and has to get the cards to change in the debate and fails to do so and ends with a losing hand then he lost the debate. Hillary just had to make sure she didn't get rid of any cards. That debate did not change the game enough to change the outcome.

Donald had some strong moments and didn't fall into every trap laid out for him but he got hammered on sex scandals and Putin. He was on the defence most of the time and she never really had to answer for her scandals at all. There were opportunities where he could of hammered her but preferred to defend himself instead. His attack lines were the same things we heard in the last two debates, she brought in Putin much harder this time.

You can imagine that your guy won or your girl won, but if the cards didn't change then in the end the election stays where it is today and if the election happens today she wins by nearly 100 electoral votes.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much it. this whole election and how it's been handled by the media and both parties is embarassing.
    Yea its not just Trump that's embarrassing its really just how both sides of the aisle is acting down to the name-calling you see in this very thread.

I mean ive seen a lot of you guys flame trump so much and the go flame someone else in such a fashion that it really makes you sound like Trump but just a democrat Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm not dividing anyone. Thats a fancy buzzword you parrots have been feed by the alt-wrong. I'm quoting history, historical fact. Do you think all the democrats moved to the northern states after the civil rights act and all the republians moved to the south? Before that Republicans were northerners and Democrats were southerners. I'm sorry but the dixiecrats are no longer democrats, they are the backbone of the souther republicans, the very marrow of the bone structure. You can't rewrite history just because it doesn't fit your narrative.
    The dixiecrats are dead, you keep on beating that horse though, mean while the racism the left has brought about in the black community is alive and well. Keep up the good work of spiting this country.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And yes, it is common to be attacked if you support Trump. The video of the DNC hiring workers to start violence at Trump's rallies and the fire bombing of a GOP headquarters in NC, proves how rampant and dangerous this is. You can see this type of mentality here to the degree you will be belittled and looked down as being some kind of scum for supporting Trump. Even Hillary thinks half of Trump supporters are deplorable, so you can see what kind of leader she is.
    This to me has honestly been the most frustrating thing to me about the entire election. I don't like Trump, and I think he would make an exceptionally poor President. But I can understand what his appeal is to a lot of people. A lot of people think the system if flawed, broken, or crumbling and would rather have someone who is going to stand around shouting about all the things that are wrong than someone who is basically the embodiment of the current bureaucratic political machine. Even if he has no idea what he's doing, they'd rather someone just get in there and shake it up than sit back and continue with the status quo.

Yes, he does a lot of lowest-common-denominator fear pandering, and people that that message plays to are a part of his base. But dismissing everyone who would vote for him as a deplorable racist, complete idiot, or both ultimately brushes off and fails to address the other parts that people find appealing, and thats both willfully ignorant and dangerous. When you have a sizable group of people who are frustrated and feeling ignored, insulting and dismissing them as ignorant racists is an unconsciously poor response and only going to serve to make matters worse.

That Trump courts ignorant racists with fear mongering obviously doesn't help, and makes painting everyone who votes for him as such that much easier, but its still a failure to acknowledge that its more complicated than that and that underneath Trumps impulsive erratic noise-machine persona he is hitting a cord with people. Trump is his own worst enemy in this regard, as his inability to stay on topic, boisterous lying (do we have a tally of the number of times Trump has said "I never said that" followed immediately by video or audio evidence of him saying that?) and easily provoked reactionary behavior consistently undercut any time he starts pushing those other aspects people find appealing. But that doesn't mean its not there under the bluster, and Trumps criticizers really need to stop pretending it doesn't exist.

If nothing else at the very least stick to insulting Trump rather than the blanket condemnation of anyone voting for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's hilarious that some people are considering this debate a draw. Trump got crushed. It wasn't close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Funny, low blow ad hominem, but funny nonetheless.
    "Ur fat" is hardly what I'd call a low blow. Tony's gotten so desperate that most of us just feel sorry for him. He posts personal information and then when someone uses it against him he whines to the mods about doxxing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I think it's hilarious that some people are considering this debate a draw. Trump got crushed. It wasn't close.
    Pfft. Please. I'm going to call this thing a draw still, they are both awful people. Idc what one says over the other, I want actions, not words. And so far, I'm not likely going to see that if hillary does win. She's 8 more years of obama...in a sense. However, if she does atleast 1% of her list of good things during her time as president, then....I call that a win. But as of now, they both don't seem like shit.

Hillary is a democrat, so expect all talk no do. And trump..is just...idk?! They're both bad. But, hey if I want change, then trump it is. I already know the fucking consequences of picking a democrat, lord knows what obama did as president (In which I voted for...twice).

I really wish there had been more focus on Hillary's many testimonies and the events surrounding them.

But the things that occurred there are far too complex to meet the extra low standards of media based politics and the majority of voters are too uninformed, uninterested, and honestly too stupid to keep up with that.

Take the Blumenthal-Libya saga for example.

Here you have a man who is a drunk with a DUI conviction, who worked for attack groups so radical that most Democrats didn't want to associate with him, who pushed the strategy of "permanent campaigning" as a priority over actually governing, who was being paid by the Clinton Foundation, who was trying to establish his own business in Libya, who tried to gain employment at the Start Department for the specific reason of advancing his potential Libyan business, who was rejected for that SD position by the White House because of his lack of credibility - lack of background - and for hostile hateful and borderline racist comments about President Obama, who has no education in foreign policy yet declares himself to be an expert on it, who has education in intelligence yet declares himself to be an expert on it...

..this man was a primary source for Hillary Clinton's operational intelligence in Libya.

A person who was not an official member of any intelligence agency, or government body, had considerable influence over the then Secretary of State's actions and advise to the President.

When this was discovered it was highly criticized and investigated because obviously its not appropriate to go outside of government when handling government matters, because its a breech of policy and national security to have 3rd party agents acting for their own advancement exerting control over situations, and because this man had been rejected for serious legitimate reasons from participating in this very type of exchange.

And when it all came out, what did Hillary do?

She did what she always does: she turned to the media and told lies.

She lied about Blumenthal being involved.

But that lie was busted by investigation into emails, they found his identifying information.

So she came up with a new lie.

She lied saying that she never solicited information from Blumenthal.

But that lie was busted by more investigation into the emails, they found dozens of emails from Hillary directly soliciting input from Blumenthal.

(And of course this was all made possible by the fact that Hillary was operating this exchange on her own private server, which many people never really understood why she was doing it or the consequences/impacts of that scheme - its a borderline shadow government.)

She sat there during the testimony over this smug and half asleep before a serious panel of duly elected Representatives making glib comments and spouting the "I do not recall" line.

Further demonstrating Hillary's corrupted nature, emails were found between Hillary and staffers asking that the intelligence which Blumenthal provided be re-

She did this because she knew it had to be taken up the chain, ie to the White House, and that she knew the White House and the President would take issue with Hillary soliciting and making use of information from a man who had been rejected on serious grounds.

--

And this is just one of the HUNDREDS of multi-faceted convoluted acts of corruption that you really have to sit down and devote considerable amounts of time studying mountains of data before you can even begin to understand what went down.

I really wish voters could be a little smarter about these things.

This women should absolutely never have been allowed to become a Presidential candidate.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

He did at least keep his cool... For like 30 min.
    But yeah, he's got crushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    For those who did not watch it, what are the most stupid things Trump/Mr.Garrison said?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    This women should absolutely never have been allowed to become a Presidential candidate.
    I imagine if the uninformed masses hadn't primaried in a complete buffoon against Hillary, the Republicans stood to gain a lot of ground this election. As it is Trump's mouth is losing Republicans many down ticket elections almost for certain at this point.

Of course, the party of personal responsibility will always have someone else to blame for their failings.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Pfft. Please. I'm going to call this thing a draw still, they are both awful people. Idc what one says over the other, I want actions, not words. And so far, I'm not likely going to see that if hillary does win. She's 8 more years of obama...in a sense. However, if she does atleast 1% of her list of good things during her time as president, then....I call that a win. But as of now, they both don't seem like shit.

Hillary is a democrat, so expect all talk no do. And trump..is just...idk?! They're both bad. But, hey if I want change, then trump it is. I already know the fucking consequences of picking a democrat, lord knows what obama did as president (In which I voted for...twice).
    It's a debate. Why are you looking for actions, and not words? I think you need to realign your expectations with reality.

Secondly, 8 more years of Obama isn't bad. And more than half of the country agrees with me. It seems like you're just following the lead of a few naysayers because you don't want to take agency for the state of your life. But more importantly the trajectory is positive. Obama started at a low point. Now the country is doing much better. '8 more years of Obama' would see continued improvement if trends hold, not stagnation.

Third, this perception that 'democrats just talk and do nothing' is another point of hilarity. Obama got a lot done during his terms, and he was facing a hostile congress for much of it. He didn't get everything done. But that's not the expectation, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He did at least keep his cool... For like 30 min.
    But yeah, he's got crushed.
    That's part of it. The other part is that Clinton actually did a good job, unlike her second (and perhaps first) performances.

It's a debate. Why are you looking for actions, and not words? I think you need to realign your expectations with reality.

Secondly, 8 more years of Obama isn't bad. And more than half of the country agrees with me. It seems like you're just following the lead of a few naysayers because you don't want to take agency for the state of your life. But more importantly the trajectory is positive. Obama started at a low point. Now the country is doing much better. '8 more years of Obama' would see continued improvement if trends hold, not stagnation.

Third, this perception that 'democrats just talk and do nothing' is another point of hilarity. Obama got a lot done during his terms, and he was facing a hostile congress for much of it. He didn't get everything done. But that's not the expectation, either.

- - - Updated - - -

That's part of it. The other part is that Clinton actually did a good job, unlike her second (and perhaps first) performances.
    I think she did an ok job the firs time. The second was horrible on both sides though. Just insults and nagging.
    But yes, she did a good job this time, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I imagine if the uninformed masses hadn't primaried in a complete buffoon against Hillary, the Republicans stood to gain a lot of ground this election. As it is Trump's mouth is losing Republicans many down ticket elections almost for certain at this point.
    Ya that's another perfect example of the same voter stupidity I was talking about.

Voters are either complete idiots or they are just accepting being treated like complete idiots by media ...probably a little of both.

Did you take a few minutes to read through that whole post I made though?

I mean holy shit, its as interesting as it is corrupt.

The things we don't know about how government works, right?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    For those who did not watch it, what are the most stupid things Trump/Mr.Garrison said?
    - Bad hombres (talking about Mexicans)
    - You're a nasty woman (directed at Clinton)
    - I'll keep you in suspense (talking about accepting the results of the democratic process)
    - Many Syrian immigrants are definitely aligned with ISIS and we're letting them in without vetting (paraphrase)