Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    "Is Are the majority of people just plain awful at WoW?"

Probably the same ballpark % as the number of people who can't handle basic sentence structure and grammar.
    Actually...

“Majority” is one of those words that can be either singular or plural. Common sense works pretty well in deciding which. If you mean the word to describe a collection of individuals, then the word should be treated as plural: “The majority of e-mail users are upset about the increase in spam.” If the word is used to describe a collective group, then consider it singular: “A 90% majority is opposed to scheduling the next meeting at 6:00 A.M.” If you are uncertain which you mean, then choose whatever form sounds best to you; it's not likely to bother many people.

So yeah, 'the majority is' or, as in this case, 'the majority of people are'.

Edit: Oh, misread it myself. I thought your correction was to 'is', but it was the other way around. You were right, carry on.
    Last edited by Amerissis; 2016-10-20 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Really? This is how you live your life? Why?
    I treat people very well.
    I just don't expect nor believe I'm entitled to the same. Entitlement is what causes yall to be upset, lol.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mash buttons when I do Mythic+ dungeons. I don't even try to try. I'm sure someone that simply has better trash DPS (not hard) can obliterate my damage in one of those things and I don't care. I mean I'm not doing shit but I just plain don't care what strangers in a random Mythic+ group care. I don't even look at the meters at all because as long as the run isn't complete shit, nothing matters.

This is what happens a lot of the time more than everyone sucking. Make no mistake, there are absolutely terrible people playing this game but what the majority of you guys are going on about is lazy people facerolling 5-mans because they like to faceroll 5-mans.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I treat people very well.
    I just don't expect nor believe I'm entitled to the same. Entitlement is what causes yall to be upset, lol.
    That word does not mean what you think it does. Expecting to be treated with respect has nothing at all to do with entitlement.

And im sure there is quite alot of people better than the OP that would say the exactly the same about him/her/it...??!
    'what a shit player...'
    People that come to forums to complain about other people....so fucking 2010 boring and pathetic all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awful is relative.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    I sometimes join a random heroic for a WQ/Satchel and I'll start pulling small packs as usual, I've just joined and met these people so I don't know their skill or gear. If things die very fast I'll likely end up pulling additional packs to speed the process up, however pulling 3-4 packs just because that particular tank is geared may put strain on your healer keeping the group alive and cause deaths.
    So much this. I still remember with horror the HoV hc I joined as bear with a disc priest healer who mainly used plea to heal (no atonement), two absolutely awful dps doing less than 100k on aoe, and then a hunter who ninjapulled as much as he could even after I asked him not to. I left after three wipes. Ridiculous trying to tank 3+ trash groups even overgeared when the 3/5 of the group isn't putting out enough numbers and I'm the only one interrupting.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That word does not mean what you think it does. Expecting to be treated with respect has nothing at all to do with entitlement.
    entitled
    ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)ld/
    adjective
    believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them"

It's the internet. Everyone is an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I cannot do that if I wipe due to other players mistakes.

This is a GROUP ACTIVITY. The mindset "it's just a game" stops working as soon as you start playing content with other people that demands a certain competence (M+ Dungeons or H/M Raids).
    If you want the "it's just a game" thing: single players and LFR are -> that way.
    Do not be impolite and waste 19/4 other people's time.
    Find people with the same mind set. What you expect, when you are grouped with random people, having different aims in the game.
    "It's just a game thing" is not only LFR, it is also LFD,it is also LFG. You waste your time not understanding this easy principe. You have to socialize to do the content you want with people you enjoy doing it.

Not everyone bothers to optimize their gear the get the best secondary stats possible enchants gems relics talents. Like for me I take whatever I got and have fun with and don't bother with enhancing because I play the game for story experience and not to have the best optimized character.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-10-20 at 11:39 AM.

entitled
    ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)ld/
    adjective
    believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them"

It's the internet. Everyone is an ass.
    Expecting normal interaction and respect instead of being cursed stiff is not a special privilege or special treatment. It's common courtesy. Entitlement would be me expecting you to carry me in a dungeon while I go on /follow, or for the game just to send me my gear without even entering the dungeon, or things like that.

Deleted
    entitled
    ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)ld/
    Wrong, it's pronounced /ɛnˈtʌɪtld/.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Not everyone bothers to optimize their gear the get the best secondary stats possible enchants gems relics talents. Like for me I take whatever I got because I play the game for story experience and not to have the best optimize character.
    Which is fine, fair play to you and enjoy it. I think the point people are talking / whining about is when people do group content with a solo mindset and are unwilling to break away from the steady away ethos you get from solo content.

10+ Year Old Account
    entitled
    ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)ld/
    adjective
    I don't view common decency and politeness as "special treatment", but maybe we have just been raised differently.

I don't view common decency and politeness as "special treatment", but maybe we have just been raised differently.
    see: it's the internet.
    thinking that you deserve politeness is entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioo View Post
    You waste your time not understanding this easy principe. You have to socialize to do the content you want with people you enjoy doing it.
    No I don't, since I very rarely play with randoms and stick to guild runs.
    I'd never do a HC/M raid with a PuG. Nor would I care to venture into a M+ dungeon with strangers, as I do consider my time too valuable for that.

I just find this whole "It's just a game" as an excuse to screw everything up and dragging 4+ people down with you while still feeling fine about yourself to be a rather idiotic mindset.

Yes, the majority of players are bad at wow. Try helping them. Most of the people who save cd's for just bosses actually think that's how you're supposed to play.

As for the number of packs pulled, as a tank I go balls to the wall most of the time. But sometimes I just got off work and hop in a heroic for the satchel or something, I'm in no rush, and don't feel the need to pull 4 packs every pull and do a mad dash to the finish. People man... people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically enough hes entitled to hold that view. I agree, politeness and decency are not special treatment in civilized society but the operative word in that case is civil. Wow is not very civil at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    see: it's the internet.
    thinking that you deserve politeness is entitlement.
    Your logic is flawed.
    Just because there are little to no consequences for being an arse, doesn't mean being an arse is the right thing to do.

Your logic is flawed.
    Just because there are little to no consequences for being an arse, doesn't mean being an arse is the right thing to do.
    Doesn't mean that it isn't, either.