Really bad assassination parse (logs linked)

Hi there,

so i just switched from OL to Assassination, and i definitly can't be efficient with this spec. I tried to read as much as i could about the spec, did a loooot of dummies training, but still i can't get more than 280-290k on dummies (my simcraft says i should do 345k dps, as a 866 ilvl with 44% crit, 7% haste, 6% versatility and 70% mastery)

you can see a few target dummies parses and more about my weapons on the logs i recorded tonight, you can find in on warcraftlogs.com/guilds/userreportslist/56487 and the parse is named assassination test (i failed to record it properly because anytime i vanish to rupt, it gets me out of fight...)
    So I really don't get what am i missing and have lots of questions unanswered in mind :

- do i reset rupt / garrote too early ?
    - should i try to do more envenom during EP ?
    - do i wait too much before using my CP on envenom (i try to save as much energy as a can to spam more mutilates / anything else during Elaborate Planning) ?
    - should i try to reset EP to make it up the whole time kingsbane is on the target ?
    - do i waste too many CP trying to reset rupt only with 6cp ?

i'm not new to "hard" specs and rotations as i was a huge fan of subtlety during HFC and even got great rankings with this spec during progress, but this time, I really don't understand how to do better dps :/

if it can help here is how i play it :

Talents : EP / nigthstalker / deeper strat /AP / venom

Engage : stealth>garrote>mutilate>rupt>vendetta>mut to 6cp>vanish>rupt>kingsbane

Normal rotation :
    - keep garrote and rupt up everytime (garrot reset on CD, rupt at 7sec if i can, ALWAYS with 6cp, NEVER with less)
    - when vanish is up, wait till my rupt falls to ~7sec and then vanish + rupt with 6 CP)
    - mut to 5/6cp then wait for 110-119 energy, then envenom>mut>mut to benefit from EP (of course with all dots up)
    - when vendetta is up and all my Dots have been refreshed, i try to get 5/6 CP, wait for energy, then kingsbane(if up)>envenom>mut>mut>envenom to make my 2nd envenom benefit from EP
    - when kingsbane is up, i try to do it just before or just after rupt / envenom to make it benefit as much as possible from EP

i think that's all. as you can know now, i really try to make benefits from Elaborate Planning, and try to not waste too much energy / cp (except for 6th CP for rupt if i only got 5).

If anyone can help, let me know because i tryed everything (this + the fact that i can't really track my dps on skada because of the vanish>rupture making it reset)

Thanks guys

Edit : you can find my character gear on EU armory, i'm Shardee, undead rogue from Ysondre (FR) in the guild adveRsity
    Last edited by shardee; 2016-10-20 at 04:22 AM.

Hey buddy,

You did not turn advanced logging on, so I cannot see your gear/artifact/relics, etc.

What I can tell you from the parse you linked is two things:

1. Due to how low your mastery is, you should be using Exsanguinate. AP really starts to shine when you clear about 100-105% mastery.

2. Your Elaborate Planning up-time is pretty low. Mine is usually around 72-76% on a fight like Ursoc. You can use Envenom at 3-6 CPs right when EP is about to fall off in order to refresh the buff. This is especially true during a Nightstalker rupture, and during Kingsbane.

Thanks for your advices ! So you are sying that i should aim for mastery before crit ? i'll try this tomorrow !

About my gear you can check the armory of my char, i made an edit line at the end of the previous post ! My weapons have Two vendetta reset relics and one rupture % crit if i remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by shardee View Post
    Thanks for your advices ! So you are sying that i should aim for mastery before crit ? i'll try this tomorrow !

About my gear you can check the armory of my char, i made an edit line at the end of the previous post ! My weapons have Two vendetta reset relics and one rupture % crit if i remember correctly
    That's correct, drop the haste and crit to 40% to increase mastery above 100%. You will be closer to your sim. I use recount as dps meter and if I am fast enough he will include the vanish rupture in my current run.

Deleted
    You can use macro/cast vanish /cast rupture

can someone please help me i am 860ilvl and my dps seems really low

name is peakahboo on sargeras i show up on warcraft logs i am a noob

Quote Originally Posted by rderubeis View Post
    can someone please help me i am 860ilvl and my dps seems really low

name is peakahboo on sargeras i show up on warcraft logs i am a noob
    Rupture = 6 CP unless you really need the energy regen then you can do with 5

Only used Kingsbane 5 times ( ~3min ) on a 4:45 fight

You should Envenom more often with 2~4 CPs just to keep Elaborate Planning up, specially during major cooldowns like a Nightstalker Rupture/Exsanguinate Rupture/Vendetta/Kingsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I have a quick question that may not be worthy for a new thread, but I saw some discussion here. I hope OP doesn't mind me asking in his or her thread.

At what % Mastery does Master Poisoner outweigh EP? I'm currently at 38% Crit and 127% Mastery and I do decent in our Mythic raids with AP build, but I'm not that great at maintaining good uptime on EP. Although, as I read above, I didn't think it would be good to do 2-4pt Envenoms to maintain it. It may be important to note I'm an officer in my guild that usually has to call things over Discord and monitor the actual encounter while performing optimally, and I'm aware that this handicaps me a bit.

So with my level of mastery, could MP possibly be equal or slightly better than EP?

I try simming my character, but I'm not very good with Simcraft. I struggle with it.
    Probably only on Nighthold, around ~150'ish, BUT we still need a decent chunk of crit to make it work ( ~40% ), sadly that's still doubtful, I do hope though that around MP giving ~12% bonus damage on total ( 2.4 on each stack ) it comes out on top

But you should not see big "drops" in DPS if you choose MP over EP, they're fairly close given you have the mastery you have, but EP is still king nonetheless, it's another multiplicative bonus damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shardee View Post

Vendetta relic is the worst. You should Always try to get rupture dmg out from those, but its ok. Mastery is way better than crit or versa but you should not be using mastery gear before you have enough of it. (I have about 151% mastery atm)

Anyway, I am sure you will do fine in a moment. Still trying to master the spec myself since it got changed in the patch.

Be well!

Quote Originally Posted by Abrog View Post
    Vendetta relic is the worst. You should Always try to get rupture dmg out from those, but its ok. Mastery is way better than crit or versa but you should not be using mastery gear before you have enough of it. (I have about 151% mastery atm)

Anyway, I am sure you will do fine in a moment. Still trying to master the spec myself since it got changed in the patch.

Be well!
    1 - Where does the "Vendetta relic is the worst" come from?

2 - Mastery is way better than crit or versa? With that much mastery, you sacrifice too much crit, so not even enough efficient Surge of Toxins uptime

I have a question though, how much does each stack of AP give you in bonus damage?

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    1 - Where does the "Vendetta relic is the worst" come from?
    His ass, because that's completely wrong.