Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    your supposed to pay for those products. they aren't neccesities you won't die if you don't get them. refusing to pay for them is theft.
    I'd happily pay for it. The problem is that it's not available to me, they are not selling it to me, they dont want to sell it to me (not yet atleast, maybe in 5 months). So the conclusion is that they do not want my money. If they did want my money, they would have a distribution platform in place that allowed me to get what they are selling at the same time as it becomes available to everyone else. This would be very easy to accomplish, if they did want my money. Clearly they dont want my money.

The problem lies with the creators, producers and distributors of the content, not with the consumers.

No, what we need is a Steam like distribution platform for movies, remove all the regional bullshit and have global release for absolutely everything. Everything needs to be avilable there for everyone. It is the only single way to greatly reduce piracy. Netflix doesnt cut it.

a lof of the arguments used here is what black people in USA use when they commit crimes. fucking disgusting human beings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    I'd happily pay for it. The problem is that it's not available to me, they are not selling it to me, they dont want to sell it to me (not yet atleast, maybe in 5 months). So the conclusion is that they do not want my money. If they did want my money, they would have a distribution platform in place that allowed me to get what they are selling at the same time as it becomes available to everyone else. This would be very easy to accomplish, if they did want my money. Clearly they dont want my money.

The problem lies with the creators, producers and distributors of the content, not with the consumers.

No, what we need is a Steam like distribution platform for movies, remove all the regional bullshit and have global release for absolutely everything. Everything needs to be avilable there for everyone. It is the only single way to greatly reduce piracy. Netflix doesnt cut it.
    even steam charges a different price for which region you are in.

your argument is flawed and you are a thief. a very low person in the world that resorts to stealing for those that cannot defend themselves. you are a punk ass bitch.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-10-21 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I will always "illegally" obtain tv shows, movies, and music.

I will never pay for them.

Fuck Hollywood and fuck the entertainment industry.

Bunch of halfwit hypocrites.

"wahh rich people don't pay their fair share > tax dodgers"

"wahh the wealth gay is too wide > pay actors $50 million pay the fx artist $15/hr"

"wahh global warming > sends passenger-less private jet to London to pick up jewlery"

And the way that the entertainment industry recklessly injects its rabid one-sided misinformation bias into all issues including this election makes me fucking sick.

There are scores of young people who's entire political understanding is based off Family Guy rhetoric and scripted (read false information) comedy shows.

So ya, cheers to Kickass.

TORRENTS FOREVER.
    It's true. I too download movies because I don't like how the election is being handled. Totally logical.

As an Australian I feel we have several issues that contribute to our high rates of piracy.

Firstly, we are frequently left off the distribution list for many shows.

We either don't get them at all or end up waiting years for it come to us via legit channels. Even paid television is quite limited here with what it provides. Hence, we have high piracy rates here. Classic examples include: GoT or Breaking Bad. If they made that available legitimately the bulk of piracy for those shows would stop here. Things are slowly improving, but there is still a lag, things that netflix has available for other countries isn't available here. And to make it worse fucking Murdoch decides to jump in on the streaming bandwagon and creates a service called "Stan". So know I have tv shows and movies (some are even spilt by season across the two) being locked via exclusive rights across at least two different services both wanting $15/month.

As for steam I think the issue is partly being charged in other currencies. For example, Mafia 3 on steam costs me $69.95 USD (which is $91.80 AUD) versus a hard copy that costs me $52.58 USD ($69 AUD). For what possible reason does steam need to charge me the best part of $20 more when they have no hardware production costs? The only thing I can think of is I'm helping pay for some Bond-esque moon base somewhere.

And it really boils down to companies still acting as though we are in a pre-internet world. We are not. We can see what others have and what it costs them so why not adjust the business model to match it.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2016-10-21 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    a lof of the arguments used here is what black people in USA use when they commit crimes. fucking disgusting human beings.
    Really? Do you even want to go there? Racism much btw?

even steam charges a different price for which region you are in.

your argument is flawed and you are a thief. a very low person in the world that resorts to stealing for those that cannot defend themselves. you are a punk ass bitch.
    Oh wow, someone got triggered...

Yes, different pricing per region is fine. No access at all to content due to region is not. How can you even compare the two?

Like i said, i'd happily pay for the movies/series if i was given the option. However i am not given the option to pay for the content that is available to me, thus i cannot pay for it. It's their own fault and nobody elses.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's true. I too download movies because I don't like how the election is being handled. Totally logical.
    One reason, in a long list of reasons, to not feel guilty about torrenting.

You want to zero in on it with your factious comment and pretend like there weren't other reasons go ahead.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    I pirate to try before I buy. Especially with games and movies, cause I've been burned too many times in the past. If I like it, I do buy it. I got into Dark Souls through piracy, and then bought the game for it's online function. Same goes for Fallout and Skyrim, where I pirated them and then liked the games so much that I had to buy them. Movies are like a shit storm of bad stuff. I thought I would like Suicide Squad but not really. Warcraft Movie though I really liked and bought it. Both movies have mixed reviews.

Deleted
    Didn't read through 6 pages, because I'm a lazy fuck.

The defence based around "we only host torrent files, not actual copyrighted content" was the defence used in the PirateBay case here in Sweden. The court agreed to this, then proceeded to charge the founders with something along the lines of "aiding and abetting filesharing/filesharers".

They got prisontime, and some 4 million euros in fines. Each.

It's not theft, if copyright infringement.
    Sorry if that doesn't sound so dramatic.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    a very low person in the world that resorts to stealing for those that cannot defend themselves.
    Depends on the context, I pirated the new Doom game because it was made by Bethesda and they technically owed me after they bought a F2P game I liked and started charging for it. I didn't steal anything I just righted a wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You mean like, smoking pot and denying you do it, then realizing it got legalized? Or, if you want to go to a Federal level, drinking alcohol and denying you do it, then realizing it got legalized?

Sometimes laws just are asinine, and sometimes that gets pushed in the wrong direction. So, something "being illegal" isn't always a winning argument.
    Asinine how? By asking to pay for something someone else created?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Asinine how? By asking to pay for something someone else created?
    Except that they are not asking for you to pay. They ask for someone else to pay while refusing to sell it to you. If they really wanted the money, they would sell it to everyone on equal terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    One reason, in a long list of reasons, to not feel guilty about torrenting.

You want to zero in on it with your factious comment and pretend like there weren't other reasons go ahead.
    You act all self righteous about so many things and try to justify piracy. It's more then amusing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You act all self righteous about so many things and try to justify piracy. It's more then amusing.
    The problem with putting people in a box is that sometimes the things you think should automatically apply to them don't fit.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
    Didn't read through 6 pages, because I'm a lazy fuck.

The defence based around "we only host torrent files, not actual copyrighted content" was the defence used in the PirateBay case here in Sweden. The court agreed to this, then proceeded to charge the founders with something along the lines of "aiding and abetting filesharing/filesharers".

They got prisontime, and some 4 million euros in fines. Each.
    But why not Google? Wouldn't Google also be "aiding and abetting"? I bet 99% of pirates find their way to torrent sites first with Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    But why not Google? Wouldn't Google also be "aiding and abetting"?
    Because Google is indexing all content, not specifically the files that violate copyright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Because Google is indexing all content, not specifically the files that violate copyright.
    Torrents aren't specifically the files either. Magnet Links aren't even the torrent file itself, but a pointer. This basically puts KickAss Torrents in the same boat as Google, but nobody would dare sue Google.

The same concept can sort of be said about the torrent sites. Google search gives you the information to go to the site to download the torrent-file (it can also give you information about even direct downloads as well), and the torrent file then gives the information to download the illegal content. It's no surprise the torrent sites are the only ones being hunted down, and google is left with some occasional requests to ditch some results instead.
    Disclaimer: I don't support any illegal activities, copyright infringements included. What drives me nuts is the privileges and the absurd punishment power the copyright associations have today. Illegal activities deserve punishment, but things have gone so badly out of hand on the front against piracy.

Do you understand the difference between an item that cannot be duplicated (cartridge or disk, a book), and a digital data that can be trivially replicated?
    All these things can be duplicated.

Do you understand the difference between an item that cannot be duplicated (cartridge or disk, a book), and a digital data that can be trivially replicated?

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between Google and torrent hosting: a search engine indexes publicly available data without particular purpose and prejudice. Torrent hosting indexes only files intended to illegally distribute copyrighted content with the sole purpose to distribute copyrighted content.
    You can duplicate pretty much all forms of physical media.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano