Party-based RPGs that are soloable

I have a lot of fun running through party-based RPGs with one absolute boss of a character. My first experience doing this was a decade and a half ago with Baldur's Gate 2. Of late I've been having a lot of fun doing the same with Wasteland 2, the entire Baldur's Gate series, some of the new Shadowrun games and I've got Pillars of Eternity in my sights. I haven't tried soloing Dragon Age, but based on google searches it looks doable, but I guess I'm more of a fan of the top-down "Infinity Engine" style-games.

I understand that oftentimes a lot of storyline is conveyed through party members, either I'm OK with that or I've played the game through the "right way" already and am looking for a new kind of challenge.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other games that can work with that sort of playstyle.

Thanks!

Any Final Fantasy Tactics game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard the Shin Megami Tensai games are like this, and are typically well-received.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Bioware games are doable, AFAIK (and on highest difficulties at that). Neverwinter Nights games are easily soloable by mage classes or a very well built fighter class; KotoR games are soloable by Jedi Guardian easily; Dragon Age 1-2 are soloable as pretty much any class (not sure about DAI); Mass Effect games are soloable as any class, if you are good.

Pillars of Eternity, I suppose, is doable on the hardest difficulty, but you need a very well thought out strategy for that. Stealth Rogue with movement speed boost items maybe?

Planescape: Torment is not a problem for a fighter Nameless One, but I don't think you can play it strictly solo, as Morte either always follows you, or will follow you in some missions (don't remember for sure); of course you can just live him at the entrance, if you count it as solo.

I haven't played Icewind Dale series, but from what I've heard, soloing them is a big pain, and even if it is doable, you probably can spend your time in a better way.

SWTOR, if you consider it party-based, is, of course, soloable, although, I suppose, it might take a lot of time for non-DPS classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Solo Fire Emblem's Hector Hard Mode with Hector.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Any Final Fantasy Tactics game.

Kiss me a lot right now.

Deleted
    If you like the old infinity-stuff, you could also try out Icewind Dale 1 / 2. I haven't tried them solo, but it should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Pillars of Eternity, I suppose, is doable on the hardest difficulty, but you need a very well thought out strategy for that. Stealth Rogue with movement speed boost items maybe?
    I have done a solo run with a rogue, though not on the highest difficulty. It's definitely possible. There is even an achievement doing it solo on the highest difficulty in ironman mode (I think it was called Trial of Iron in that game), which was trivial in the beginning with a barb / special reflect shield / +20 damage per hit stuff, though I think they nerfed that a long time ago.

Dragon Age Origins & 2 are definitely possible, too. Though there are missions where you have to have a follower with you. Dragon Age Inquision may be possible, though many areas require a certain class to unlock them (e.g. opening a door with a rogue or breaking down a magical barrier with a mage). Iirc those are only for optional content, i.e. sidequests and collectibles and such stuff. I think the main storyline should be possible solo.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-10-21 at 12:10 PM.

Almost all of them except the old SSI games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dot hack games I believe can be soloed, albeit hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft.