Deleted

Frost DK Artifact traits and stats questions

Hello!

I have some questions regarding Frost DKs.
    Im abit behind in AP for frost because I have 20 traits in Blood and 23 in Unholy. But anyway.. Im at 23 traits in frost(Have enough AP for 1 more trait) And I wonder where u think I should put it. I cant post link but I've been following IcyVeins frost dk guide step 3/6 atm.
    With the incoming buff to Razorice I felt like maybe "Bad to the Bone" was worth it more than going for the last major trait(Frozen Soul). What do you think?

And lastly about stats. Im currently at:
    7593 Crit - 27%
    5135 Haste - 16% (on armory it says 29.70% haste, anyone know why?)
    5912 Mastery - 37%
    380 Versatility - 1%
    866 ilvl
    "Ajpeyo - Frostmane EU" if anyone wanna check.
    I use SimulationCraft and Pawn and according to those im at the right level, but I feel like I should have more haste?
    I hope someone can help me, and any tips you could think of would be really helpful
    Last edited by mmoc6124238c50; 2016-10-20 at 11:44 PM. Reason: forgot character name

The Icy Veins Guide for frost is terrible. esp. the artifact level order. Do not follow that.
    The tree should ALWAYS be leveled down to Ambidexterity first, and only after that, Sindragosa.
    And after that you level to Chill of the Grave; because that talent, esp. for M+ content, is absolutely crucial for your dps since we got close to no movement. So Chill of the Grave is actually one of the talents that gives you the best dps increase per point in the whole tree.
    From which side you level it, is your choice. Either more dps (Blast Radius, esp. interesting when the 7.1 buffs hit live) or Ice in your Veins for extremeley effective self heal (i.e. your whole groups dips low, you can tell the healer to focus on the other group members, can save multiple lives in certain situations). So, long story short, go to Chill of the Grave next.

Oh and also: The 7.1 buff to razorice is only for the razorice frost % dmg increase (from 10% to 15% with 5 stacks), it doesn't do anything to increase the damage dealt by the enchant itself, and the enchant itself does next to no damage. So Bad to the Bone should always be your very last choice in the tree.
    Last edited by Sombrero; 2016-10-21 at 01:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero View Post
    The Icy Veins Guide for frost is terrible. esp. the artifact level order. Do not follow that.
    The tree should ALWAYS be leveled down to Ambidexterity first, and only after that, Sindragosa.
    And after that you level to Chill of the Grave; because that talent, esp. for M+ content, is absolutely crucial for your dps since we got close to no movement. So Chill of the Grave is actually one of the talents that gives you the best dps increase per point in the whole tree.
    From which side you level it, is your choice. Either more dps (Blast Radius, esp. interesting when the 7.1 buffs hit live) or Ice in your Veins for extremeley effective self heal (i.e. your whole groups dips low, you can tell the healer to focus on the other group members, can save multiple lives in certain situations). So, long story short, go to Chill of the Grave next.

Oh and also: The buff to razorice is only for the razorice % dmg increase, it doesn't do anything to increase the damage dealt by the enchant itself, and the enchant itself does next to no damage. So Bad to the Bone should always be your very last choice in the tree.
    Ok, thx for the answer. Thing is. I can still take "Chill of the Grave" as my 24th trait and I already have "Sindragosa's Fury" and "Hypothermia"(via Ambidexterity). So I guess its fine anyway? The only ones I have left is the traits down from "Chill of the Grave" to "Frozen Soul", and ofc "Bad to the Bone" which I skipped.

yeah, you are fine that was more like a general rant towards the stupididy of the Icy Veins Guide

Deleted
    yeah, you are fine that was more like a general rant towards the stupididy of the Icy Veins Guide
    hehe I see!
    While we're at it. Do u have any idea about "caps" statwise? For example IcyVeins says Crit cap is at 20% but most of the frost dks I see are above 30%
    And also do u have any idea why ingame it says I have 16% haste, but on armory it says that I have 29.70%? I cant find any passives that increases haste

The armory displaying different stats from ingame is simply a bug, probably a leftover from the legion beta. The question with the caps is a tricky one.
    Some people say crit cap is at 20% (Icy Veins has updated to that recently, but I'm not trusting that either), others say around 30%, and some even 35%.
    It has also changed from beta to now, and it will maybe even change again with 7.1, because right now, it isn't exactly clear which playstyle will be the strongest, if it will still be the machine gun or (thats what I guess) a (single target) roation with mainly obliterate. Generally speaking, I don't think it is a bad idea to keep your crit at around 30% and from there on, increase your haste and mastery, with a priority to haste. But thats debatable, too. It's just my apporach. There are also people focusing far more on haste for example.

Deleted
    The armory displaying different stats from ingame is simply a bug, probably a leftover from the legion beta. The question with the caps is a tricky one.
    Some people say crit cap is at 20% (Icy Veins has updated to that recently, but I'm not trusting that either), others say around 30%, and some even 35%.
    It has also changed from beta to now, and it will maybe even change again with 7.1, because right now, it isn't exactly clear which playstyle will be the strongest, if it will still be the machine gun or (thats what I guess) a (single target) roation with mainly obliterate. Generally speaking, I don't think it is a bad idea to keep your crit at around 30% and from there on, increase your haste and mastery, with a priority to haste. But thats debatable, too. It's just my apporach. There are also people focusing far more on haste for example.
    Alright, thanks a lot for the answers!

Deleted

Oh and also: The 7.1 buff to razorice is only for the razorice frost % dmg increase (from 10% to 15% with 5 stacks), it doesn't do anything to increase the damage dealt by the enchant itself, and the enchant itself does next to no damage. So Bad to the Bone should always be your very last choice in the tree.
    Hi.

Imo the path used in Icy-veins (if this is the same path used as in Wowhead) is totally fine.

If you want to go Ambi and after that sindragosa it's your choice. But why not take one of our best cooldown for Aoe and at least ST ? Sindragosa hits REALLY hard and the path to get to Sindragosa is just awesome ( Crit damage done on OB / Increased frost damage when pillar on / more damage on remorsless winter / 10% armor ) . Anyway after Sindragosa the next major point is Hypothermia with ambidextry (which is our best minor trait ).

You state that Chill of the grave is the to go trait after that ... I'm not sure if that's quite a good idea .. Chill of the grave just improve the Range of frost strike (even tho we use FS a LOT ). Correct me if I'm wrong but OB don't have any increased range . So you'll still have to move to use OB on your target..

Either way I'd say that Syndragosa > Hypothermia > Blast Radius and then Frozen soul is the way for your Artefact . Take Chill of the Grave after Frozen soul.

Take a peek here at the class guide on WoWhead or ask your questions at the Discord DK (The link is in the overview on the Frost DK guide of Wowhead. Can't post link on MMO champion ) If you have any questions, Ones of the best DKs are on the Discord theorycrafting about the class and the wowhead guide and Icy veins one were made by them.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT : Chill of the Grave is really a bad choice in term of damage output just take it last.